P1000 Has anyone tried the 2" spacers

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
It does sit a lil like a hot rod nose down. I think with spacers in front now front maybe 1/2 inch taller than rear now but appears to be level with naked eye. If you put spacers in front and back I think u would be close to stock look but a lil higher all around. I also didn't want anymore lift in rear cause as it is now with bigger wheels and tires tailgate is already waist high. This is best picture I could find prespacers you can see it is a lil shorter in front.

View attachment 12033
thank u very helpful!! I think its a great thing I just need to make sure it will fit in the trailer if it sat 2inches higher lol. (revised) I just let air out of my tires to about 1.5 psi down the road I go!! ride for the weekend and it stays outside at rv site anyways! no big deal with onboard air

Last edited:
Calvin

Calvin

Lifetime Member
Dec 20, 2015
Benton, La.
thank u very helpful!! I think its a great thing I just need to make sure it will fit in the trailer if it sat 2inches higher lol
Not sure what size tires or roof you got but ill measure mine when I get off work and it will give you an idea anyway.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
Not sure what size tires or roof you got but ill measure mine when I get off work and it will give you an idea anyway.
I have hard roof and stock tires!

Calvin

Calvin

Lifetime Member
Dec 20, 2015
Benton, La.
I have hard roof and stock tires!
May even out then. I have a lil taller tires but think hard roof sticks up taller than one I built for mine.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
looks like that set of spacers u showed the link to will only work on the front and not the rear unless u don't have self leveling rear shocks?

Calvin

Calvin

Lifetime Member
Dec 20, 2015
Benton, La.
looks like that set of spacers u showed the link to will only work on the front and not the rear unless u don't have self leveling rear shocks?
Not sure if they will or not. I liked the way it looked with them only in front never attempted to put them in rear. All 4 are definitely same size when they came in the box. If that helps.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
yeah pretty sure they wont fit on the back.I was totally with u about putting them on the front and not the rear but yesterday I put on the mud busters and wow did it make the back look like it was sitting way lower so no I figure just putting them on the front will make it look weird?

Calvin

Calvin

Lifetime Member
Dec 20, 2015
Benton, La.
yeah pretty sure they wont fit on the back.I was totally with u about putting them on the front and not the rear but yesterday I put on the mud busters and wow did it make the back look like it was sitting way lower so no I figure just putting them on the front will make it look weird?
Well dang. Wish it would of worked out for you.

advertisement
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
anyone done any spacers on the rear yet?

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
Yup.

Kawi teryx 1" and got new lug nuts
I want to buy the 2" lift for the front witch this thread further back said is 1 inch spring spacers for the front and he said it raises 2" form just taking the slop out but I was looking at the rear and it looks like the 4 that come in the set will not fit the rear is that right? So what I wanted to do was just do like he did and add them just to the front to tighten shocks and give better spring pressure and at the same time lift it 2 inches. so with that said all was good then I put on the mud busters and it takes away wheel well space and now I figured If I just did it in the front it would look weird since the mud busters already make it look lower in the rear? please advise

Reactions: Kingmudd
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I want to buy the 2" lift for the front witch this thread further back said is 1 inch spring spacers for the front and he said it raises 2" form just taking the slop out but I was looking at the rear and it looks like the 4 that come in the set will not fit the rear is that right? So what I wanted to do was just do like he did and add them just to the front to tighten shocks and give better spring pressure and at the same time lift it 2 inches. so with that said all was good then I put on the mud busters and it takes away wheel well space and now I figured If I just did it in the front it would look weird since the mud busters already make it look lower in the rear? please advise

Oh, I thought you meant wheel spacers....sorry. You meant spring spacers.

Bradmc87

Bradmc87

Jan 5, 2016
Conehatta, Mississippi
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Do you have any pictures of the mudbusters installed? Pros? Cons?

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
Just put some on the front today. Bottomed out the shock a lot yesterday. Riding again tomorrow, so I should be able to report on the difference in ride quality.

Reactions: dale5740
advertisement