Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I know it’s old but I’m looking around buddy. Need an easy economical way to come see you and others. I wasn’t kidding about how nice it was to not need a trailer for the Pioneer. I’m f***ing sick of the trailer! Since you moved closer it’s put a push on me.

Reactions: sharp and Tigermark
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
@joeymt33 are you running a dual battery set up?
Im pretty impressed with my big amazon bar. i hit about a 4" thick branch doing about 40mph and all it did was tweek my mounting brackets and leave some bark in the tiny bolts. now that i need a new bumper..... im probably going to put a small bar in it to come on with the high beams. i dont get to use my big bar hardly at all since it blinds people in front of me, guess that might be why ive never noticed a voltage drop.

I use a dual battery setup but it will only do so much. The wetsounds bar and sub consumes a lot of watts then add in the 240watt lights bar with the 4 cubes also burning and I would see voltage drop to ~12.5. Most of last week I didn’t use the light bar. I can run all the lights if I don’t use the stereo. If the stereo is on then I can’t use that giant light bar. So my hopes are running five small lights upfront which will be less wattage but I can properly aim all the little lights and hopefully get a positive outcome. Another important note is they will be on two different circuits in case something happens I won’t loose all the lights. During one of the creek rides the four pods that I had on the front went out so I switched over to the light bar. That was a very nice feature to have those on two different circuits and it will remain that way.

As far as the strength of those light bars that you had mentioned, I don’t know if you noticed or not but when I climbed on top of my vehicle when you were taking our picture, I was standing on the light bar to climb up and down!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I had thought about ditching my 52" as well. For the size and amp draw it doesnt put out as much as id like, but it was cheap. Better quality and smaller can give the same lighting capability. Hard thing is finding the middle ground between cheap amazon and rigid. Would like to see how the RC compare for you.

I’m going to the Talledega race this weekend so I won’t finish it up. Then next week I have to travel a little bit which will delay this a little bit further. Hopefully by next weekend I’ll have the lights finished up and be able to give a review.

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I’m going to the Talledega race this weekend so I won’t finish it up. Then next week I have to travel a little bit which will delay this a little bit further. Hopefully by next weekend I’ll have the lights finished up and be able to give a review.
my buddy that had the rzr in TN is going to Talladega too @GridlockH8

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cheers D4a82e7d8b13d8c7c937fc0c950d6afa

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Found this when i dropped the front skid plate...anyone got any ideas what it come off. Same threads as skid bolts so i know its off the machine.
View attachment 73614
it’ll be mounted in the plastic somewhere. I’ll think about and look around at my extra plastic when home if no one else figures it first
Pretty sure fenders section under the hood

Last edited:
advertisement