Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Excellent ! Thank you! :)Thats exactly what i was thinking of doing.

With his tires and offset rims Trigger said "I essentially went up 2" and out 3" which helped the COG"
...So if i stay with the stock tires do i gain the 3" width while remaining at the height it is now? At this point i dont really care about the height. Just interested in the width.

Yes, you'll still gain the width.

Reactions: sharp
C

Chooglin

Excellent ! Thank you! :)Thats exactly what i was thinking of doing.

With his tires and offset rims Trigger said "I essentially went up 2" and out 3" which helped the COG"
...So if i stay with the stock tires do i gain the 3" width while remaining at the height it is now? At this point i dont really care about the height. Just interested in the width.
If you mount the stock tires on a 5+2 wheels, you will gain 1.00" width in the front and rear.

Stock wheels are
Front: 4.5 + 1.5 offset
Rear : 6 + 1.5 offset

Reactions: sharp and Miss_Oak
C

Chooglin

But the wheels are wider, so you'd actually gain a little more width than 1", right?
No , you need to look at the second number on a offset wheel description. The difference between the numbers is what you will gain on your width!
Example : on a 5+2 wheel , the 2.00" is roughly the distance from the wheel hub to the outer lip of the wheel.
2.00 (5+2 wheel) - 1.500 (4.5+1.5 stock wheel)=.500 per side gain in width

Miss_Oak

Miss_Oak

Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2016
California
Ownership

1. 500
No , you need to look at the second number on a offset wheel description. The difference between the numbers is what you will gain on your width!
Example : on a 5+2 wheel , the 2.00" is roughly the distance from the wheel hub to the outer lip of the wheel.
2.00 (5+2 wheel) - 1.500 (4.5+1.5 stock wheel)=.500 per side gain in width

Bummer i was excited to shop for new rims but that seems like such a small difference in width that it wouldnt make much of a difference in tippyness with my stock tires ?

What tires and rims do you have and do you have spacers ?

Reactions: sharp
advertisement
C

Chooglin

Bummer i was excited to shop for new rims but that seems like such a small difference in width that it wouldnt make much of a difference in tippyness with my stock tires ?

What tires and rims do you have and do you have spacers ?
I am running 5+2 wheels with 26x12x9 Bighorn Originals on all four. I have 1.00 spacers in the rear only.
My overall width front and rear are at 53"

Reactions: rocmar and sharp
Miss_Oak

Miss_Oak

Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2016
California
Ownership

1. 500
You could also go with a 4 + 3 offset and gain an extra inch of width on each side.
Oh thank you Buford! :)
... So would i gain that extra inch on each side with my stock tires ?

Sorry This is very confusing for my brain. o_O

Reactions: 100Acre
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh thank you Buford! :)
... So would i gain that extra inch on each side with my stock tires ?

Sorry This is very confusing for my brain. o_O
Ditto

Reactions: Miss_Oak
C

Chooglin

You could also go with a 4 + 3 offset and gain an extra inch of width on each side.
Not to go against what you are saying , but you would actually gain 1.500 per side from a 4+3 wheel from the stock wheel!

Something else to think about , is the amount of bulge you will get from the tires. The wider the tire is , the more bulge you will get!

Reactions: Miss_Oak
Miss_Oak

Miss_Oak

Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2016
California
Ownership

1. 500
Not to go against what you are saying , but you would actually gain 1.500 per side from a 4+3 wheel from the stock wheel!

Something else to think about , is the amount of bulge you will get from the tires. The wider the tire is , the more bulge you will get!

:)o_O excuse my stupidity haha but in girl talk does 1.500 translate to an inch and a smidgen ? Its not an inch and a half right ? ? Haha sorry guys im trying to keep up.

.... I really appreciate everybodys help! :)

Reactions: Chooglin
C

Chooglin

:)o_O excuse my stupidity haha but in girl talk does 1.500 translate to an inch and a smidgen ? Its not an inch and a half right ? ? Haha sorry guys im trying to keep up.

.... I really appreciate everybodys help! :)
1.500 is 1 1/2" or one and a half

advertisement