20240619 203114

20240619 203131

G

GMac32

Jun 17, 2024
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is really an awesome thing you did. I love my pioneer but the talon is so much more fun to drive!

Arched a arms, fox shocks, and 30” terabytes are an awesome combo.

View attachment 433697
View attachment 433696

View attachment 433695
That is a good looking pioneer you have. I have the a arms already. Shocks and tires are next. I have been looking at the terrabites. I ride some on the road. Are they really noisy on the road? I hate the tires that are on mine now.

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
They make no noise on the street. At least coming from the factory bighorns. We can now have a conversation while riding on the street. I ride very little on pavement myself but a 2-3 mile trip used to be unbearable even with ear plugs.

I know quite a few people with them who love them. Including a few John Deere owners who ride almost exclusively on pavement and gravel railroad grades.

I put 1600 miles on the factory bighorns. The only thing I didn’t like was how loud they were on the road.

RacinJasonWV

RacinJasonWV

Aug 8, 2022
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have been looking at the terrabites. I ride some on the road. Are they really noisy on the road? I hate the tires that are on mine now.

We’ve had Terrabites on a P700 & now P1k. Very quiet compared to OEM. I really like the tires as I feel they are a good, low cost compromise for all type of terrain. Quiet on the road but still capable enough on the trail/mud. Most of what we hear now is gear noise. I’ll try to take a video clip today if I can remember.

PureOffroad ATV Tires, ATV Wheels & UTV Parts & Accessories has about the best prices I could find and they show up within a couple days to my house. Pretty certain they’re drop shipped since I’m across the country from the seller. Been really happy with their service both times.

Oh, and nice work on the engine swap!

Last edited:
G

GMac32

Jun 17, 2024
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We’ve had Terrabites on a P700 & now P1k. Very quiet compared to OEM. I really like the tires as I feel they are a good, low cost compromise for all type of terrain. Quiet on the road but still capable enough on the trail/mud. Most of what we hear now is gear noise. I’ll try to take a video clip today if I can remember.

PureOffroad ATV Tires, ATV Wheels & UTV Parts & Accessories has about the best prices I could find and they show up within a couple days to my house. Pretty certain they’re drop shipped since I’m across the country from the seller. Been really happy with their service both times.

Oh, and nice work on the engine swap!
Thank you for the info and the compliment

advertisement
T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just ordered a Honda Pioneer 1000-6 from my dealer and it’s coming from the factory with the Talon engine already in it. You can buy it that way with the Talon engine as an option. HaHa just kidding but it would be great to be able to order one like that. I mean you have different options when buying a new truck why not have the option on a Honda Pioneer with the Talon engine.

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Shocks and tires are next. I have been looking at the terrabites. I ride some on the road. Are they really noisy on the road? I hate the tires that are on mine now.
If u want a quieter noise on the road and save over $100 a tire for other things, get u a LT/AT or LT/MT tire. Search it up top for options. UTV tires are notoriously loud on pavement and a softer compound that cause faster ware on pavement. I switched to an LT/MT tire 4yrs ago, use them on pavement to swamp and the noise and ware is unprecedented compared to my big horns, carnivores and Moto Claws that I had prior that just wore out I’ve surpassed all of their lifetimes. This might not be for you, but you asked and that’s my take.

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If u want a quieter noise on the road and save over $100 a tire for other things, get u a LT/AT or LT/MT tire. Search it up top for options. UTV tires are notoriously loud on pavement and a softer compound that cause faster ware on pavement. I switched to an LT/MT tire 4yrs ago, use them on pavement to swamp and the noise and ware is unprecedented compared to my big horns, carnivores and Moto Claws that I had prior that just wore out I’ve surpassed all of their lifetimes. This might not be for you, but you asked and that’s my take.
X2. I've got lt tires on the talon. They work great and show little wear from the 2k+ miles ive put on them.

Plowboy1466

Plowboy1466

Lifetime Member
Feb 11, 2018
Ashland, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So, a diesel gearhead that doesn't document things or take pic's? Sounds like a brother from another mother!
In all seriousness, if you want to try the Terrabites out before you buy them, I'll bring mine down to put on your buggy (mainly because I wanna take it for a spin)!!

RacinJasonWV

RacinJasonWV

Aug 8, 2022
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Sorry for the long delay. Haven’t been able to be online in a while. Anyhow, I did take a video of the tires for you.
2023 Honda Pioneer: Tusk Terrabite Tire Noise Level

The sound in the video is deceiving. Most of the noise heard is gear and engine. The tires are pretty much not noticeable with the other stuff going on.

G

GMac32

Jun 17, 2024
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So, a diesel gearhead that doesn't document things or take pic's? Sounds like a brother from another mother!
In all seriousness, if you want to try the Terrabites out before you buy them, I'll bring mine down to put on your buggy (mainly because I wanna take it for a spin)!!
Lol, you can come check it out anytime.

Reactions: ChadD and Backwoods
G

GMac32

Jun 17, 2024
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry for the long delay. Haven’t been able to be online in a while. Anyhow, I did take a video of the tires for you.
2023 Honda Pioneer: Tusk Terrabite Tire Noise Level

The sound in the video is deceiving. Most of the noise heard is gear and engine. The tires are pretty much not noticeable with the other stuff going on.
Thanks for the video. Those don't sound bad at all

advertisement