P1000 K & N air filters!!!

strongbuilt

strongbuilt

Sep 7, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cool. What dyno? Post some photo's of the dragsters.
Dragsters

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
$777.78 actually. And trust me when I say I got more than 3 hp. (It's not like its hooked up to a computer, oh wait yeah it is, and yeah I know how to tune a wide range of machines on a dyno chart being I have a dyno equipped in my shop that we build and test SuperStar Dragsters) But thanks for your input and speculation! This is somewhat of a surprise how many people are kinda against it all, but i am really glad to get honest answers cause I don't know, only time will tell. Honestly, if anyone needs a custom map for your pioneer let me know and we can go about making you one or I can show you how to make your own. Cause that's what forum friends do, not put you down. Oh well brush em off and cruise past them. I have a dream. . .-MLK

I have been running the PCV just about since they released it for the p1000. I also have the autotune option and I love it. I took mine to the dyno and I was surprised to see the transmission will not shift unless the front tires are spinning. Using first gear pulls, the power commander compared to the other stock machine we brought showed about 8 hp increase. I have since then added a HMF muffler and bored out the throttlebody to be the same size as the African twin.

It makes a nice difference in low end power but the top in is still choked out.

Use some tape over the holes in the PCV to keep water and debris out. I called them and they said it will function properly even under water but I still removed the rubber plugs and tape it. I also sprayed some liquid electrical tape where the wires enter just to be extra safe.

strongbuilt

strongbuilt

Sep 7, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We have a old but good machine built in ground for dyno testing, highest we ever got with it was with a trike we build with a 350Z supercharged at 820hp! Could barely even steer it... oops.... so we dropped a 383 in it and put the big motor in a 1951 ford F-2!

Reactions: knuckledeep and pct
strongbuilt

strongbuilt

Sep 7, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have been running the PCV just about since they released it for the p1000. I also have the autotune option and I love it. I took mine to the dyno and I was surprised to see the transmission will not shift unless the front tires are spinning. Using first gear pulls, the power commander compared to the other stock machine we brought showed about 8 hp increase. I have since then added a HMF muffler and bored out the throttlebody to be the same size as the African twin.

Use some tape over the holes in the PCV to keep water and debris out. I called them and they said it will function properly even under water but I still removed the rubber plugs and tape it. I also sprayed some liquid electrical tape where the wires enter just to be extra safe.
I couldn't agree more! I hated the cheesy clear connectors they use. I have a Tiny glue gun I use for things like that! Easily filled the clear covers and slid em on!

strongbuilt

strongbuilt

Sep 7, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5

How'd boring out the throttlebody make it feel? I bet AWESOME. Plus now it sounds like your hauling ass!

Reactions: knuckledeep and pct
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
How'd boring out the throttlebody make it feel? I bet AWESOME. Plus now it sounds like your hauling ass!

The throttle body mod alone didn’t do anything. Even the AT didn’t adjust for it. Looks like the bottle neck is one step further. But if I ever do a cam swap, the throttle needs to be done too.

Reactions: pct and strongbuilt
strongbuilt

strongbuilt

Sep 7, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you use the same location for the exhaust sensor. mine is different threads, i need to cut it out and weld a new one on.

knuckledeep

knuckledeep

my trailer queen is trashy
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
$777.78 actually. And trust me when I say I got more than 3 hp. (It's not like its hooked up to a computer, oh wait yeah it is, and yeah I know how to tune a wide range of machines on a dyno chart being I have a dyno equipped in my shop that we build and test SuperStar Dragsters) But thanks for your input and speculation! This is somewhat of a surprise how many people are kinda against it all, but i am really glad to get honest answers cause I don't know, only time will tell. Honestly, if anyone needs a custom map for your pioneer let me know and we can go about making you one or I can show you how to make your own. Cause that's what forum friends do, not put you down. Oh well brush em off and cruise past them. I have a dream. . .-MLK
I would be interested in seeing the gains from stock and your dyno tune

Reactions: strongbuilt and JTW
advertisement
C

Chet

Jun 23, 2017
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Strongbuilt, I would be interested in a better tune. Don't know if I have the know how though. Do you have any suggestions. I would like to eliminate the speed limiter and bump up the RPM's a little bit. Any added horsepower would be great. Side note, I have used K&N filters for about 30 years, can't remember actually, with no issues ever. Just clean them and oil them again. Always could tell a difference when installed with an exhaust and a tuner of some type. Chevy's, Yamaha's, Harley's all responded better.

Reactions: strongbuilt
strongbuilt

strongbuilt

Sep 7, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm working through it with dynojet right now. I will have some answers posted here very soon.

Reactions: knuckledeep
strongbuilt

strongbuilt

Sep 7, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Holy s*** guys, Better get them ordered, This runs so good!!!!!! It made it feel so crisp. Very pleased and would do it again in a heartbeat!
IMG 3826

strongbuilt

strongbuilt

Sep 7, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just sit inside like the factory!

KN KN 2 KN3

strongbuilt

strongbuilt

Sep 7, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Take your ol ladies nylon's and wrap it over it once. LOL old school trick.

Reactions: knuckledeep
S

Stevebo1911

Jun 25, 2018
Lubbock,Tx
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That's not true 100%. You can increase air flow by increasing filter surface area, which K&N advertises as their claim to fame. Now there's also a chance that you can also reduce restriction by increasing the particulate sized allowed through the filter which could be some of the performance gain found in a K&N filter. In my opinion the design of a k&n filter is so-so for filtration but it's a lot less prone to failure than a paper filter. A K&N filter can get wet without degradation and they tend to maintain performance even when very dirty. I'd like to see a prefilter for this or ideally I'd like to see a foam/oil filter like UNI makes for a Pioneer.
That's not true 100%. You can increase air flow by increasing filter surface area, which K&N advertises as their claim to fame. Now there's also a chance that you can also reduce restriction by increasing the particulate sized allowed through the filter which could be some of the performance gain found in a K&N filter. In my opinion the design of a k&n filter is so-so for filtration but it's a lot less prone to failure than a paper filter. A K&N filter can get wet without degradation and they tend to maintain performance even when very dirty. I'd like to see a prefilter for this or ideally I'd like to see a foam/oil filter like UNI makes for a Pioneer.
The stock filter does a great job of filtering but they do get dirty quick. I wish K&N would have made a prefilter wrap for this new Pioneer filter

I have 2017 Pioneer 1000 LE. I can’t get the k and n air filter to fit. What am I doing wrong?

advertisement