Reactions: sharp and elkaholic
Deltamud

Deltamud

Lifetime Member
Dec 3, 2015
Florence, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is the a across the board ( improvement procedure) recall or do you have to call?

Reactions: sharp
A

angus56

Nov 14, 2016
North Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Who's getting the official letter from Honda regarding the heat issue. I registered a complaint, calling back twice and being reassured I'll get a notice...guess what...no notice has graced my mail box yet. Anyone else??
Received my letter Monday September 11th I was taking my 2016 pionerr 1000 in for its 100 service and dealer is doing the heat shield also. Thanks Honda for listening to your customers.

Bubbalel

Bubbalel

Nov 29, 2015
My dealer said that he had to have the pioneer before he would order the kit. He would have the pioneer for a couple of weeks. Be thankful you have a good dealer!!!

DRAGFOOT

DRAGFOOT

Lifetime Member
Mar 16, 2016
MINNESOTA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hmm, I left a voicemail to the service manager at my dealer before I got my letter and apparently he just ordered mine, called me back today asking when I wanted to bring it in to have it installed because he had it for me.

T

Tackelbarry

Dec 29, 2016
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I never got a letter but my dealer said they would order the kit and install it when they did my clutch update.

aprils_fool

aprils_fool

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2017
Big Rapids, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My dealer said that he had to have the pioneer before he would order the kit. He would have the pioneer for a couple of weeks. Be thankful you have a good dealer!!!
That sucks. My dealer ordered kit and will call to schedule the work when I asked him about scheduling to get it done while I wait (over an hour drive 1 way) he said He knew it would be inconvenient for me but if I could leave it overnight they would work it in between other jobs otherwise they are booked 2 1/2 -3 weeks out...Ill' be good with the extra trip.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

advertisement
S

Sloganuga

Jun 19, 2015
Leesburg, GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got the letter today, after I took it to the shop for another issue (see my thread under shop talk). Guess I'll call tomorrow and see if they can get this done while it's there.

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sure hope it works for ya! It unfortunately looks like a BS attempt by Honda, where the the bilge fan method would have really worked. I'll bet they don't have $10 invested in all that rubber. Probably cost them more to package it up.
I hope it works. Would rather have a fix that doesn't require power or subject to mechanical failure.

DPort

DPort

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2017
Lincoln, ME
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I didn't get the letter but my dealer gave me the kit to install when I picked up my rear soft window assy.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Never got it .... :-(

NMSCAS

NMSCAS

Oct 1, 2017
tupelo, ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just installed the DEI aftermarket kit with the fan. We rode the trails today at Hawk pride park in AL. The thermostat has a temp gauge in it. Temps while climbing hills locked in low crawling ran 150 F . Then the fan came on. The fan would not allow the temps to get over 150F. But it’s still to hot. I am going to try and relocate the temperature sending unit from the recommend location to a hotter location. Because the fan should turn on sooner and run longer. The factory fan on the radiator turns on at 130F under seat temp. If the add on fan turned on at that temp then you would have no problem I would think. With my 2 piece windshield no doors and slow driving the temps are now endurable. 87F air temp today with sun load and 3 people and gear. Tomorrow we are riding again. I will relocate the sensor to a hotter location before we go. The thermostat is set as low as possible now which is 150F. I will let you know how it does.

Reactions: jawquin
NMSCAS

NMSCAS

Oct 1, 2017
tupelo, ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just installed the DEI aftermarket kit with the fan. We rode the trails today at Hawk pride park in AL. The thermostat has a temp gauge in it. Temps while climbing hills locked in low crawling ran 150 F . Then the fan came on. The fan would not allow the temps to get over 150F. But it’s still to hot. I am going to try and relocate the temperature sending unit from the recommend location to a hotter location. Because the fan should turn on sooner and run longer. The factory fan on the radiator turns on at 130F under seat temp. If the add on fan turned on at that temp then you would have no problem I would think. With my 2 piece windshield no doors and slow driving the temps are now endurable. 87F air temp today with sun load and 3 people and gear. Tomorrow we are riding again. I will relocate the sensor to a hotter location before we go. The thermostat is set as low as possible now which is 150F. I will let you know how it does.

I moved the temp sender to the plastic hose clamp holder that holds the hose that feeds the head. it just slides underneath. i left the temp setting at 150F. the fan came on as soon as water temp inside the hose hit 150F. The fan started running and never shut off for 3 hours. Heat problem solved. i sat in every seat. It is very pleasant now. still warm but what we all would consider normal. I would let honda put on the heatshields and order the fan kit from DEI. that way you get the brackets and thermostat pre made.

J

Jiggerman01

Jan 19, 2017
Hudson, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sure hope it works for ya! It unfortunately looks like a BS attempt by Honda, where the the bilge fan method would have really worked. I'll bet they don't have $10 invested in all that rubber. Probably cost them more to package it up.
I agree with you, I bought the kit that uses aluminum coated flexible heat shield sheet on EBay. Don’t waste your money on this s***. Looks like Honda’s fix is no better.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I finally got the letter .... November 14, 2017. Ironic as I took the rig ino the local dealer for service today where I was told my rig was ineligible ... :confused:

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I received my letter yesterday. I am not sure when I will have it done. I have until the last day of September 2019 to have it done.

advertisement