P1000 I've decided to wait.

skidooby

skidooby

Lifetime Member
Feb 20, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Try it on toast sometime for a little treat!
Will have to try that.

Another one people don't get is crackers and milk. Crush up saltines and pour milk on it like cereal. Outstanding! Eat it quick thought so it don't get too soggy.

My grandpa got me hooked on that one. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW
DRAGFOOT

DRAGFOOT

Lifetime Member
Mar 16, 2016
MINNESOTA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm not sure i know what you mean. I dont think anyone is arguing, and how do you know I dont know what I know?

I can't be the only one here wondering what might happen to the resale value if there is never a fix for our clutches. If you have to get swaps done every several hundred miles what are you gonna do when the warranty is up? I think it's a 200 dollar bill for new clutches. That would suck, and if someone was looking to buy, why would they get the 2016 when the 2017 is fixed? If I was buying, I would just get the 2017 with the updated clutch kit, or whatever magic they did. I don't think any of us want 2016 to be the infamous year of pioneers.

Why does it seem nobody is allowed to talk about these things? Nobody is forcing anyone to read these threads or respond to them. Dude said he was gonna wait and see. That's fine with me. I just figured I would add some content to the discussion that was brought up.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I don't think the clutch "issue" is as big of a deal as its being made out to be. Problem is, people keep carrying on and on and on about it. It fills the forums and when people search about issues its all over! Most of the posts come from the same people making it look like there is more problems than there actually is. Its kind of like racism, maybe if we quit talking about it, it might go away on its own.

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I've spoke with American Honda and the clutch failures are very concerning to them. I have been wanting to buy a SxS for a long, long time now. Then came the pioneer 1000-5. I was concerned about it being a first year model, but thought, its ok, its a very well engineered HONDA! I bought my 1000-5 camo in Nov 2016. I then found out about the HEAT/STEAM issue (live in the Arizona desert and have the Honda glass windshield and roof which compounds the issue), the CLUTCH issue, the MANY RATTLES issue, the HIGH GEARING in low range issue, the high gearing in REVERSE issue, the LOUD CLUNKING when it shifts issue, and a few other minor issues. All of which I'm sure Honda will correct in upcoming model years. If they correct the HEAT/STEAM issue in my Honda (they have told me they will) and replace my clutch if it fails (they have told me they will), fix the LOUD shift clunking (Dealer will look at this next week and hopefully fix it) then I will be very happy with my new Honda. It is powerful and otherwise fun to drive. However, if I would have known about all these issues, I would have waited a couple more model years to buy my Honda.
How many miles have you put on your rig? My loud clunking shift disappeared after first oil change around 100 miles. It's almost unnoticeable now. You have to pay attention and listen for it. If someone who wasn't aware the Honda shifted rode with me, they wouldn't know it was shifting. My rig did get really loud shifts when my clutches went out though.

Rattles suck but can totally be fixed if they bother you that much.

The clutch issue sucks, it needs to be fixed, but they will cover you. I had mine replaced. I'm not really worried about it anymore. I think 3% is pretty high to write it off as a lemon law.... These aren't FORDS for Christ sake!

And the steam issue evidently just takes a bildge fan under the seat with a little seal kit. I'm working on some stuff and I'll let you know.

Reactions: AZhunter
AZhunter

AZhunter

Jan 26, 2017
Peoria, Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How many miles have you put on your rig? My loud clunking shift disappeared after first oil change around 100 miles. It's almost unnoticeable now. You have to pay attention and listen for it. If someone who wasn't aware the Honda shifted rode with me, they wouldn't know it was shifting. My rig did get really loud shifts when my clutches went out though.

Rattles suck but can totally be fixed if they bother you that much.

The clutch issue sucks, it needs to be fixed, but they will cover you. I had mine replaced. I'm not really worried about it anymore. I think 3% is pretty high to write it off as a lemon law.... These aren't FORDS for Christ sake!

And the steam issue evidently just takes a bildge fan under the seat with a little seal kit. I'm working on some stuff and I'll let you know.

I have about 240miles on it and it has always been loud. How many miles did you have on yours when the clutches went out?

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have about 240miles on it and it has always been loud. How many miles did you have on yours when the clutches went out?
Like 360. I got stuck in a bad skeg and couldn't get out. They fell apart over 2 weeks following.

Do another oil change. it should be whisper quiet. I'll shoot a video of mine shifting in high

Reactions: AZhunter
J

JTW

Will have to try that.

Another one people don't get is crackers and milk. Crush up saltines and pour milk on it like cereal. Outstanding! Eat it quick thought so it don't get too soggy.

My grandpa got me hooked on that one. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
We do cornbread and milk but I've never heard of crackers. Going to have to try that!