P500 Is there supposed to be a weld here??

G

gtistiffler

Well....10 weeks later and they have it finished. Delivering it to me sometime next week as I live 2.5 hours from the dealer.

Reactions: Mudwing and Udaman
F

Fischer

Dec 22, 2019
The woods
Ownership

1. 500
Well....10 weeks later and they have it finished. Delivering it to me sometime next week as I live 2.5 hours from the dealer.
Nothing against Honda tech,however, NOTHING I have gotten back from any product I've gotten repair or fixed whether it be car, atv , roof repair reconditioned phone wow, I could go on and on, I can tell you this, from ALL my experiences, It will never be the same. All repair shops , contractors, body shops ect will promise you the world and try to make you feel good about their work, and after walking out of their presence you will feel good about what they said, however 99.9 percent of the time you WILL get SCREWED. If you think I'm joking, talk to me in less than a year and I'll beg for forgiveness.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Nothing against Honda tech,however, NOTHING I have gotten back from any product I've gotten repair or fixed whether it be car, atv , roof repair reconditioned phone wow, I could go on and on, I can tell you this, from ALL my experiences, It will never be the same. All repair shops , contractors, body shops ect will promise you the world and try to make you feel good about their work, and after walking out of their presence you will feel good about what they said, however 99.9 percent of the time you WILL get SCREWED. If you think I'm joking, talk to me in less than a year and I'll beg for forgiveness.
Time will tell, I bet they took the extra mile on this one.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
The 3 year warranty will help you sell it. You may have had a highly experienced tech do the work and it may be like new. Its fairly easy to check it out by removing the seat and skid plates for a good inspection. The areas to check is the routing of wiring, brake lines, coolant hoses, vent hoses, etc. I inspect my Hondas every 1,200 miles when I do the oil change.

F

Fischer

Dec 22, 2019
The woods
Ownership

1. 500
The 3 year warranty will help you sell it. You may have had a highly experienced tech do the work and it may be like new. Its fairly easy to check it out by removing the seat and skid plates for a good inspection. The areas to check is the routing of wiring, brake lines, coolant hoses, vent hoses, etc. I inspect my Hondas every 1,200 miles when I do the oil change.
Please tell me where you find a highly experienced tech for the rates these corporations pay. If you find one Im willing to make a road trip.

Reactions: snakeriver and CID
G

gtistiffler

I hope you’re right! Supposedly they put their lead tech on it. “Supposedly” he has been a tech there for 20 years and is good. We shall see. I will say, there was a slight delay bc they ordered all new clips for the wiring harness and some hardware. Hopefully that’s a good sign that they did it right.

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
With the 3 year extended warranty, I wouldn’t worry about it at all.

But, The used market is still hot enough to sell it for what paid for it and get the new 520.

Reactions: Backwoods and CID
advertisement
G

gtistiffler

well, got it back today. Turns out they only replaced the front section of the frame. Found a few wires not clipped in, reverse lever way out of adjustment and a few other things. Luckily all the major bolts seem tight. Now to decide to sell it or keep it

Last edited:
J

Jdh3

Dec 28, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
So they only replaced part of the frame? Considering the frame is a single part, did they get a new frame and only cut off the part needed and welded it together in the middle? It just seems strange.
I’m interested because I have a deposit on a 520 and wondered how they handled it.

G

gtistiffler

So they only replaced part of the frame? Considering the frame is a single part, did they get a new frame and only cut off the part needed and welded it together in the middle? It just seems strange.
I’m interested because I have a deposit on a 520 and wondered how they handled it.
It’s a single part number but it bolts together from two pieces. They unbolted the front section

Reactions: Smitty335 and CID
G

gtistiffler

It’s a single part number but it bolts together from two pieces. The unbolted the front section
8B84BABB 82FE 4393 9A11 DB2C9D819321

J

Jdh3

Dec 28, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
That makes much more sense. It’s good to know because it means they probably had a whole lot fewer parts to swap.
I’m surprised they weren’t offered as separate service parts.
Thanks

bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Man its seems to me that in the time u fixed the cable adjustment and put the clips back, u probably would of had less time in just running a bead in the spot that was missing. And saved yourself 10 weeks of bs in the middle of a bs pandemic. I understand it should of never happened but sh** happens.

G

gtistiffler

Man its seems to me that in the time u fixed the cable adjustment and put the clips back, u probably would of had less time in just running a bead in the spot that was missing. And saved yourself 10 weeks of bs in the middle of a bs pandemic. I understand it should of never happened but sh** happens.

Your right, sh** does happen. Like the dealer having to drive 10 hours to pick it up and bring it back. And Honda having to replace the frame and pay a tech to do it. Hopefully the sh** happening to them will make things better on their end. I probably missed out on 2-3 hours of riding. I’m not worried about that part of it. They had to own up to it. Without holding people accountable things don’t change.

bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Your right, sh** does happen. Like the dealer having to drive 10 hours to pick it up and bring it back. And Honda having to replace the frame and pay a tech to do it. Hopefully the sh** happening to them will make things better on their end. I probably missed out on 2-3 hours of riding. I’m not worried about that part of it. They had to own up to it. Without holding people accountable things don’t change.
I get what your saying but why didn't u have them spend the 10 hours and tech time to adjust the cable and fix the clip. if I was really this upset and wanting to screw them i would of made them come back after it. No u made the decision to save yourself the headache and just fix it yourself. all im saying is that's what I would of done and saved myself all the bs.

Reactions: Glock21user
G

gtistiffler

I get what your saying but why didn't u have them spend the 10 hours and tech time to adjust the cable and fix the clip. if I was really this upset and wanting to screw them i would of made them come back after it. No u made the decision to save yourself the headache and just fix it yourself. all im saying is that's what I would of done and saved myself all the bs.
I wasn’t trying to screw them. Just hold them accountable. Yes I let the little things slide, wasn’t worth it. Me and you do things differently. No right or wrong way.

bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree but if u found the weld, returned the machine they gave u a new one would u be on here saying how great they where, More than likely not. u got a frame section replaced in 2020 thats a accomplishment in itself. give the machine a chance and try to look for the good in it.

advertisement