Central PA
Don't know the width
of the outlaws
but pic showed them
& they were wide
to me...IMO
A wider heavy tire would
stress bearings as well
No. I font think because wider tire is wider on both sides of bearing. Offset is what causes bearing bind. But i run 1.5" spacers. Wish i would have bought 2" bearings are meant to be replaced. Looks better. And definately safer

Reactions: joeymt33
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
No. I font think because wider tire is wider on both sides of bearing. Offset is what causes bearing bind. But i run 1.5" spacers. Wish i would have bought 2" bearings are meant to be replaced. Looks better. And definately safer
Makes for a mud thrower too, but then that's what we're out there for, right Talen?

kenmo

kenmo

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2016
mayfield, ky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
I knew a guy that removed the sway bar on a razor and it was not good. He was going about 25 mph on a paved road turned a corner and it flipped several times. Mess him up pretty good. He darn sure put the sway bar back on. I see no gain with removal.

Reactions: rocmar
pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
It all depends on how you ride.

If you are going over 40 on a suzuki samurai and do a J turn it will flip over...with a sway bar.
My buddy just got a new 16 RZR 1k... had it an hour and called us to come flip him back over because he stopped mid doughnut and flipped it over. With a sway bar.

It's not the sway bars fault. If you are going fast on a p5 and try to turn, you will have a bad day regardless.
It depends on how you use the p5, if it spends its days on gravel roads or pulling a parade float then it's a bonus.
But, if you are a rock crawler that moves through the mud and the woods at low speeds the sway bar is a negative and can cause a tire to lift off the ground, that is bad because you have no locker up front and it can also cause you to fall over. It stops articulation of the suspension... we don't have much suspension from the get go, so I need all I can get.
The aftermarket makes RZR air disconnects for the sway bars for the slow guys, because you need them in the dunes or on the track going fast and hardcore jeep guys also have these so once they get to the trail they can unhook..

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I knew a guy that removed the sway bar on a razor and it was not good. He was going about 25 mph on a paved road turned a corner and it flipped several times. Mess him up pretty good. He darn sure put the sway bar back on. I see no gain with removal.
Well see, that's just it, ATV's and UTV's are squirrelly on pavement as it is. Posi traction rear end, and especially if one forgets to take it out of 4 wheel drive before jumping on pavement. Depending on the sharpness of the corner, I wouldn't even take a gravel road on a corner at 25. Otherwise, I don't know that the RZR's suspension can be compared necessarily to the P5, but I can tell you, as will many others here that have removed their sway bars, that the improved stability on the rutted out/rocky trails most certainly is a gain, if that's what your P5 is primarily for.