Woops I guess this is gonna be one of those blood sweat and tears jobs lol

Reactions: Delton and swsebek
Jamesgang

Jamesgang

Jan 29, 2017
Kitzmiller, Maryland
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Am I understanding that you mounted the winch to the outside of the bumper? Is it just bolted to the bumper or something else holding it?

Leatherneck

Leatherneck

Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Am I understanding that you mounted the winch to the outside of the bumper? Is it just bolted to the bumper or something else holding it?
There is a 7g plate behind the bumper to spread out some of the pressure, and one on the front sandwiching the bumper.

Jamesgang

Jamesgang

Jan 29, 2017
Kitzmiller, Maryland
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I hope that works for you. Mine was installed by dealer and just my fairlead is mounted out there. when I use the winch to strap it down on my trailer it has twisted my bumper down. I can't put to much down force on it. It is even sketchy lifting my snow plow. Not bashing just trying to help.

Reactions: BigOL3
Leatherneck

Leatherneck

Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I hope that works for you. Mine was installed by dealer and just my fairlead is mounted out there. when I use the winch to strap it down on my trailer it has twisted my bumper down. I can't put to much down force on it. It is even sketchy lifting my snow plow.
I will play with it a bit more. I dragged it about 4' across the yard but it was a straight on pull no bind or awkward angles. It's only temporary until I get an aftermarket bumper with a top mount. Haven't decided if I wanna tackle fabricating one or buying the tough country.

Jamesgang

Jamesgang

Jan 29, 2017
Kitzmiller, Maryland
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like some of the bumpers out there but I have the plow mount that's just below the fairlead and don't think any of them would work with it. So some day will end up fabricating my own. I love building my own stuff. Just don't have the time like I use to. Maybe when my boys are done with sports lol.

Reactions: Leatherneck
advertisement
advertisement