ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They look pretty slick... but as long as the strap is fully enclosed it doesn’t make much difference. I don’t know why we don’t see more fully enclosed straps out there. It’s not like they’re any more difficult to make or expensive to produce.

What do you mean fully enclosed? The strap maintains tension if you're using the hooks or the hoop ends. The shock absorbing block is in the center. The straps do offer the versatility of soft hoop ends or hooks though.

J

JTW

What do you mean fully enclosed? The strap maintains tension if you're using the hooks or the hoop ends. The shock absorbing block is in the center. The straps do offer the versatility of soft hoop ends or hooks though.
I mean a fully enclosed strap end.. like yours or an axle strap.

J

JTW

Like these...
E041FD44 F3CC 4326 8E4E 3A15449A4A67

Reactions: Alphonse
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Believe me it was a JOB. It took me 3 full days to do it that way. But now I can haul things and they don't rest on the E-Tracks

Yup I even had the router out but 12square feet of routing sounded like it was going to take a while. Sooo I put it away.

Reactions: Landman
THEOLDMAN

THEOLDMAN

Lifetime Member
Apr 4, 2018
Washington, North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yup I even had the router out but 12square feet of routing sounded like it was going to take a while. Sooo I put it away.
LOL Yeah I had the same idea until I got to looking at that 3/4" bit and the load it was going to put on that poor little router.

THEOLDMAN

THEOLDMAN

Lifetime Member
Apr 4, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-5
LOL Yeah I had the same idea until I got to looking at that 3/4" bit and the load it was going to put on that poor little router.
I don't know what kind of nails the boards were put down with but you don't get them out of the steel cross braces. I know they had to be Ramset.

J

JTW

Just a thought here.. but why not just run two boards thru a planer?

advertisement
E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I run a 12,000 lb tie down strap (large yellow) sideways thru the cab floor area and under the trailer, being sure not to cross any sharp edges. When I tighten it down I compress the suspension. With adding a few side straps it is ready for anything. My trailer has a large tube across the front, so my biggest concern is falling off the back.

THEOLDMAN

THEOLDMAN

Lifetime Member
Apr 4, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use Erickson Wheel Chock Tie-Down Kit on all four wheels even though i know its total over kill, these things work amazingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like the overkill. They seem to want to side walk without front and rear.

Reactions: JTW
THEOLDMAN

THEOLDMAN

Lifetime Member
Apr 4, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had thought about the planner but the boards ramset nailed down. And talk about trying to those out. Yeah Right!!!! They must weld themself in when they go through the metal
I bet you can find a place close that will plane a couple boards for you for a couple bucks.
Just buy a 5/4 decking board if it's not fastened like mine was.

Reactions: ohanacreek and JTW
advertisement