P1000 Has any dealers received delivery of a Pioneer 1000 yet?

Kenjones21

Kenjones21

Jun 23, 2015
Central Louisiana
now our shipment is pushed to the 19th - they had to replace latches on the pioneers.. doors? tailgate? not sure...
Alexa; so the 19th is that when everyone is getting their first one or their full order , last I heard from dealer was last week and their first one was coming on 8th and the other 9 around the 20th??

Alexa

Alexa

May 7, 2015
Tifton, GA
Honda didn't specify whether we would receive all or one.... we are assuming that all units will ship at one time... (though I'm very curious to see how ten of my side by sides will all come together... :) )

jacksl

jacksl

Oct 2, 2014
now our shipment is pushed to the 19th - they had to replace latches on the pioneers.. doors? tailgate? not sure...
Wow. That seems like an easy fix at the dealer once delivered.

A

Andy

Sep 28, 2015
Oh they are out there. On the way to Vegas this past weekend.

Reactions: Alexa
Alexa

Alexa

May 7, 2015
Tifton, GA
Wow. That seems like an easy fix at the dealer once delivered.

The only thing with that is that once they get to the dealers, Honda will not only have to send the appropriate parts to be warrantied, but will also have to pay labor rates for whatever techs had to install the new parts... I'm sure they want to keep as much money in their pockets as possible.. can you blame them?

Duramax

Duramax

Jul 23, 2015
Dresden,TN
The only thing with that is that once they get to the dealers, Honda will not only have to send the appropriate parts to be warrantied, but will also have to pay labor rates for whatever techs had to install the new parts... I'm sure they want to keep as much money in their pockets as possible.. can you blame them?
Me personally, I would rather wait as long as they needed because I DONT want any issues after I receive the unit because im already nervous about it being a all new model first year machine.

Alexa

Alexa

May 7, 2015
Tifton, GA
Me personally, I would rather wait as long as they needed because I DONT want any issues after I receive the unit because im already nervous about it being a all new model first year machine.

and a smart man you are. :)

Reactions: Duramax
N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I usually don't ever buy the extended warranty but since this is that first year machine I have. I'm hoping it's wasted money.

Reactions: Hondasxs
Duramax

Duramax

Jul 23, 2015
Dresden,TN
I usually don't ever buy the extended warranty but since this is that first year machine I have. I'm hoping it's wasted money.
I haven't thought about the extended warranty but I may buy it.

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven't thought about the extended warranty but I may buy it.
It bumps coverage to 4 years total. I don't have my invoice with me and I don't remember how much but I decided it was worth it.

advertisement
Alexa

Alexa

May 7, 2015
Tifton, GA
as long as there is still six months left in your factory warranty period, you can still ad it... that way you can ride it for a few months and see if you really think its necessary

Reactions: TOOLOUD
jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Honda made sure they perfected their unit before shipping. That's why there were so many trial rides. Would you rather have something that you KNOW will be 100%, or buy something that you might own for a few months before the first recall comes out? Honda puts millions of dollars in their R&D - and that's why their products stand the test of time.
This should be in the bible new book of awesomeness!!!!

Alexa

Alexa

May 7, 2015
Tifton, GA
Hey Alexa
If our local dealer won't sale extended warranty for that can we purchase with you?

All we (or any dealer) would need is the VIN and we could do it for you... yesterday when I quoted the $700, that was based on warranties for the Pioneer 700. Let me check HPP and see if the cost went up at all on the P1K's.... my dealer principle just informed me that there was actually someone selling them on EBAY a few months ago.. Honda shut them down, but only because he was going through a third party vendor. I will do some research and get back to you soon! Have a good day, Lovies!

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
don't let them sell it for more than $620 - $700 :)

I trust my dealer so much I almost forgot to look at my paperwork to see.... Yup $620. I do want to say that once I make a deal for a price, as long as it is all in honesty, I have agreed on that price and I won't complain is someone gets a better price. I believe in a man's (woman) word. I believe it is his bond. If someone gets a better price, I am happy for them but I don't blame the seller. I believe the seller should do business this way also. In all fairness, I don't know how the extended warranty is priced. In my case, I have a credit score well over 800 and I put up a huge down payment. Don't know if it makes any difference but that's how it is.

Alexa

Alexa

May 7, 2015
Tifton, GA
I trust my dealer so much I almost forgot to look at my paperwork to see.... Yup $620. I do want to say that once I make a deal for a price, as long as it is all in honesty, I have agreed on that price and I won't complain is someone gets a better price. I believe in a man's (woman) word. I believe it is his bond. If someone gets a better price, I am happy for them but I don't blame the seller. I believe the seller should do business this way also. In all fairness, I don't know how the extended warranty is priced. In my case, I have a credit score well over 800 and I put up a huge down payment. Don't know if it makes any difference but that's how it is.

I'm so glad you have such an extreme amount of faith and trust in your dealership, Ned. That's AWESOME! I strive to have that with ALL of my guests! :)

Reactions: meatman
M

meatman

Sep 24, 2015
Any reports of Pioneers being loaded on trucks? They should be getting staged about now.

advertisement