20160122_094255.jpg

P1000 Jackal's P1000-5

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's what I did. It's automatically controlled off of an adjustable digital controller on the dash and is variable fan.Also has 2 3" fans blowing into the cabin for heat off of the same controller. The controller was cheaper then a simple switch lol

Where did you get the controller? What model? It reverses to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Where did you get the controller? What model? It reverses to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It doesn't reverse but it'll run cooling or heat. Cooling is in 8" fan and we have 2 3" fans plumbed in for heat.
IMG 0184

Reactions: Delton
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It doesn't reverse but it'll run cooling or heat. Cooling is in 8" fan and we have 2 3" fans plumbed in for heat.
View attachment 45087

CP If there weren't near 200 pages in your build thread I would go search for the fan.

Can you post a link to the part of your build thread with the fan and controller?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
CP If there weren't near 200 pages in your build thread I would go search for the fan.

Can you post a link to the part of your build thread with the fan and controller?
Starts on 2709 With the parts list being assembled and fan install is 2775. P1000 - Cumminspusher-the New Ride I was doing so many different things at once in this section it was a little hard to read
I'm going to find a better way to reference things

Last edited:
Reactions: Eltobgi and Delton
chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Easily could have been someone else, but I was checking out a huge camper going north on 49 when I noticed the big black Ford and the driver favored what pics I've seen of you maybe. I says to myself that could have been @JACKAL hauling one for someone.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Easily could have been someone else, but I was checking out a huge camper going north on 49 when I noticed the big black Ford and the driver favored what pics I've seen of you maybe. I says to myself that could have been @JACKAL hauling one for someone.
I am on the road today, just stopped after 1100 miles. Started in Pioneer,TN then picked up load in Goshen, IN currently in Omaha, NE headed to Salt lake city, UT for delivery. Was pretty much I75, I74, I69, I80 though.

advertisement
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thanks so much for the detail Jackal. I think your approach is very bold and creative, I would not have thought of going that route. On one hand, I hate to be wuss here waiting to see how other thinking men solve these issues, but on the other, why not gain by their experiences.
I also want to thank you for the info on the hole size in the glass windshield. I see that there is a, on the cheap, hand manipulated wiper that may fit that hole and it gives me additional options if I buy the glass windshield, at least until I either spring for the Honda model or wait until an after market becomes available.

On the Bussman relay...isn't there 6 fused and 6 relayed circuits? I am thinking of powering all 6 of my lighted switches (which will control the relay circuits) with one or more of the fused circuits. When I first got this PDM I thought it may have been designed so that each fused circuit would power the switches for the relay circuits, but after much tested inquiry on this board, I now understand that low amp power can be jumped switch to switch like the ground, leaving a number of fused circuits for additional low amp devices. I don't know how much power it takes going to a switch to trigger the relay, so I don't really know how many switches I can power with say a 15 amp fused circuit? Lastly, you answered one questions that I have not asked which was where do you all get your jumpers. You make your own. Thanks again.
I'm really confused about the winch, does the stock Honda winch need a relay. Looks like it already has one, only thing I did was whitch the positive lead to second battery and the control wires are very small and don't carry the amps to run the winch?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I'm really confused about the winch, does the stock Honda winch need a relay. Looks like it already has one, only thing I did was whitch the positive lead to second battery and the control wires are very small and don't carry the amps to run the winch?
Almost every winch has a specific relay for it's needs. Then big heavy gauge wires go from battery to relay (red & black) then the other two heavy gauge wires (blue & yellow) go from relay to winch, then there is two small wires that go to accsy power and ground to trigger the relay box of the winch.

Reactions: jak9922
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Almost every winch has a specific relay for it's needs. Then big heavy gauge wires go from battery to relay (red & black) then the other two heavy gauge wires (blue & yellow) go from relay to winch, then there is two small wires that go to accsy power and ground to trigger the relay box of the winch.
So the winch has it's own relay built in? Right? Can you buy mutable relays like a fuse box?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So the winch has it's own relay built in? Right? Can you buy mutable relays like a fuse box?
Iv'e got a set of Millar whips coming, says all you need is a switch. Comes with 6 foot Y lead. Don't know if it comes with leads to the fuse box. I haven't seen the wiring diagram yet. Any one running Millars?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Here is a typical winch relay.
Screenshot 20171018 203326

In this setup below the relay above is in top right corner of below picture. Note the heavy wires I previously mentioned.

Screenshot 20171018 203349

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Iv'e got a set of Millar whips coming, says all you need is a switch. Comes with 6 foot Y lead. Don't know if it comes with leads to the fuse box. I haven't seen the wiring diagram yet. Any one running Millars?
No relay needed, maybe a 10 amp fuse. Can wire direct to switches. Anything under 20 amp can go to quality rocker switches without a relay.

advertisement