P1000 Fabric Doors vs Hard doors

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have recently been thinking of adding doors to my Honda. Almost all reviews give poor marks on the factory fabric doors and I don't see many write-ups on the Honda hard doors, probably due to the outlandish cost for them. I recently came across hard doors made by Armor Tech. They look pretty nice from what I can see and they are considerable less expensive than the factory doors. Does anyone have these or have any experience or opinions on them or the Honda factory hard doors? Now that the Pioneer 1000 has been out for a while, I am wondering if more people have additional thoughts on factory fabric also? Please let me know what you think.

W

wyodlr

Aug 15, 2016
Cody Wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Go with the Armor Tech doors they seal better. I have the Honda hard doors but would have bought the Armor Tech ones if they had been available

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the reply. It just so happens that my Honda dealer is also a dealer for Armor Tech. I have the glass windshield and hard mid-panel and I'm hoping to close up the cab at least reasonably. Probably not the most timely post at this time of the year in that now is the time for more air, under seat fan and insulation and not doors. I initially didn't consider them but I'm likely putting a set on some time later this year. I had not even heard of Armor Tech and just stumbled across them. The price is substantially better and it looks to be quality construction. I'm a bit surprised I haven't heard more about the company.

Johnny_C

Johnny_C

Nov 19, 2015
Western N. Carolina
I think the Honda soft doors & back
panel are pretty good. I can have them
zipped up in the cool mornings & roll
them down when it warms up in the
day. With the engine heat, it will
stay pretty comfortable even in the
teens. They also work great on rainy
days.

I like their flexibility & weight savings.

I have the Honda 2 piece hard coat
windshield.

John

Reactions: ohanacreek
N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
days.

windshield.

John

Thanks a bunch John. That is exactly the type of feedback I was hoping for. I live in a warmer climate and I think the fabric doors would be my best option but I have read so little positive about them. It is pretty common that folks speak loudly about what they don't like but not so much about the good. It really helps when someone who actually has them speaks up. I think I will go with the fabric doors.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
days.

windshield.

John

Same but mine come off in warm weather.

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have recently been thinking of adding doors to my Honda. Almost all reviews give poor marks on the factory fabric doors and I don't see many write-ups on the Honda hard doors, probably due to the outlandish cost for them. I recently came across hard doors made by Armor Tech. They look pretty nice from what I can see and they are considerable less expensive than the factory doors. Does anyone have these or have any experience or opinions on them or the Honda factory hard doors? Now that the Pioneer 1000 has been out for a while, I am wondering if more people have additional thoughts on factory fabric also? Please let me know what you think.
I ran the soft doors and rear pannel all winter long. When installing them i was disappointed with the fitment, it could be better for the money, but they do the job. Worst trip out we camped in the snow on new years eve. It was 10 degs out. Granted i did install my own heater. But the doors keep about 90% of the wind off of you untill 30mph then any faster maybe only stop about 70%. Just the experience i have had with them.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

T

taylorman

Jun 19, 2016
Lafayette La
My soft doors are ok but I tow my Honda often and I have to roll the soft windows down to tow. If it’s raining the inside of my Honda gets all nasty. I’m wanting hard doors. Do the armor techs work with oem glass windshield and hard mid panel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I added a snap to the Velcro strap on the top of the door. You can now tow at Hwy speeds without worrying about the doors.
Also, do not use the template that is supplied to drill out the holes to mount the doors. That's why so many guys have figment problems. Mine are very tight and fit perfect.

Reactions: Remington and JTW
advertisement
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
OK guys. All of you that have either the soft or the hard doors.........

who has the best price?

H

Hardwaterflyer

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2015
West Central Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone have a price on the Amor Tech Doors? Watched the video and they might work with the Honda full roof and OEM glass windshield.

zmnypit

zmnypit

Oct 20, 2017
alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-3

who has the best price?
Bikebandit is $381 shipped on the soft doors if you call them an ask for 10% off.

Reactions: JTW
EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

who has the best price?
There is a company called sidexside Customz, they are on facebook. I believe their prices are as follows for the Pioneer,
325 for fronts
600 for all 4
100 for middle
150 for back

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Never been to Face Butt land. Any other options?

EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes CEC Custom Enclosure also on face butt land LOL. $600 for total enclosure they don't list just doors but going off what the others they have listed they are $329. You could always borrow someone else's facebook to look at them possibly.

Reactions: elkguide
EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh and they don't make a mid panel because I asked them already

Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Never been to Face Butt land. Any other options?

You could always create a junk email address and set up a fake acct on FB... that’s what I had to do. :rolleyes:

zmnypit

zmnypit

Oct 20, 2017
alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes CEC Custom Enclosure also on face butt land LOL. $600 for total enclosure they don't list just doors but going off what the others they have listed they are $329. You could always borrow someone else's facebook to look at them possibly.
Are they making them or selling Honda doors at that price?

advertisement