image.jpeg

P1000 Cumminspusher-the New Ride

Third build on a Pioneer platform in a year it can only get better. More lighting,more automation,more protection, more innovation, more storage,more ability,more suspension,more passengers and more fun. Less weight,less vibrations,less roof. Tiring.
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Finally got around to wiring in taillights for turn signals. While this is being done the 7 pos trailer plug gets installed. It'll have trailer brakes before too long.
IMG 9406

J

JTW

I suppose and would be nice if that was needed. I did see that but its lots more money and it keeps your fingers further from the paddles. That was a big part of our issues we're keeping the steering wheel where it came in relationship to the paddles. If that wasn't the case this would've been done for 25$ and been done long time ago. Really worked hard on this one.
Heated would have been nice definitely sometimes. But we can now pick and choose steering wheels for 20$ and have good horn gave us another spot for switch lol. I really like making my own stuff over buying it if can.
I'm super interested in doing the horn mod!

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Been very busy on side projects last couple days to start building cash for the Takeover trip so Puddle Jumper hasn't had anything done to it for a bit.
Finally got everything for the steering wheel and this mod can now be done with very little work and pretty reasonable. Anyone interested pm me but don't just start buying things it has to be in right order or gets expensive I'll promise that. Anyways new wheel installed correctly! Old wheel can go right back on (if ever wanted) horn takes a bit more but very reasonable just have to be committed.

View attachment 39051 View attachment 39050 View attachment 39052

Fits very good didn't leave anything just be it had to look and fit perfect otherwise I wasn't doing it but persistence paid off
That's pretty slick bud! It will be nice to have the horn where it supposed to be.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Got the second winch contactor for the rear winch installed finally! Room is seriously becoming an issue. Easy hookup though just jumped power between them. Have wire going through the plastics for a cleaner install
IMG 9407

Once everything is in it'll get cleaned up more

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That's pretty slick bud! It will be nice to have the horn where it supposed to be.
Really wanted it there! Honestly almost gave up but that's just where it should be and my wife gives me enough hell I usually get it done

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Final pieces for heat/cooling got here today . We weren't going to start on this till summer but good time with everything taken apart. 8" reversible car fan that'll be variable speed and two 3" variable speed intake fans for heat and 3" marine vents. Won't be any seat heat after this and still allow for good heat. Been wanting to do this setup from day one but finally getting to it. Sucks to rearrange items in the dash panel and fill some holes but it is what it is.
IMG 9440

Last edited:
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Final pieces for heat/cooling got here today. Decided on automated so building a climate control type setup. We weren't going to start on this till summer but good time with everything taken apart. 8" reversible car fan that'll be variable speed and two 3" super quiet variable speed intake fans for heat. All controlled by automatic temperature controller and coming out of fully adjustable 3" marine vents. Won't be any seat heat after this and still allow for good heat. Been wanting to do this setup from day one but finally getting to it. Sucks to rearrange items in the dash panel and fill some holes but it is what it is.
View attachment 39268
May as well stick a condenser on it too while you're at it. Have the first ac pioneer

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
IMG 9450

Got the bodywork to the dash completed from the old volt guage that was in this spot, moved switches up and left room for added switches below.
The temperature controller in. Easy setup to control both sets of fans, heat will turn on small intake fans into the cab and cool will turn on 8" 1700cfm cooling fan that runs across the motor and exhaust. Not a bad buy for 9$ with built in relays, hell the controller was less then one rocker switch and I would've needed two that would've taken up the footprint in the dash. No need for something extra to push and now anyone who drives this won't concern themselves. This full setup will be 65$ for everything pretty reasonable.
When the cabin gets hot cooling comes on and as it's gets cold the heat comes on. Simple and effective I'm hoping. This was a 5 wire hookup and two switches would've been 10 wires. Win win.
Cooling fan is pretty quiet and heating fans are totally silent so it's nice to have separate indicators on the screen to tell us they are working correctly.

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
We'd all be money ahead if we just bought Jeep Rubicon's. Lol
Watch your mouth! Jeeps around here aren't the cool type that off road they are all glorified pavement princesses with 25k of goods that'll never get used PJ will! Anyways a Jeep will not follow our Pioneers in the woods and the ones that do off road seem to break frequently and are not allowed anywhere around here except for the overly crowded terrain arks with parking lot racers. Actual truth. I do like Jeeps just not the type around here, our bus sees heavier wheeling then most

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We have several parks for Jeeps locally it's a big thing, but most of them you see are more lightbars than lockers. They are twice as high and near twice as wide. Hard to fit down trails.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
We have several parks for Jeeps locally it's a big thing, but most of them you see are more lightbars than lockers. They are twice as high and near twice as wide. Hard to fit down trails.
Ya jeeps really aren't my thing! To customize a jeep you simply pay for bolt on parts. I'd rather do this stuff. A jeep will not follow us they just aren't my cup of tea. Love the Pioneer

Reactions: sharp and DGann
advertisement