sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Image Image Here's what it says if anyone is wondering. I also posted the Spanish version to be diverse. Lol

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Despite @sharp 's post, I think these letters are pink unicorns

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp
T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Got my letter yesterday also is said that if was not happy with my machine that Honda would up grade at no charge my machine to a 2018 model with the new heat shield and new clutches and everything would come fixed on the new machine no worries or no questions asked

Reactions: GPR1500SC and sharp
K

Kolton

Oct 15, 2016
Vance, al
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got my letter yesterday also is said that if was not happy with my machine that Honda would up grade at no charge my machine to a 2018 model with the new heat shield and new clutches and everything would come fixed on the new machine no worries or no questions asked

Did you have clutch problems? Why did they offer that?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

advertisement
T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Did you have clutch problems? Why did they offer that?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
They didn't offer anything but to fix the heat problem but everybody that's having problems wish that Honda would offer to do that it just wishing out loud that maybe Honda would offer that to everyone that has problems with there machines

D

Duffer

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2016
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I called my Dealer on Friday and they had not heard of it, I got my letter in the mail on Saturday so I call them back on Monday and they had no problem ordering a kit. I have chosen to install it myself and they didn't have any problem with that either.

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I called my Dealer on Friday and they had not heard of it, I got my letter in the mail on Saturday so I call them back on Monday and they had no problem ordering a kit. I have chosen to install it myself and they didn't have any problem with that either.
What shop told you that you could install it yourself?

VenturaChuck

VenturaChuck

Apr 22, 2016
Ventura, CA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Who's getting the official letter from Honda regarding the heat issue. I registered a complaint, calling back twice and being reassured I'll get a notice...guess what...no notice has graced my mail box yet. Anyone else??
Got my letter yesterday.

B

boatman22

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2016
Woodlands TX
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Other Brand
Went to my local Honda dealer and was upfront about wanting to get a kit to install my self. They said no and that they have to install. They also told me that they had 5 kits on order this morning and did not know when they were coming in. I told them no problem could I just buy the kit.....Yes for $225.00 plus tax and can not guarantee when it will come in. Any body had luck getting a kit from a dealer?

DRAGFOOT

DRAGFOOT

Lifetime Member
Mar 16, 2016
MINNESOTA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Wonder why they care....they get paid either way. Maybe they're concerned about a liability issue?

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Why would you want to pay for the kit when they are doing it and plus if they install it and something is not done right it's there butt and not yours and I bet these kits are going to be hard to come by because so many people are complaining about the heat so a lot of people want this problem fixed and just wait till the clutche fix comes out everybody will want that even if they have not had a problem with there clutches I know I will if they are better than what is on the current 16 and 17 model

Reactions: 0860silverado
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Why would you want to pay for the kit when they are doing it and plus if they install it and something is not done right it's there butt and not yours and I bet these kits are going to be hard to come by because so many people are complaining about the heat so a lot of people want this problem fixed and just wait till the clutche fix comes out everybody will want that even if they have not had a problem with there clutches I know I will if they are better than what is on the current 16 and 17 model
You must have had a better dealer than i did. Heat isnt an issue for me as i have taken my own steps to eliminate it. I will take their kit if im allowed to install it myself as i dont trust some dumb kid making minimum wage whos main concern is when his next smoke break is to work on my machine.( long story..crappy dealer) and as far as clutches go ....they aint broke so why fix it. If it is recall i will hold out as long as i can to have it done. Just my .02 cents.

B

boatman22

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2016
Woodlands TX
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Other Brand

I want to do it myself. It will be faster to do it myself and then I know it's done right. Also, I don't want to leave my buggy there for 3-4 weeks or longer waiting for them to work on it.

advertisement