P1000 Got my Pioneer 1000-5 Today

B

Brennon

Oct 17, 2015
Fort Myers, FL
Hi Guys. Im new to the site but I figure I will fit right in since I picked up my new Pioneer 1000-5 yesterday. It is everything claimed and more. I havent been put too many miles on it yet, but I am dragging it to Windrock Park in Oliver Springs, TN next week to really break it in. I far as I know and was told this was the first one in the Florida/Georgia to be delivered. If anyone has any questions about it shoot away.

Image1 1

blackdog2086

blackdog2086

Jul 31, 2015
Congratulations. I've got first choice at my dealer and they're saying sometime early next week. I may wait for the camo version since I'm too busy right now to go riding anyway. You do know that you just opened the flood gates with "If anyone has any questions about it shoot away" don't you?

B

Brennon

Oct 17, 2015
Fort Myers, FL
Congratulations. I've got first choice at my dealer and they're saying sometime early next week. I may wait for the camo version since I'm too busy right now to go riding anyway. You do know that you just opened the flood gates with "If anyone has any questions about it shoot away" don't you?
Yeah, but I was dying to find out all about it and couldnt wait to get my hands on it and I know others are too. I appreciate when others share so I can be better informed so I am going do the same.

M

michaelbach

Aug 26, 2013
Around about what are you guys paying out the door?

B

Brennon

Oct 17, 2015
Fort Myers, FL
Around about what are you guys paying out the door?
I paid retail for mine. I wanted it and so did about 100 other guys so there wasnt much arguing about price. I paid $17199 which was the msrp. First time I have ever done that but I wanted it and Im not sure when another one was going to be available.

Kenjones21

Kenjones21

Jun 23, 2015
Central Louisiana
So tell me about the low range , I've heard it ain't really that low but hoping that just a lie !

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi Guys. Im new to the site but I figure I will fit right in since I picked up my new Pioneer 1000-5 yesterday. It is everything claimed and more. I havent been put too many miles on it yet, but I am dragging it to Windrock Park in Oliver Springs, TN next week to really break it in. I far as I know and was told this was the first one in the Florida/Georgia to be delivered. If anyone has any questions about it shoot away.

Can I ask what the odometer reading was when you got yours? I assume they have them right? How did you manage to get it so early?

Last edited:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
@Brennon Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new ride! Please post some pics and video after you get some miles on it next week along with your additional ride impressions from the trails.

advertisement
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Welcome to the club @Brennon,
Stoked you picked up your P1k. Expect mine any day now and I cant wait.
Enjoy Windrock. Its going to be a cool weekend and the leaves should be turning by now.

Reactions: Alexa
HivoltageHonda

HivoltageHonda

Aug 6, 2015
Hernando, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Go ride it and give us a full review. Haha. Congrats man and welcome to the site.

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
When you get a chance, can you check the ply rating of the front tires. I think the rear have 4 ply radial. Interested to see if the fronts are 2 or 4 ply. This will determine if I order new tires today.

F

Fullthrottle

Oct 5, 2015
I was wondering how the step for backseat and rocker are constructed plastic or metal and if the there is metal tubing underneath to protect it all when sliding over rocks or trees.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
When you get a chance, can you check the ply rating of the front tires. I think the rear have 4 ply radial. Interested to see if the fronts are 2 or 4 ply. This will determine if I order new tires today.
Both are 4PR.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I was wondering how the step for backseat and rocker are constructed plastic or metal and if the there is metal tubing underneath to protect it all when sliding over rocks or trees.
Below are some detailed pics of the frame with no plastic. There is a metal section of frame that runs back to the rear step entry then terminates. More pictures and angles at @HondaProKevin Blog here:

2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 SxS Engine / Frame / Suspension / Interior Pictures | Honda-Pro Kevin

Wpid 2016 honda pioneer 1000 5 specs frame sxs utv atv1

dustcole9

dustcole9

Mar 29, 2015
I picked up the first one in Utah yesterday!
I drive it off the Honda trailer because the salesman was busy. Had 0 miles on it!!! Felt pretty awesome!

Put 20 miles on it last night. Sold my 700 to buy this one. Well worth the extra money.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    188.2 KB · Views: 568
B

Brennon

Oct 17, 2015
Fort Myers, FL
Yes the front tires are 4 ply. This one had 6 miles on it. Nick from Nicks Powerhouse Honda took it for a ride before I picked it up to see how it did. As mentioned above there is a metal bar that runs under the rear entry step that should keep the plastic step from getting ripped off.

Reactions: Alexa and Hondasxs
advertisement