P1000 Exhaust Tip

Justinp1-5

Justinp1-5

Aug 18, 2019
Central florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
May not be the place to ask, but is there a trick to getting the tip off? Just broke the first bolt and can't replace it at this exact moment. Should I heat the exhaust up first or are they just gonna break on me

Reactions: Papaandhistoys
Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I would definitely heat it up first. I did mine 2 or 3 years ago and the machine was fairly new so all 3 came out fairly easily. I just ordered a stainless elbow, took it to a friend's fabricating shop, he cut off the old tip and welded on the new one. I used never seize on the bolts when I put them back in.
IMG 0211

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
May not be the place to ask, but is there a trick to getting the tip off? Just broke the first bolt and can't replace it at this exact moment. Should I heat the exhaust up first or are they just gonna break on me
Need to be cold a constant slow pressure against the bolt They probly was put in to tight . If they're rusted you might put some wd 40 on them and let them soak before removing them.

Reactions: Isaiah
Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The bolts usually gald and damage the threads, no one I know uses ice to remove a damaged bolt. Heat expands the female threads and allows for easier removal. Like I said before, use antiseize on bolt installation, makes for easier removal next time.