P500 Have you seen this video? Reminds me pre-election debates, except just one site bash with sh..t

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would like to hear this too. Is there a department to communicate with consumers??

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
A lot of people have bought polaris over the last few years, they wanted something faster. Well maybe they were but you can only go so fast in the woods unless its a graveled road and even then going to fast could get you or someone else hurt. If you check when a brand puts their unit up to another manufactures unit theirs is always better, (they say). Id rather have a great time out riding enjoying everything and be able to get back than ride a little faster and break down. Check on some other forms and you will see they are always wrenching or replacing parts, sometimes on new machines also check and see how many are up for sale on e-bay. If they were that great you wouldn't see them for sale. I have been riding side by sides since 2008 and had a 09 yamaha rhino. It was a great machine and would run 56 mph. I read a lot and liked the transmission in the Honda 1000-3. I was amazed at the power it had also.To me its much better to have a reliable machine and we all know if anything Honda is that. If you should have a good polaris without having a lot of repairs then your lucky. I have a friend who has a polaris and talks about how great it is, then he tells of all the replacement parts he has replaced.To me the choice was simple Honda or Yamaha,so I went with a reliable Honda. And I must say the quality is better also. If I had wanted super speed and reliability then I would have went with a yamaha 1000. Not trying to upset any one just my 2 ,,cents.
Not upset, I'm one that has an outstanding Polaris, near eight years, 5K miles, original break linings and belt, nothing has broke down on this machine.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
A lot of people have bought polaris over the last few years, they wanted something faster. Well maybe they were but you can only go so fast in the woods unless its a graveled road and even then going to fast could get you or someone else hurt. If you check when a brand puts their unit up to another manufactures unit theirs is always better, (they say). Id rather have a great time out riding enjoying everything and be able to get back than ride a little faster and break down. Check on some other forms and you will see they are always wrenching or replacing parts, sometimes on new machines also check and see how many are up for sale on e-bay. If they were that great you wouldn't see them for sale. I have been riding side by sides since 2008 and had a 09 yamaha rhino. It was a great machine and would run 56 mph. I read a lot and liked the transmission in the Honda 1000-3. I was amazed at the power it had also.To me its much better to have a reliable machine and we all know if anything Honda is that. If you should have a good polaris without having a lot of repairs then your lucky. I have a friend who has a polaris and talks about how great it is, then he tells of all the replacement parts he has replaced.To me the choice was simple Honda or Yamaha,so I went with a reliable Honda. And I must say the quality is better also. If I had wanted super speed and reliability then I would have went with a yamaha 1000. Not trying to upset any one just my 2 ,,cents.

1000% my thoughts and experience! Some people unfortunately would rather pretty then dependability. Most I've seen with Polaris ride pretty hard towards the beginning then as everything broke they eased up to the point of easy small rides.most are for sale around here from 1500-2000 miles...why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Honda could give us a front end locker tomorrow but would it be bullet proof?
Looks like the new auto mode functions pretty well too.
I trust that the boys are busy beating the hell out of something now to make sure you can get home with it.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Not upset, I'm one that has an outstanding Polaris, near eight years, 5K miles, original break linings and belt, nothing has broke down on this machine.
How had or has it been serviced and by whom?o_O

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
All its service has been done by the dealer I purchased it from.
Oh...ok! The reason I asked was because I put a lot of wrench time in preventative maintenance on mine and thought maybe you did the same!
We all know that something well cared for, even if not the highest quality, can last for a while! But...I also know people who don't abuse their machines and have had very few problems!
So let's see a pic of your POPOo_O
Sorry guys, but I am curious:oops:

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Oh...ok! The reason I asked was because I put a lot of wrench time in preventative maintenance on mine and thought maybe you did the same!
We all know that something well cared for, even if not the highest quality, can last for a while! But...I also know people who don't abuse their machines and have had very few problems!
So let's see a pic of your POPOo_O
Sorry guys, but I am curious:oops:
I can't say I've well cared for mine, it's been really worked hard. It's more a tool on my ranch than a trail machine, though I certainly do take to the trail with it. But typically hauling rock, firewood, tools, welder etc. using the lumber rack I hauled 2,000 board feet of rough sawn eastern cedar to a remote cabin site, about 100 board feet at a time. This is the only pic I could find on my tablet. I'm on the road to Talladega for a week (Nascar) but when I get back I can take more if you'd like.

advertisement
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
View attachment 24453
I can't say I've well cared for mine, it's been really worked hard. It's more a tool on my ranch than a trail machine, though I certainly do take to the trail with it. But typically hauling rock, firewood, tools, welder etc. using the lumber rack I hauled 2,000 board feet of rough sawn eastern cedar to a remote cabin site, about 100 board feet at a time. This is the only pic I could find on my tablet. I'm on the road to Talladega for a week (Nascar) but when I get back I can take more if you'd like.
Definitely looks like a work rig! Thanks for the pic, looks different than I was expecting! Thought it would be all shiny like it had just been cleaned with armor all.:eek:
Is that a 2011 800xp? If so I have been inside the main gear case on a similar machine...and changed wheel bearings and drive axles! Gear case had a stretched chain and broken tensioner I had to replace for a buddy! Do I need to mention that while a passenger my buddy flipped us on my side while attempting to spin cookies? Lol.

Last edited:
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
View attachment 24453

Going to Dega!? I grew up just up the road from the track. Fun times.

Anyway, you should have brought your pioneer and rode some while here!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Definitely looks like a work rig! Thanks for the pic, looks different than I was expecting! Thought it would be all shiny like it had just been cleaned with armor all.:eek:
Is that a 2011 800xp? If so I have been inside the main gear case on a similar machine and changed bearings and axles! Had a stretched chain and broken tensioner I had to replace for a buddy! Do I need to mention that while a passenger my buddy flipped us on my side while attempting to spin cookies? Lol.
Nope, already said it was an 09, 700. Why would you think it would be clean and shinny. I said it was a work rig and I meant it. Roof and winch is the only mods. With the good suspension and wide foot print, I've never been close to putting it on its side. I hope you didn't get hurt when your buddy flipped you Eltobgi!!!! Btw, what's the Armor All reference to?

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Going to Dega!? I grew up just up the road from the track. Fun times.

Anyway, you should have brought your pioneer and rode some while here!
That's cool dude. Where at, Lincoln, Pell City??? I did bring the P5, it's in the garage of the toy hauler a few feet from me! There will be a lot of miles installed riding from one camper to the next all along Speedway Blvd. lots of tailgating.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That's cool dude. Where at, Lincoln, Pell City??? I did bring the P5, it's in the garage of the toy hauler a few feet from me! There will be a lot of miles installed riding from one camper to the next all along Speedway Blvd. lots of tailgating.

Sent you a PM

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Nope, already said it was an 09, 700. Why would you think it would be clean and shinny. I said it was a work rig and I meant it. Roof and winch is the only mods. With the good suspension and wide foot print, I've never been close to putting it on its side. I hope you didn't get hurt when your buddy flipped you Eltobgi!!!!
Tail lights had me fooled! Thought it would be clean and shiny because it would show an increased level of care!
My '08 crew was a bit different but was a 700 as well! It was very low geared and could pull like an ox! If not for the fact it was a money pit I'd still have it!
No didn't get hurt, but to this day I wish I would have gotten a picture of him hanging there trapped in his seatbelt! Funny stuff when the only bruises are to the Ego!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Tail lights had me fooled! Thought it would be clean and shiny because it would show an increased level of care!
My '08 crew was a bit different but was a 700 as well! It was very low geared and could pull like an ox! If not for the fact it was a money pit I'd still have it!
No didn't get hurt, but to this day I wish I would have gotten a picture of him hanging there trapped in his seatbelt! Funny stuff when the only bruises are to the Ego!
Haha, I heard that. Always nice when nobody gets hurt. But honestly, I've never once even washed it. It truly is just a ranch hand, and a damn good one. That's why I'm so surprised to here such trash talk about them here. Guess I got the good one lol. :)

Reactions: Jshell3 and Eltobgi
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Haha, I heard that. Always nice when nobody gets hurt. But honestly, I've never once even washed it. It truly is just a ranch hand, and a damn good one. That's why I'm so surprised to here such trash talk about them here. Guess I got the good one lol. :)
Your bulletproof Ranger has always amazed me.... It's like a unicorn. Honestly, I think it's awesome that it's been so good to you and if I had the same experience I, too, would proudly share it here.

Has your Ranger ever seen much mud or riding in wet conditions? It seems that water/mud is a real killer.

I've posted pics before of the pile of discarded parts from my dad's 2014 before, and since then an entire front differential has been added, plus a complete set of internal front diff parts... I'm quite sure his is at the opposite end of the spectrum as yours - a total lemon!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Your bulletproof Ranger has always amazed me.... It's like a unicorn. Honestly, I think it's awesome that it's been so good to you and if I had the same experience I, too, would proudly share it here.

Has your Ranger ever seen much mud or riding in wet conditions? It seems that water/mud is a real killer.

I've posted pics before of the pile of discarded parts from my dad's 2014 before, and since then an entire front differential has been added, plus a complete set of internal front diff parts... I'm quite sure his is at the opposite end of the spectrum as yours - a total lemon!
Well, to point out that I've got a really good Polaris isn't to discredit reports from guys like CP that have had bad ones. I mean what am I suppose to say with a Polaris Ranger that's been so good to me. I have three SxS, leaving one in each place so that I don't have to transport these things around. Where the Ranger stays, we get an average of 50" of rain a year, lots of streams and mud. I've seen all kinds of mechanical failures to Hondas on this forum, the 700 has had recalls due to them catching fire. I really dig my P5, juries out on the P7, but like cars/trucks, I've had good and bad in everything. I'm not doctrinaire on any.

advertisement