Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I wanted to give a shout out to the new Harbor Freight generators. One of our group finally replaced their loud ass generator with the Predator 3500 and I was pretty impressed. I love and trust our Honda eu2000i but the Predator seems to be good quality and was actually quiter!
Great warranty and priced at 700. Not bad.

B34FBFEE 1CE1 402D 9BF0 446C5F7B4091

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wanted to give a shout out to the new Harbor Freight generators. One of our group finally replaced their loud ass generator with the Predator 3500 and I was pretty impressed. I love and trust our Honda eu2000i but the Predator seems to be good quality and was actually quiter!

View attachment 73538
I've been eyeing them too

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
New cubes and a little light bar?

I haven’t been completely happy with the light bar which is why I added four cubes upfront. So I decided to upgrade to a higher quality brand and do five lights total upfront which will be less wattage then the big bar and other lights combined and new side lights mounted inside the roll cage like snuffs. I have no idea if this will work or not but the rough country lights are rated for more lumens than the general Amazon lights. Whenever I get all this wrapped up I’ll put my final thoughts and review in my build page.

The problem is that I have is when riding at night I can’t run stereo, bilge fan and as many lights as I want to without dropping the voltage too far. So now I have dropped 100 Watts and hope to still have good light output. It’s hard to aim a single light bar so now I will have five smaller lights upfront to be able to aim where I want them. Wish me luck. Also, snuffs Rough Country lights are really bright, that’s why I chose rough country. They’re not super expensive like rigid but they’re not super cheap either. RC does a better job of getting the LED centered in the reflector which greatly helps light output and they are using 5 W LEDs versus all my other lights had 3 W LEDs.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Very nice

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

One of the major problems that we had riding for four days straight was all the mud that covered all the lights. These lights have lens covers so at least I won’t be covering them in mud when riding at daytime. It was too often that we stopped and we were cleaning our lights off so we could see.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven’t been completely happy with the light bar which is why I added four cubes upfront. So I decided to upgrade to a higher quality brand and do five lights total upfront which will be less wattage then the big bar and other lights combined and new side lights mounted inside the roll cage like snuffs. I have no idea if this will work or not but the rough country lights are rated for more lumens than the general Amazon lights. Whenever I get all this wrapped up I’ll put my final thoughts and review in my build page.

The problem is that I have is when riding at night I can’t run stereo, bilge fan and as many lights as I want to without dropping the voltage too far. So now I have dropped 100 Watts and hope to still have good light output. It’s hard to aim a single light bar so now I will have five smaller lights upfront to be able to aim where I want them. Wish me luck. Also, snuffs Rough Country lights are really bright, that’s why I chose rough country. They’re not super expensive like rigid but they’re not super cheap either. RC does a better job of getting the LED centered in the reflector which greatly helps light output and they are using 5 W LEDs versus all my other lights had 3 W LEDs.
Lookin forward to the review.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

View attachment 73538

My father owns two of those predator generators and one of them is the exact same that you have pictured. I am also really impressed and they seem to work great. My father is actually on a camping trip with his 3500 on the back of his camper as we type. I probably wouldn’t trust one to use in a cabin in Alaska or for commercial use but for the occasional camper and homeowner they are great.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2

View attachment 73538
A lot of people are quick to pile on when HF comes up, but in recent times, my experiance has been all good. A guy i used to work with used to dis my HF compression tester...until he tested it back to back with his mega buck MAC unit. 2 PSI difference, consistently. Assuming his was right and mine was "wrong" (and there is no way of knowing), thats about $75 per PSI.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
My father owns two of those predator generators and one of them is the exact same that you have pictured. I am also really impressed and they seem to work great. My father is actually on a camping trip with his 3500 on the back of his camper as we type. I probably wouldn’t trust one to use in a cabin in Alaska or for commercial use but for the occasional camper and homeowner they are great.
Not just yet saying better then Honda! I haven’t checked oil or air filter in our Honda ever. It’s been 3 years lol. But they do seem good

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Today I have been going back through the takeover videos and posting some of them on YouTube. It sure has been fun reliving those four days. I just want to say thanks to those that I had the pleasure to ride with. It was such an awesome group of guys, I can’t wait until the next ride!

advertisement
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 73538

The Honda’s are hard to beat but at 3 times the cost, I broke down this last feb and bought one also. I have 9 hours on it. The funny part is the lady at the register whispered to me when up selling me the warranty that even if I only run it out of gas and bring it into them before a year is up the will replace it for free. Kinda a pain, but for a new geni every year I’ll take it. Just hope I don’t forget about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The Honda’s are hard to beat but at 7 times the cost, I broke down this last feb and bought one also. I have 9 hours on it. The funny part is the lady at the register whispered to me when up selling me the warranty that even if I only run it out of gas and bring it into them before a year is up the will replace it for free. Kinda a pain, but for a new geni every year I’ll take it. Just hope I don’t forget about it.

Had these been out before we bought the Honda I would’ve considered and had genny years ago. I bought Honda mainly for the quiet. Couldn’t stand camping around people with those load cheapies. The bus is solar so it’s silent. We didn’t need one till went back to tents.
On some of the hot weekends while tenting we’ve brought a fridge so we didn’t need to f*** around with bringing ice and dealing with wet food and we’re able to make some ice for beer coolers as well. Can’t imagine how many hours it’s got now. Ran solid the whole weekend and I think it’s cheaper then buying ice. After the bus it sucks to tent without fridge lol

Last edited:
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Had these been out before we bought the Honda I would’ve considered and had genny years ago. I bought Honda mainly for the quiet. Couldn’t stand camping around people with those load cheapies. The bus is solar so it’s silent. We didn’t need one till went back to tents.
On some of the hot weekends while tenting we’ve brought a fridge so we didn’t need to f*** around with bringing ice and dealing with wet food and we’re able to make some ice for beer coolers as well. Can’t imagine how many hours it’s got now. Ran solid the whole weekend and I think it’s cheaper then buying ice. After the bus it sucks to tent without fridge lol
I brought my countertop ice maker to Takeover. IT sat on the counter and pumped ice out all weekend. When full, we would just throw it in a ziploc and toss in the freezer until needed. Best $100 I have spent in a long time. 2nd only to the $50 sponsor package to Takeover!

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Rough country are good middle of the road lights. Should work well for you. I only run the expensive lights on my truck. I run middle of the road on the Honda. I just haven’t been happy with the cheap amazon lights. In the woods it doesn’t matter, but they have no focused beam at all and when you are in a field, powerline, etc you just lose the light. I want to be able to see deer on the other ridge at our property. My vision x on my Rzr was amazing but I can justify $1000+ on a lightbar again since I don’t drive as fast and need to see as far out when driving. You’ll be happy I bet!

BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN

@joeymt33 are you running a dual battery set up?
Im pretty impressed with my big amazon bar. i hit about a 4" thick branch doing about 40mph and all it did was tweek my mounting brackets and leave some bark in the tiny bolts. now that i need a new bumper..... im probably going to put a small bar in it to come on with the high beams. i dont get to use my big bar hardly at all since it blinds people in front of me, guess that might be why ive never noticed a voltage drop.

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

I had thought about ditching my 52" as well. For the size and amp draw it doesnt put out as much as id like, but it was cheap. Better quality and smaller can give the same lighting capability. Hard thing is finding the middle ground between cheap amazon and rigid. Would like to see how the RC compare for you.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I’d love to pick up a 4bt Cummins with a 6-speed kinda like my son did for his F-150 and drop in this guy for Pioneer transport! My son now gets 28mpg in full size 4x4. Pioneer would load into the back. Ugly in color but that’s the easy part. Basic transportation, it’s not about the drive to the destination!
D5CD56A4 0630 44EC 9FD8 8616AD89D543

Last edited:
Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
I’d love to pick up a 4bt Cummins with a 6-speed kinda like my son did for his F-150 and drop in this guy for Pioneer transport! My son now gets 28mpg in full size 4x4. Pioneer would load into the back. Ugly in color but that’s the easy part. Basic transportation
View attachment 73556
Do it!

advertisement