Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You still got that truck CP?

No I had to sell it to help purchase the white Pioneer. Kinda miss it that was a b****en truck. Got 24 mpg with Pioneer too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Are you a GM guy too? I thought you were religious about your straight 6 banger.

I like the I6 yes but I'm not brand specific.

Reactions: Bobsagetisgod
S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just bring up a alternative, you have to do whatever is best for you, it's your rig, and your the one driving it.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No I had to sell it to help purchase the white Pioneer. Kinda miss it that was a b****en truck. Got 24 mpg with Pioneer too.

Damn, I was hoping for some bed measurements

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I should have guessed based on the rumor that you own a Polaris. Pardon my french.

I'm not brand specific with trucks but I'm very motor specific. I wouldn't just keep buying the same truck because of a badge, I've seen certain years and models bought that were junk and people knew it but it "had the badge". That's nuts to me personally. I base everything off of dependability first.
We needed a two seat legal vehicle for emergency or transportation and multiple family members and Honda didn't build anything when we got this Polaris. I NEVER CHOSE POLARIS OVER HONDA EVER. Honda didn't build it. When we first needed sxs Honda didn't exist. The very next day after I realized the 700 existed I owned one. Im sure we were the first registered p1k5 in Washington and every bike I own is Honda my lawnmower and generator...so yes I'm very brand specific when it actually matters.

Last edited:
S

scottf

Jan 30, 2017
Meridian, ID
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I hauled mine on a 8 ft long trailer, but I hung over in front and back. Measure from front edge of front bumper, to past center of rear tire, that would be minimum length. Also I would consider how your Going to load a 1500lb plus vehicle. A flat bed is going to be higher than a pickup. Me I'd use a trailer. JMHO

Just some nice long ramps, shouldn't be too much of an issue. One can usually find a small incline to make it less exciting. A one ton or greater truck could easily handle a 1700 lb. vehicle. Most flatbeds are dually as well so I would get some extra GVWR capacity (current trailer is about 5k lbs. loaded). I'd love to use just a trailer, but I want to tow a trailer and have the SxS with me, and pulling two trailers I couldn't get to the camping place I like to go, plus it just seems kind of hokey expecting the trailer that was never designed to pull another trailer to do that.

S

scottf

Jan 30, 2017
Meridian, ID
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I don't know about your state laws, but in some states you can get a permit to pull two trailers, like a boat or utv on a trailer behind a travel trailer.

I briefly considered it but I just think it would limit where I can go and it just doesn't seem like a good idea for your standard ball hitch. Also considered getting a toy hauler but then I would have to own two trailers, one for day trips and one for camping. Just seems easiest/best to get switch over to a truck that can do it all. Don't have a lot of room to park trailers.

S

scottf

Jan 30, 2017
Meridian, ID
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Nice to see a local member. You gonna get yours from Canyon Honda? I just got a 1000-5 with tracks. Needless to say I have to use a trailer. Once all this snow is gone (maybe July) I'm interested to see if it will squeeze into my long box with the stock tires.

View attachment 31979

Not sure yet, I have visited Carl's and have gotten a quote from Edge in Ontario. Will hit up Canyon as well and see what they can do. First I have to figure out how I could get something like this home :)

Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Just some nice long ramps, shouldn't be too much of an issue. One can usually find a small incline to make it less exciting. A one ton or greater truck could easily handle a 1700 lb. vehicle. Most flatbeds are dually as well so I would get some extra GVWR capacity (current trailer is about 5k lbs. loaded). I'd love to use just a trailer, but I want to tow a trailer and have the SxS with me, and pulling two trailers I couldn't get to the camping place I like to go, plus it just seems kind of hokey expecting the trailer that was never designed to pull another trailer to do that.

I agree with Scottf. My pickup was 3/4 and didn't flinch. Maybe dropped 3/4in. We use 10ft folding ramps good for 1500 a piece. An average flatbed maybe 6in taller. The only issues we had was the ramp slipping out because the front wheels had to climb wheel-wells and booted the ramps if they'd get wet. Strapped down no big deal. It was actually very nice having a truck that hauled the Pioneer. It was funny driving around people always asked how we got it in there....ahh... ramps lol. If a trailer can be used it's easier usually but not everyone can and if you have a truck capable then why tow

Last edited:
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No lie, pulling doubles kinda sucks. It'll get you there though

IMG 20160915 130517673 HDR

IdahoPioneer

IdahoPioneer

Oct 16, 2015
Emmett, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I'm not brand specific with trucks but I'm very motor specific. I wouldn't just keep buying the same truck because of a badge, I've seen certain years and models bought that were junk and people knew it but it "had the badge". That's nuts to me personally. I base everything off of dependability first.
We needed a two seat legal vehicle for emergency or transportation and multiple family members and Honda didn't build anything when we got this Polaris. I NEVER CHOSE POLARIS OVER HONDA EVER. Honda didn't build it. When we first needed sxs Honda didn't exist. The very next day after I realized the 700 existed I owned one. Im sure we were the first registered p1k5 in Washington and every bike I own is Honda my lawnmower and generator...so yes I'm very brand specific when it actually matters.

Haha I just have to give you crap! My parents have a rhino for the same reason.

IdahoPioneer

IdahoPioneer

Oct 16, 2015
Emmett, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Not sure yet, I have visited Carl's and have gotten a quote from Edge in Ontario. Will hit up Canyon as well and see what they can do. First I have to figure out how I could get something like this home :)

Lol well if you're looking for a 2016 non delux model then Canyon isn't gonna work. They told me I bought their last one. They also said they wouldn't be getting any 17 models till late March.

Reactions: moparornocar
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That just looks like one long butt pucker road trip. In my neck of the woods you'd be down to 1st gear crawling up all the hills.
It's a little squirrelly over 65. Power is not an issue. That hemi pulls from a stop like it ain't even back there.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sad thing is if that's got the 5.7 it's guaranteed to out run my old 7.1 towing the same amount of weight.
Yep. It's a pulling bish too. In rain with the Trac off it will smoke all 4. What exactly is a 7.1?

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
thats great I remember seeing that picture on google not on this site so funny it was you makes sense lol.

advertisement