2024 Pioneer 1000-6 towing

Stanbo

Stanbo

May 7, 2024
NE Texas
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
is the Honda licensed? I’d recommend it if you’re going out on the roads. The club store has a 4 wire trailer plug that can be used for the trailer.

Use the paddle shifters in manual mode and you’ll be fine. Personally I’d use the back roads and keep the speeds reasonable like 30 mph maximum…

I pull my ice house nearly 2 miles with plow on front with my P1k5 in high no problem. I keep the speeds reasonable and don’t lug the engine. My ice house is just a tad over 3k lbs. Does this mean everyone should or it’s smart…no, but I’m just an idiot who grew up on a farm using the tool available with an abundance of caution, because it’s all we had.

Drive with caution, don’t bog the engine and allow for huge braking distances and it should be enjoyable ride.
took a look at the trailer plug you recommended. The "Honda Trailer Light Adapter", has a caveat that says "* requires turnpro single kit to function". Is this the same part? or two different products? I keep looking through the rest of the products and don't see another product to compliment the adapter. My apologies if I'm overthinking this.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
took a look at the trailer plug you recommended. The "Honda Trailer Light Adapter", has a caveat that says "* requires turnpro single kit to function". Is this the same part? or two different products? I keep looking through the rest of the products and don't see another product to compliment the adapter. My apologies if I'm overthinking this.
That trailer adaptor only works if you have the Turnpro single kit installed.
Honda changed wiring, forcing a different method vs 2021 models.

So.... If you plan to get a turn signal kit. Get the TurnPro, then the trailer adaptor will work.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Don't give these guys that idea, nobody wants to see that, (Well maybe the Yahmy and krx guys do, but no one else. ).
Since you dedicate one day every ride to Yamaha buggy bunnie time I guess your included in that 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: JenElio and Vikes79