Joe's 2019 1000X Build

Oilfieldtrash

Oilfieldtrash

Lifetime Member
Sep 28, 2019
Illinois
Ownership

1. Talon X
Had the talon a full year now and finally getting around to making a built thread.
It didn't take long after they released the Talon that I started finally shopping for my first SXS. Coming from a 2013 Foreman it was a big investment and an even bigger upgrade. I kept the foreman for obvious reasons, but the Talon gets way more use.

For starters I live in Illinois and ride tight trails that were primarily cut for 4 wheeler use. The X was a good fit for my needs, being narrower and having a better turning radius.

So far I have added:
EMP front glass windshield with wiper- Wiper needs some work, it doesn't cover enough area. I'll get around to fixing that sooner or later.
SuperATV rear plexiglass - good product.
GForce Offroad 4 point harness- first experience with running a harness. They were priced right and hold you in.
CAtech shift gate- I can't say how much I appreciate this product. checked the shift cable when installing it, no adjustment needed.
Blackops 4500 winch- impressed so far.
Custom front bumper- The honda OEM bumpers were priced well, but cheaply made
Custom rear bumper- I wanted protection for my tail lights
Custom tree kickers- Again, Honda didn't seem to use the best materials available.
M1 Evil 30" tires- Love the tread pattern for what I do.
Raceline Krank 14" wheels- I may crack one if a rock gets hung between the wheel and "enter component here" but I'll risk it.
SuperATV 1/2" skid plate- bought used, couldn't pass it up. Well made product. I won't regret the investment.
Bandit Offroad tender springs- not sure how much they help but they aren't springbound like factory.

Oilfieldtrash

Oilfieldtrash

Lifetime Member
Sep 28, 2019
Illinois
Ownership

1. Talon X
20191021 163949

Day zero.

Oilfieldtrash

Oilfieldtrash

Lifetime Member
Sep 28, 2019
Illinois
Ownership

1. Talon X
20200908 165351

I'm closing in on 300 miles at this point. I know, most of you probably racked up that many miles over the weekend. But working offshore I'm not home but 28 days at a time. So I don't get out as much as I would care to. But I took the time to go riding at Heartland Lodge in Nebo, Illinois this last time home. It's a really good spot with some good trails and plenty of open riding. We had the place to ourselves while I was there.
I want to say thanks to everyone who posts on this forum. Several of my purchases, including the Talon, were based on your opinions and reviews.