P1000 Default to manual shift on '16 -5

wrwtexan

wrwtexan

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2016
Northeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, so momentary gives you manual, are you able to get to sport?
My button only works for manual. Add another button and wire in to brown wire for sport or a rocker for both.
My sport is me slamming gears myself.

Reactions: Lady01
Whiskey1

Whiskey1

Dec 11, 2015
Arizona
My button only works for manual. Add another button and wire in to brown wire for sport or a rocker for both.
My sport is me slamming gears myself.
I really like your idea, and will definitely do this as well. I hate the rocker button and in a given day I press it more than I can count! Can you provide some details on how you wired the little red button exactly? Thanks in advance.

wrwtexan

wrwtexan

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2016
Northeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I really like your idea, and will definitely do this as well. I hate the rocker button and in a given day I press it more than I can count! Can you provide some details on how you wired the little red button exactly? Thanks in advance.

My switch is the in store test switch from a LED light kit from wally world. I drilled a hole in the right paddle for mounting. I then soldered and heat shrinked a length of two bonded wires to it, ran them through the new paddle hole and then the dash and scotch locked them to the center and green wires on factory selector switch.