P1000 Exhaust Tip

W

WhiskeyBentMotorsports

Nov 6, 2019
Kimball Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don't think these would work In Oregon as we have this rule. Qualifications for OHV Spark Arresters
The qualification standard requires spark arresters to be permanently marked with the model number and manufacturer’s name or trademark. Whenever contact is made with an OHV, regardless of what type of machine is used, a spark arrester inspection should be made.

Don't think these would work In Oregon as we have this rule.
Qualifications for OHV Spark Arresters
The qualification standard requires spark arresters to be permanently marked with the model number and manufacturer’s name or trademark. Whenever contact is made with an OHV, regardless of what type of machine is used, a spark arrester inspection should be made.

Yes they would work fine.

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes they would work fine.

It states that; The qualification standard requires spark arresters to be permanently marked with the model number and manufacturer’s name or trademark. Is your marked with this information?

W

WhiskeyBentMotorsports

Nov 6, 2019
Kimball Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It states that; The qualification standard requires spark arresters to be permanently marked with the model number and manufacturer’s name or trademark. Is your marked with this information?

I dont have a oem muffler sitting here at the moment to look at. But check the side of the muffler and see if it has the spark arrestor stamping on it. If it does then your good but if it dosent. Then your only option is to stay with oem tip cause it is stamped.
There is one other possible option and I will look into it this week. I will contact the manufacture of the spark arrestor that comes with my tip and try to get the forestry number that applies to theres and I will stamp that on my product for you.

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I dont have a oem muffler sitting here at the moment to look at. But check the side of the muffler and see if it has the spark arrestor stamping on it. If it does then your good but if it dosent. Then your only option is to stay with oem tip cause it is stamped.
There is one other possible option and I will look into it this week. I will contact the manufacture of the spark arrestor that comes with my tip and try to get the forestry number that applies to theres and I will stamp that on my product for you.

Look at your video, the tip is stamped with the information needed, not the muffler.
Thanks for your help. I better pass as I don't want to get sideways with the Forest Service or BLM

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Order placed Thanks for the Christmas discount.

M

Mobius396

Lifetime Member
Aug 6, 2019
Muskego, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm looking at ordering one of these. What's the sound/performance difference between the 45⁰ and 90⁰?

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
I'm looking at ordering one of these. What's the sound/performance difference between the 45⁰ and 90⁰?

I ordered the 45 degree because it is shorter there for it should flow more air, as short as the tips are I don't believe there would be any measurable performance difference.
Using the same logic the 45 degree tip may be slightly louder.

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Got my new 45 degree exhaust tip installed it gives it a little deeper idle tone just cruising you don't notice it is installed but revving it up to red line and letting off the throttle gives it a tinny sound as the rpm's drop but I have the cat removed and a three quarter inch hole drilled in my muffler over all I am very happy.
here a couple pictures

Exhaust Image000000

advertisement
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV
How about for the Talon? I know te OEM is indexed a little differently. It acually needs to be angled to the rear a little more. It point nearly 90° straight down.

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
FYI, Not to cause a debate just provide information. Oregon Spark Arrester rule on Forest Service Land.
"Standard requires spark arresters to be permanently marked with the model number and manufacturer’s name or trademark."

B

BBLASER

Nov 11, 2018
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
FYI, your Oregan Forrest service rangers must be real dicks if they are willing to check your spark arrestor on a stock muffler. I have been stopped multiple times here in Az and never once had a guy ask me about my arrestor.

J

JTW

FYI, Not to cause a debate just provide information. Oregon Spark Arrester rule on Forest Service Land.
"Standard requires spark arresters to be permanently marked with the model number and manufacturer’s name or trademark."
Why?

J

JTW

FYI, your Oregan Forrest service rangers must be real dicks if they are willing to check your spark arrestor on a stock muffler. I have been stopped multiple times here in Az and never once had a guy ask me about my arrestor.
When they ask to check your tail pipe... respond carefully!!

• Haha
Reactions: BBLASER
Bobrhino

Bobrhino

Sep 19, 2018
Arizona & Nevada
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Think some folks here are getting off key. Whether dirt bikes or any OHV or other motorized vehicle, if your going to be motoring in areas with sound and/or spark arrester requirements, don’t test the letter of the law or gamble if a Law Enforcement Officer will or will not check you for compliance. It is part of their job BTW to do so, as necessary. Fires have ignited due to exhaust spark, though I didn’t believe it possible for years. If you want to run loud, non-spark arrested exhausts, ride in areas where it’s okay. Simple as that.

I grew up in So. Cal racing dirt bikes with open expansion chambers (2-stroke, no muffler and really loud for you younger folks) because that’s all we had and didn’t know different. Besides, that loud sound felt like huge power! LOL. That is, until Sierra Club and many other concerned folks began stepping in. They didn’t much care for what “WE“ liked doing. Granted, it wasn’t just the noise, but the impact on the lands. That was the beginning of “booby traps”, loss of lives, land closures nation wide and expensive court cases. We‘ve begun seeing this in BAJA too.

Today I recreate with family and lots of “old fart” friends. Some of us can still ride pretty darn fast, can’t hear too well, can’t see too well, but we all enjoy the scenery be it desert or mountain. We have a huge variety of UTV machines amongst us. We pickup trash someone else packed in but didn’t pack out. We respect others that we encounter, showing trail etiquette to all.

I suggest considering all facts and where you intend to ride before you make your machine much louder than intended. You’ll find many others don’t share your appreciation of ”but it sounds so much better”.

advertisement