P500 For Sale: Rubber Noise/Heat Shield

C

CamoP500

Aug 8, 2020
Lake Vermilion
Ownership

1. 500
All I can say is for any P500 or new P520 owner, this is a must have. The price is beyond fair for the workmanship that goes into it. And it works as advertised. Sound in the cab is WAY less and heat coming up your behind is WAY less. Don't think of making your own for the price Trig charges this is a steal.

jnmanz28

jnmanz28

Aug 9, 2020
SW Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
I love mine!!! I works as advertised and a must have!

Trigger, have you ever though about the making inside the front fender "mud flaps" out of the same material to keep all the mud out of the under side of the hood area? When cleaning all that up I'm always a bit worried about spraying water on the back side of the switches and other stuff under the hood. I'm not sure if blocking those areas would even be possible or cause any overheating issues but I thought I'd inquire for some input for everyone! THANKS.

Reactions: Mudder and trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I love mine!!! I works as advertised and a must have!

Trigger, have you ever though about the making inside the front fender "mud flaps" out of the same material to keep all the mud out of the under side of the hood area? When cleaning all that up I'm always a bit worried about spraying water on the back side of the switches and other stuff under the hood. I'm not sure if blocking those areas would even be possible or cause any overheating issues but I thought I'd inquire for some input for everyone! THANKS.

I have made some that I've put on my machine. There's actually a factory installed Honda one on the passenger side.
Here's the updated list...

@makac132
@AussieSteveGuy -2
@Starcat
@Kcarr22
@ATK
@iawolfeman
@DMS0717
@hallic
@glh150
@DSG2

Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I live in FL I would like one when are ready for another customer😁

That makes 11 and I ordered the roll today. Takes about a week to get it and then I'll start cutting. Start watching your PM's guys.

@makac132
@AussieSteveGuy -2
@Starcat
@Kcarr22
@ATK
@iawolfeman
@DMS0717
@hallic
@glh150
@DSG2
@CamoP500
@herd90
@wvupsc
@Haleorbust

Last edited:
advertisement
KyGal83

KyGal83

KGB, SNS, Duchess Sheldon, Ms. Daisy, Natasha
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
Rode this weekend with a friend . He has had his shield installed on Critter for some time. We traded machines back forth so I can check out differences between my stock unit vs his mods and make some decisions on changes. The seat heat and the steam thru puddles were very noticeable between the two. Definitely money well spent in my opinion. Can't wait to receive mine.

Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Kind of interested to see how these fit in the 520's. Pretty confident nothing's changed up front, it's just what guys figure out to do in the back. These were designed to go over the first rack and tuck under a box or basket, sort of creating a seal. Maybe it'll just tuck under the bed or might require some trimming? Given good feedback they could be cut vehicle specific.

Rubber At Rack

Reactions: Mudder and DSG2
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Have the material in hand and plan to start cutting tomorrow. Will have about 6 ready so watch for some PM's to go out tomorrow night. Will start at the top of the list but if people don't respond I'll go to the next in line. Doesn't mean you won't get one, just means you'll wait another week.

wvupsc

wvupsc

Feb 1, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
I have a few questions...

1. Has anyone installed this on a 520? How's the fit?
2. How noticeable is the noise reduction?
3. Do you have to remove the seat back to install it? I couldn't tell from the descriptions and photos.

Looks like a great product, and there is a lot of positive feedback. I can't attest to the heat issue because I've only had my 520 for four days. But the noise in the cab (with roof, windshield and rear panel) is surprising. I don't plan on trail riding. It's mostly for hunting, work around the property and plowing.

Reactions: Mudder and trigger
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
It removes the harshness from the noise, especially at speed. Softens it considerably throughout.
I think you'd appreciate the heat reduction more than you may realize now. Very significant and noticeable.
Yes, remove the seat back which is simple.

Easy install and money very well spent.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I have a few questions...

1. Has anyone installed this on a 520? How's the fit?
2. How noticeable is the noise reduction?
3. Do you have to remove the seat back to install it? I couldn't tell from the descriptions and photos.

Looks like a great product, and there is a lot of positive feedback. I can't attest to the heat issue because I've only had my 520 for four days. But the noise in the cab (with roof, windshield and rear panel) is surprising. I don't plan on trail riding. It's mostly for hunting, work around the property and plowing.

No 520 installs yet but they're coming, should know by next week. Just pop the seats, super easy to do, install the shield and put the seats back in. Helps with the noise but nothing totally eliminates it. Helps with the heat a lot, hot engine through water and you get blasted with hot steam from the seatbelt latches. Not to mention sitting still and having the back of your shirt soaked with sweat.
I think it's going to fit the 520's fine, just may need a little trimming at the very back and there's enough material to do it, better too much than not enough. I would just advise all not to go hacking on it out of the gate, you're probably screwing it up. This thing is made to sag down to the plastics which will create a couple pockets that'll hold some water, poke two holes and you'll never see it again. You'll forget it's there unless you decide to take it out, then you'll notice it.

advertisement