YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Great still thinking about the t-shirts but definitely the decals will be free, I'm not charging a penny for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Much appreciated, but I don't mind kicking in a little to help cover the cost for decals. I have worked on graphics for video games in the past, no material involved, but a lot of time and effort was spent.

I think it's pretty cool the number of people that are planning on being there. I've been a member of many forums over the years and every time there was a gathering it was just to far away to even think about going. But now this has gone from an idea started by Tramguage1 that never would have happened until his post, to more than 40 people in various rigs from different parts of America, all congregating to have fun and hit some great trails. And it all happens a little over an hour from my driveway.

Last edited:
J

JTW

Much appreciated, but I don't mind kicking in a little to help cover the cost for decals. I have worked on graphics for video games in the past, no material involved, but a lot of time and effort was spent.

I think it's pretty cool the number of people that are planning on being there. I've been a member of many forums over the years and every time there was a gathering it was just to far away to even think about going. But now this has gone from an idea started by Tramguage1 that never would have happened until his post, to more than 40 people in various rigs from different parts of America, all congregating to have fun and hit some great trails. And it all happens a little over an hour from my driveway.
It will be a damn good time if it's anything like the takeover!

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV

I have made the 1200 mile oneway trip to the Takeover twice, it has been one of the best things the wife and i have done. This was an idea that has come to mind after seeing a few members not be able to make the Takeover in the past. This i by far the best group of people i have ever been envolved with.
You need to try and make the 2018 Takeover, i promice you will have a great time.

YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have made the 1200 mile oneway trip to the Takeover twice, it has been one of the best things the wife and i have done. This was an idea that has come to mind after seeing a few members not be able to make the Takeover in the past. This i by far the best group of people i have ever been envolved with.
You need to try and make the 2018 Takeover, i promice you will have a great time.

I work all the time and save vacation for the grand kids, wish I could travel 1200 miles just to ride but that's not an option for me at this time. But for this ride, I have to be there. I'll see if I can round up some seasoned firewood to bring because someone is gonna need it. I'll bring a couple bags of ice and anything else I can think of to help out. I can bring 20 or so burgers from a grass fed beef too. But someone needs to get some real fatty beef to mix it with. What I have is way too lean, probably 98% so it will need some fat. Also anyone that has never had fresh beef and is used to store bought might not like it, but the offer stands. As for entertainment....how about all the musicians bring what they can? Hell we'll set around a camp fire and make up what we don't know lol. I played in several bands in another lifetime, but gave everything away so I don't have anything with strings left. Just thinking of ways to make this a memorable occasion. Hey, if you're gonna be a bear...be a grizzly ;)

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I work all the time and save vacation for the grand kids, wish I could travel 1200 miles just to ride but that's not an option for me at this time. But for this ride, I have to be there. I'll see if I can round up some seasoned firewood to bring because someone is gonna need it. I'll bring a couple bags of ice and anything else I can think of to help out. I can bring 20 or so burgers from a grass fed beef too. But someone needs to get some real fatty beef to mix it with. What I have is way too lean, probably 98% so it will need some fat. Also anyone that has never had fresh beef and is used to store bought might not like it, but the offer stands. As for entertainment....how about all the musicians bring what they can? Hell we'll set around a camp fire and make up what we don't know lol. I played in several bands in another lifetime, but gave everything away so I don't have anything with strings left. Just thinking of ways to make this a memorable occasion. Hey, if you're gonna be a bear...be a grizzly ;)

I'd be grateful for the firewood. Not sure we will have a big fire but nights like tonight where it's a little cool it would be nice to have a fire. For music I usually just play something on the radio pretty low so everyone can talk. My experience with these types of events everyone is talking to everyone and no time for the band type situations. Might be different this trip. We have a cattle farm and I love fresh beef. We usually feed them out on grain before we slaughter so they have some fat on them. We will need to have charcoal if we want to use the built in grills. I have a small gas grill I throw in the pioneer sometimes to cook on the trail. This might be a good weekend for dogs and burgers at a water hole or something. I'm not a huge planner. Usually just throw things together after talking to everyone. This forum works well for planning though.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
T-shirts are a go....
Will have details worked out by Wed.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Alright @GlockMeister or @Ragnar406 you already have the spreadsheet/list going. Are you going to make the tshirt list too? I need a Large and a small.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think @GlockMeister has been the official list person but I updated my little spreadsheet with his most recent list.

I wanted to get an idea of when everyone was arriving, where staying and then a count of people and rides - which we have 20 SxS coming if my list is somewhat correct. - we will need to get a shot of the group by the stage and may be someone (@Jshell3 ) has a drone they could bring to also get the shot.

If any of my info is incorrect let me know and I will change

Upload 2017 6 26 9 13 53

advertisement
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think @GlockMeister has been the official list person but I updated my little spreadsheet with his most recent list.

I wanted to get an idea of when everyone was arriving, where staying and then a count of people and rides - which we have 20 SxS coming if my list is somewhat correct. - we will need to get a shot of the group by the stage and may be someone (@Jshell3 ) has a drone they could bring to also get the shot.

View attachment 47477

I like the "pets" column.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have to count Peaches - John wants a dog now (thanks :)). He was so concerned about Peaches when she fell/jumped out - you can hear him yelling for her in your video from Sat.

I hear ya. Everyone wants Peaches! Ask @my99svt lol

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

View attachment 47477
I'm in space 25 bud.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV
What do you guys and gals want to do about a group dinner/ lunch ? Does anyone know if there is any group facilities at Mulberry?
I will have a few door prizes to give out and would like to get together for a meet and greet.
Any ideas?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
What do you guys and gals want to do about a group dinner/ lunch ? Does anyone know if there is any group facilities at Mulberry?
I will have a few door prizes to give out and would like to get together for a meet and greet.
Any ideas?
I'm bringing BBQ. :cool:

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any ideas?
@Tramguage1 - there is not any group facilities that I know of - there is a giant stage that we should get a group photo in front of. I do think we should plan some sort of timeline for a meet and greet and even dinner if possible.

advertisement