P1000 My forever trailer

J

Jshell3

I spent the afternoon thinking about how to pull BB the 8 hrs to the Takeover...

This is what I came up with.

Started w 1/2" D rings and 3/8 carriage head bolts. Lock washers.
IMG 4869

Pop a chalk line over the nearest angle iron brace to the rear tires...
IMG 4870
IMG 4871

Try to burn your drills up.
IMG 4876

Be a little lucky...
IMG 4879

BAM!!!
IMG 4888

Try as hard as you can to figure out how to best use your new tie down anchors...
IMG 4890
IMG 4893

Buy some REALLY stout ratchets for the front.
IMG 4894
IMG 4902

Finish the entire project a full hour after dark?!? I got hung up on the rear chain.

Anyways, if any of you haulers would like to offer suggestions, or things that you bind a little different, I'm all ears!!!

As of now, this is my set-up!

Cheers

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV
Can you use a couple ratchet straps on the rear instead of the chain? I be concerned that if the machine bounces the chain could come unhooked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

X4Dice

X4Dice

Jun 3, 2016
USA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Only thing I could see is the front straps being cut by what they're wrapped around on the trailer... I can't tell exactly from the pic if that's a concern. I don't like my strap webbing touching anything.

Me either, cut one of mine bringing the Pioneer home the first time.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
e86939920e8a21ba980ac3885b27e590.jpg

Maybe wrap a strap just outside the Y on the rear roll bar and take it diagonal to the furthest anchor. Do both corners to make an X .......

There's several ways to skin a cat. As long as it is still on the trailer when you get there you have won the battle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp and Jshell3
J

Jshell3

Can you use a couple ratchet straps on the rear instead of the chain? I be concerned that if the machine bounces the chain could come unhooked.

I spent a lot of money on that stupid chain. Lol

It's too big for everything.

But it does have those spring loaded closures to keep it from unhooking. (From the Drings, anyways)

advertisement
J

Jshell3

Only thing I could see is the front straps being cut by what they're wrapped around on the trailer... I can't tell exactly from the pic if that's a concern. I don't like my strap webbing touching anything.
I second that

Me either, cut one of mine bringing the Pioneer home the first time.

I need to weld an iron loop to hook to.

Reactions: sharp
J

JTW

And ideally you want your rear straps or chain pulling the machine backwards... but I understand if you have room constraints limiting ideal angles.

Reactions: swsebek
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV
I spent a lot of money on that stupid chain. Lol

It's too big for everything.

But it does have those spring loaded closures to keep it from unhooking. (From the Drings, anyways)
Do you have a GoPro? If so mount it on the end of the trailer and take a test drive. Then tou can see how it does.

Reactions: joeymt33 and JTW
J

Jshell3

e86939920e8a21ba980ac3885b27e590.jpg

Maybe wrap a strap just outside the Y on the rear roll bar and take it diagonal to the furthest anchor. Do both corners to make an X .......

There's several ways to skin a cat. As long as it is still on the trailer when you get there you have won the battle!

Ratchet straps are best.

Back to amazon for me...

J

Jshell3

And ideally you want your rear straps or chain pulling the machine backwards... but I understand if you have room constraints limiting ideal angles.
Well, I was centering above the angle iron. And also thinking about loading a second ATV behind the first. So the second atv would have forward anchor points.

Ratchets off the roll bars would be pretty much straight down, opposed to the 6" offset of the receiver.

Reactions: Deltamud
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
all the weight is on the tongue,Are you hauling another machine behind it?

J

JTW

Well, I was centering above the angle iron. And also thinking about loading a second ATV behind the first. So the second atv would have forward anchor points.
In that case I'd run my rear d-rings for the PK5 wider and further back with a plate under the boards. Just leave the current rings for an atv.

Reactions: elkguide
advertisement