Calendar HondaSXS Club Ride Pioneers on the Paiute Sep. 21st-24th 2018... [Sep 21, 2018] (Marysvale, UT)

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Got a bit of an update. We will be having a catered meal Saturday 9/22 at 6:30 PM inside the Pavilion at Lizzie and Charlie's campgrounds. We will also have a few local guides all thanks to assistance from Jeff who is the County Chairman of the Paiute Trail Committee. He has a P500 and can show you 50" guys the best scenery, and sites. We will likely have 2 other guides so our groups will be less than 10 machines each.

Jeff ran across our ride via Facebook posts and have been talking to him the last few weeks. No better way to see the best spots than by people who live right there and work on the trail system.

JCMINIS

JCMINIS

Dec 19, 2017
Canton nc
Ownership

1. 500
Any of you more well traveld folks, know of anything that might be a must stop and see along this route ?

IMG 1710

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
Any of you more well traveld folks, know of anything that might be a must stop and see along this route ?

View attachment 84439

www.buffalobill.org Buffalo Bill museum and grave just north of Denver, Golden,CO.very cool place,location view, artifacts,history ect... I haven't been there since I was young but I think I'm gonna stop back by there and show the wife. @JSPEED if you have time before you fly out of Denver you might want to check this out.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In Colorado just slightly west of Denver is the town of Idaho Springs' steam caves and the Arco Mine with tours worth seeing. On the western slope of Colorado is the off road Rabbit Valley area popular among folks like us. Plus there are huge fossils still in the ground out there. If need camping near Rifle Colorado, then look to Rifle Falls state park and White River national forest just north of town on hwy 13.

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The St. Louis arch is cool..
Personally the quicker I get through and out of St. Louis the better. The arch is cool, but from a distance. I also wouldn't try to find parking near it towing a pioneer, let alone on an open trailer.

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Man I have been folowing this thred for a while now and I wish I new if wher able to make it but at this time with my work I don't know if I'll be able to make it or not but if I'm able to I will try to contact you guys and see if I can maybe connect with one of you guys going down there and try to Caravan with you but at this point it's just not likely I'll be able to make it but I wish you all the best and wish I could be with you.

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you ever been up in it? A few months ago we did. I had always seen it form a distance.. it’s worth going up!
Nope, don't care either, no offense. It's just not my thing. I see large cities as death traps for millions. I'd rather check out a mountain up close instead. Besides I have a better chance of finding Samsquinch next to a mountain than I do in St. Louis.
IMG 0809

advertisement
TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
Nope, don't care either, no offense. It's just not my thing. I see large cities as death traps for millions. I'd rather check out a mountain up close instead. Besides I have a better chance of finding Samsquinch next to a mountain than I do in St. Louis.
View attachment 84455

I'm pretty sure there's lots of them samsquinchs around St. Louis and Ferguson MO. Might be worth a look see if no riots are going on.

J

JTW

View attachment 84455
I’m no fan of big cities myself.. but the arch is f***ing cool! Driving past doesn’t do it justice. It’s perfectly safe in that area during daylight hours. It’s also an easy place to get to from the interstate.

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m no fan of big cities myself.. but the arch is f***ing cool! Driving past doesn’t do it justice. It’s perfectly safe in that area during daylight hours. It’s also an easy place to get to from the interstate.
and finding parking with a trailer?

Reactions: Dp5hunter and BWAF
GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
Well I’ve started packing my Ogio Rig bag. 1/2 helmet, thumb assist, goggles, dust mask, etc. can’t wait to ride again even if only on a rancher AT. I’ve not been on a atv for a long time so I’m looking forward to it!!

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I started some maintenance on an older Recon I plan to throw in the trailer. Don’t remove the choke lever to get the carb off. Apparently the inteweb and honda have no idea how the spring behind the lever goes back on. Thinking a BFH might be the solution.

Wife was complaining the drive from Ohio is almost as far as Tucson, where she is from. So she invited her sister to meet us there. Trying to think up ways to keep the extended family separated from you guys :rolleyes:

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I started some maintenance on an older Recon I plan to throw in the trailer. Don’t remove the choke lever to get the carb off. Apparently the inteweb and honda have no idea how the spring behind the lever goes back on. Thinking a BFH might be the solution.

Wife was complaining the drive from Ohio is almost as far as Tucson, where she is from. So she invited her sister to meet us there. Trying to think up ways to keep the extended family separated from you guys :rolleyes:
Single weirdo here.....

advertisement