P1000 Fox shock reviews

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
No!:( Probably have to take them to the tire shop in town! I hear these can be a b**** to break!
Do you have new rims as well? Fish Creek sales (local parts store) offered me 7 dollars per tire if all new, vs the 14 everyone else was charging.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Windrock1000
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Do you have new rims as well? Fish Creek sales (local parts store) offered me 7 dollars per tire if all new, vs the 14 everyone else was charging.

Not yet! Going to use the stock rims for now and upgrade to beadlocks like @joeymt33

Reactions: joeymt33
B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Not yet! Going to use the stock rims for now and upgrade to beadlocks like @joeymt33
Nice. I don't know what he has. I thought about them and passed. I just don't ride beneath 10psi, but I noticed with my intimidators the sidewall is pretty strong. If I would have got double locks I could have drove flats in a pinch.

txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What is the "hobby horse" effect?

Sorry maybe a poor term - here's how I describe it..we ride in the dunes some and there are rolling sand whoops that are not to deep - At speeds - over about 30 the front end dives and and kinda bucks the rear end so you git a pitching motion I guess you would call it. I would think with some better springs and valving you could slow the comp/rebound to somewhat eliviate the issue. My buddies small 570 RZR does the same. His 900XP does much better and should given the suspension and longer WB. Not trying to keep up with an XP but would like to go a little faster..

Reactions: Eltobgi
B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Sorry maybe a poor term - here's how I describe it..we ride in the dunes some and there are rolling sand whoops that are not to deep - At speeds - over about 30 the front end dives and and kinda bucks the rear end so you git a pitching motion I guess you would call it. I would think with some better springs and valving you could slow the comp/rebound to somewhat eliviate the issue. My buddies small 570 RZR does the same. His 900XP does much better and should given the suspension and longer WB.
Gotcha. Yeah stock fronts are similar to a 1980 car. Very squishy, but very bouncy.

I'm excited to see some more in depth videos of the new suspension.

I saw some videos of the guys comparing the two. Looks way smoother.

advertisement
Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry

Go to YouTube and search for mounting tires with zip ties. The new tire will just fall on the rim. Also can take the old tires off with zip ties by hand. Get the large type zip ties so that a tiny flat blade screwdriver can release them and use them over and over again. To break the bead on the old tires use your truck or car and run over the edge of the tire breaking the bead. Works like a champ can do all 4 tire swap in about 30 min never breaking a sweat with no tools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Boomboom907
Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know with aftermarket I'm going to need them anyway! It would make sense! Which do you recommend?o_O
I'm running 28" Roctanes on 14" Sti A5 beadlocks 7" wide with 9" wide tires. Same Tire and wheel package on all corners. My rear track is 2.5" narrower than the fronts. I could only find one place that sales spacers for the P1K- utvheadquarters.com. They have them in 1", 1.5" and 2". They are sold in pairs and the 1" are $100. I want my rear the same or slightly narrower than the front. After I get the spacers installed it should make enought clearance to install the rear foxs normally with the High Lifter in place.

Reactions: Eltobgi
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Use more zip ties

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's crazy! What's more crazy is that I was pricing beadbreakers online! Never had a problem getting tires back on! But breaking the bead can be a b****!

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's crazy! What's more crazy is that I was pricing beadbreakers online! Never had a problem getting tires back on! But breaking the bead can be a b****!
A well placed 2×6 board and the weight of a full sized rig will break you beads loose

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

mbjeepxj

mbjeepxj

Mar 21, 2016
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
<rant>
why do so many threads here derail into off topic subjects and personal banter? can't we keep a thread on Fox shocks dedicated to Fox shocks?

just an observation on the many threads that get started here on this forum... there's a subject, and then there's almost always a derail into something unrelated. I'm surprised there hasn't been talk of clutches or cup holders in this thread by now.
</rant>

anywho... carry on. just had to get that off my chest. :rolleyes:

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I'm running 28" Roctanes on 14" Sti A5 beadlocks 7" wide with 9" wide tires. Same Tire and wheel package on all corners. My rear track is 2.5" narrower than the fronts. I could only find one place that sales spacers for the P1K- utvheadquarters.com. They have them in 1", 1.5" and 2". They are sold in pairs and the 1" are $100. I want my rear the same or slightly narrower than the front. After I get the spacers installed it should make enought clearance to install the rear foxs normally with the High Lifter in place.
Looks like 5+2 offset! I wouldn't mind 4+3 plus the 1" spacer! Not sure if I'm ready to pull the trigger on new rims yet! Curious as to whether the SUPERATV rear a-arms will make a difference with stock set up and HLo_O

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
<rant>
why do so many threads here derail into off topic subjects and personal banter? can't we keep a thread on Fox shocks dedicated to Fox shocks?

just an observation on the many threads that get started here on this forum... there's a subject, and then there's almost always a derail into something unrelated. I'm surprised there hasn't been talk of clutches or cup holders in this thread by now.
</rant>

If you are adding fox shocks it's relevant! But the addition of cup holders really compliments fox shocks and minimizes frustration associated with burnt clutches;)

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
<rant>

</rant>

Speaking of cupholders, I can't get mine back in. The little tab would fit back in the slot. I must be doing something wrong, but I was getting frustrated.

Reactions: JTW and Eltobgi
advertisement