Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The talon was a big disappointment. I was hoping for a better performance. The ball is definitely in Honda's court but like the others have stated, honda won't step up.
Yea, but I would not chalk up all talons to the performance of that one in this video.. think they mention that his tires were probably over inflated but the KRX definitely made the obstacles look easy.

I'll give a lot of credit to the 35's rockzillas as well... would have been cool to see what one on 32" tires would have done. But hats off the Kawi for having a ride that can manage 35's from the getgo.

i imagine by this time next year there will be more options for 35's out in the market

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don’t do that... it’s a terrible idea
We will see,
The Jbs clutch guy is the one that showed it in a video.A couple of other guys have done it ,It definitely lowers the rpm at lowers speeds ,by allowing the primary clutch to engage sooner.does not seem to be dragging the belt at Idle.Ive been b****ing about the high RPMs at lowers speeds,and this seems to help.It only took a half hour to remove it,I can always put it back.Whats your concerns?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The few I had to service or perorm major repairs on would ruin a whole day.

I refuse to ever put another u-joint in the rear end of a 610 mule ever again. What a nightmare. They also rip the tip of the trans select lever off inside the trans.

The Teryx will blow the whole gear stack up and cause it to have reverse only. They have a bushing on 1 side of the crank that if its damaged will kill oil flow to the front head and melt the camshafts. Their a-arm bushings are junk. The battery is in a s*** location. God forbid you have to change a belt on a 4 seater.

I've got a whole list.
Well at least you know what brand it is, you ought to be in the plumbing service industry, no brand on the faucets/in wall valves, pure online junk, you can spend hours looking for parts!

J

JTW

We will see,
The Jbs clutch guy is the one that showed it in a video.A couple of other guys have done it ,It definitely lowers the rpm at lowers speeds ,by allowing the primary clutch to engage sooner.does not seem to be dragging the belt at Idle.Ive been b****ing about the high RPMs at lowers speeds,and this seems to help.It only took a half hour to remove it,I can always put it back.Whats your concerns?
You’re reducing hp and reducing clamping force to the belt which can cause wear and slippage. The JBS guy says a lot of things...

Reactions: DG Rider
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Why is it I don't get offended when some one brings this up, I own up, I did it, been a few years ago, it was quite a flop! Some guy gets upset when I mention 50 inch trails in CO? Ow well. Thanks to all the guys, @GlockMeister, @Ragnar406 and several others for bailing me out, I had a good time! Don't mind y'all of reminding me of this at all, probably helps!
You know we love you... heck I hear @JTW is going to come sleep next to you at takeover

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You know we love you... heck I hear @JTW is going to come sleep next to you at takeover
It's wonderful to know one's cared for, but for @JTW and I, it's just not worth it to cause a rift between him and @Kilow they have a deep relationship and I wouldn't want to step in-between them! HA! Just being Smitty!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Deep...metaphorically speaking...or....?
Metaphorical questions are metaphorical in nature, so ones got to go to the very nature of the question, speaking or metaphorical and that depends on the questioner and they're intent of the question, what in the hell did you what to know? HA!

Reactions: DG Rider
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Deep...metaphorically speaking...or....?
Well see for yourself, but the ballz deep pics are on the Instagram Brokeback Pioneers Fans Only page.....

Love is in the air..

9344A5F4 87AB 4B7C B8C5 627017AEAD05

Someone was poking fun and someone took it serious.....
A54F30C8 CD98 402A 9782 13EAAAB66ED0

Two girls, one cup.....

2211CB21 4B44 42E2 86E9 C48B9479EADA

advertisement
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Metaphorical questions are metaphorical in nature, so ones got to go to the very nature of the question, speaking or metaphorical and that depends on the questioner and they're intent of the question, what in the hell did you what to know? HA!
Deeply in love, or swinging big pork swords?
Well see for yourself, but the ballz deep pics are on the Instagram Brokeback Pioneers Fans Only page.....

Love is in the air..

View attachment 238636

Someone was poking fun and someone took it serious.....
View attachment 238637

Two girls, one cup.....

View attachment 238638
Wonder who pitches, and who catches?

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You’re reducing hp and reducing clamping force to the belt which can cause wear and slippage. The JBS guy says a lot of things...
I agree about horsepower,less rpm less horsepower.the other not so much,the spring keeps the sheeves or whatever they are apart,from clamping on the belt.no spring more clamping,the centrifugal force of the arms ,overcome the spring and provides the clamp.I maybe wrong, but don’t think so.Between setting up the clutch,and adjusting the dual rate spring suspension.There could be unlimited discussion.Pretty sure the Honda guys,love the discussion regarding the clutch and belt. Being an old mechanic for half my life,all of this is interesting and fun to mess with.

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree about horsepower,less rpm less horsepower.the other not so much,the spring keeps the sheeves or whatever they are apart,from clamping on the belt.no spring more clamping,the centrifugal force of the arms ,overcome the spring and provides the clamp.I maybe wrong, but don’t think so.Between setting up the clutch,and adjusting the dual rate spring suspension.There could be unlimited discussion.Pretty sure the Honda guys,love the discussion regarding the clutch and belt. Being an old mechanic for half my life,all of this is interesting and fun to mess with.
Previous posts.u guys are something else!good to see friends having a........good time

advertisement