P1000 Hot seat question

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I may not always agree with you on everything but I sure love how well you analyze things so well. You're a thinker and a research things well. I admire that and something that is great for this place. Off subject I know but beautiful homestead!

Thank you for both compliments.

It looks nice but it isn't much fun to mow. ;)

Or climb back up after you trimmed around the lake. :eek:

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I cut some pieces of Armour flex black rubber type insulation and placed in gap between seat and back rest section ( the plastic section that gets so hot and seat belt attachment area) seems to work pretty good. I put the silver insulation under seat also. I placed a section of 1 1/2 inch Armour flex pipe insulation between bed and back of seats I will try to get pics on here . I am leaving for Royal Blue in the morning should give seat a good test. I know the section I put on front of bed works great. This insulation is about 3/4 to 1 inch thick similar to roll bar padding.

Please do report back after your trip. I haven't been to Royal Blue but from what I understand it is fairly slow moving up and down in a lot of places. Do you have a laser thermometer or anything that you could get actual temp measurements with? If I wasn't in the smelly armpit side of the State, I would let you borrow mine when you went.:D

My decision time is fast approaching.

My wife and I are going out to do in person ride tests on Saturday and after I get her input, I will likely buy either a Pioneer, a Wolverine, or a Teryx on either the 18th or 25th depending on whether my ATVs have sold or not.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thank you for both compliments.

It looks nice but it isn't much fun to mow. ;)

Or climb back up after you trimmed around the lake. :eek:
No but it would be hella fun for croquet!

Reactions: Crow_Hunter
BIGRACK

BIGRACK

Jan 22, 2016
Dayton Tenn
Please do report back after your trip. I haven't been to Royal Blue but from what I understand it is fairly slow moving up and down in a lot of places. Do you have a laser thermometer or anything that you could get actual temp measurements with? If I wasn't in the smelly armpit side of the State, I would let you borrow mine when you went.:D

My decision time is fast approaching.

My wife and I are going out to do in person ride tests on Saturday and after I get her input, I will likely buy either a Pioneer, a Wolverine, or a Teryx on either the 18th or 25th depending on whether my ATVs have sold or not.

I will report back I will see what I can come up with on Thermometer.

Reactions: Crow_Hunter
BIGRACK

BIGRACK

Jan 22, 2016
Dayton Tenn
Just got back from Royal Blue didn't thermometer but the armor flex worked really well. Springer came down from Michagan to ride with us .I showed him how hot it was under insulation and what sewers feeling which was basically very little in the area I placed the I nsulation rn

Got back from Royal Blue today and the armor flex insulation I placed on plastic area between seat and back of seat worked really well I didn't get a thermometer But I can say it did fine The passenger side back part of seat Goya little warm I may try adding to the back side of it Springer rode with us this weekend I show him how hot
It was behind the armor flex Wife said she could really tell a difference

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
After 4 miles of 4 to 8 mph in 90 degree weather the area over the header pipes got to 152 degrees. I used this $30.00 4 inch turbo Attwood in line blower. It reduced the heat to about 118 degrees. The aluminum is 1/8 x 1 1/4 inch and the clamps are 1/2 inch EMT brand. I got the clamps and aluminum from ACE hardware. I angled it a bit toward the header pipes and moved it back toward the engine. It helps reduce the heat from the coolant pipes on the drivers side too. Its cheap and easy to install. The under seat heat shield is also a good choice to reduce the heat more. Hope the pictures get attached.

P1070638 P1070639 P1070640

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
35 degrees is drastic! Nice job.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
The bilge blower may not last a long time running for 5 or more hours at a time but they are cheap and easy to install. Just hope it lasts for the summer.

Reactions: joeymt33
H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Bought the bilge blower at the local boat shop, you can buy them on line. I just plugged it into the 12 socket but may add a switch.

advertisement
Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
Just got back from Royal Blue didn't thermometer but the armor flex worked really well. Springer came down from Michagan to ride with us .I showed him how hot it was under insulation and what sewers feeling which was basically very little in the area I placed the I nsulation rn

Got back from Royal Blue today and the armor flex insulation I placed on plastic area between seat and back of seat worked really well I didn't get a thermometer But I can say it did fine The passenger side back part of seat Goya little warm I may try adding to the back side of it Springer rode with us this weekend I show him how hot
It was behind the armor flex Wife said she could really tell a difference
I like what you did with that Armor Flex insulation, it blocked a lot of heat. I had put a rolled up towel back there and it worked ok, your idea is much better.

Reactions: BIGRACK