image.jpeg

P1000 Cumminspusher-the New Ride

Third build on a Pioneer platform in a year it can only get better. More lighting,more automation,more protection, more innovation, more storage,more ability,more suspension,more passengers and more fun. Less weight,less vibrations,less roof. Tiring.
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good news! I knew you would figure something out! You know we are going to need some video and that may mean waking up the family in the middle of the night to get it! Lol. You are such a bad influence because now I'm looking at horns. But it's got to be unique!
I've got a Dixie air horn with an electric compressor my dad keeps trying to get me to put on. But there's 7 horns..Would be cool but finding a place for it all.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ok here's how I did it. An old brass roller from that Dodge horn makes contact all the way around without wires twisting or something dragging and wearing out. Figured if it lasted 40 years and still good that's perfect. Nice and simple and should be pretty bulletproof. Shown here without protective collar from wheel to column. Steering wheel can be changed everything can come apart no interferences. Makes continuity through the horn switch in the steering wheel. I'm happy there's no hunting for horn when needed so this one is now safety feature. Plus the button actually works!
It'll make that 139db dual tone set of horns move some moose
IMG 9344

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You people have way to much time on your hands !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not near enough time for this passion honestly. That's all that stops most of us. And the not enough money thing

Last edited:
J

Jshell3

Ok here's how I did it. An old brass roller from that Dodge horn makes contact all the way around without wires twisting or something dragging and wearing out. Figured if it lasted 40 years and still good that's perfect. Nice and simple and should be pretty bulletproof. Shown here without protective collar from wheel to column. Steering wheel can be changed everything can come apart no interferences. Makes continuity through the horn switch in the steering wheel. I'm happy there's no hunting for horn when needed so this one is now safety feature. Plus the button actually works!
It'll make that 139db dual tone set of horns move some moose
View attachment 38741
You know we are going to need some video
(Chant) video, video, video!!!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I know several people that rebuilt Dodge front ends at 20,000 miles, most had diesel motors (heavy). From what I have heard the later models have that sorted out.
They are better that way but are much more expensive in other aspects. Truthfully rebuilding a front end so often sucks but if that's all you do it's not so bad lol. Older Dodge/Chev front ends can be much more bulletproof against the Diesel but cost of those parts is triple

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
They are better that way but are much more expensive in other aspects. Truthfully rebuilding a front end so often sucks but if that's all you do it's not so bad lol. Older Dodge/Chev front ends can be much more bulletproof against the Diesel but cost of those parts is triple
Planes, trains and automobiles.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Reactions: sharp
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

It's just a bad combination of a heavy engine, stiff suspension and most people are using the trucks to haul/tow heavy loads over rough terrain. I think in general the 3/4 ton or 1 ton trucks need front end work sooner than 1/2 ton.

" jak9922" lmfao grilling hotdogs on a stick over an open popo hahahahaha

advertisement
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It's just a bad combination of a heavy engine, stiff suspension and most people are using the trucks to haul/tow heavy loads over rough terrain. I think in general the 3/4 ton or 1 ton trucks need front end work sooner than 1/2 ton.

Probably so. I would never do ANY THING like that. No, no no.

Reactions: joeymt33
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

I'll fully agree with that from what I've seen. 1/2 ton doesn't beat itself to death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'll fully agree with that from what I've seen. 1/2 ton doesn't beat itself to death.

You know firsthand how better shocks help save the pioneer 700 from destroying itself!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You know firsthand how better shocks help save the pioneer 700 from destroying itself!

Yep! I've actually got 1/2ton springs for my pickup and they'll go in as soon as we get bags to suck up weight when needed.

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Been very busy on side projects last couple days to start building cash for the Takeover trip so Puddle Jumper hasn't had anything done to it for a bit.
Finally got everything for the steering wheel and this mod can now be done with very little work and pretty reasonable. Anyone interested pm me but don't just start buying things it has to be in right order or gets expensive I'll promise that. Anyways new wheel installed correctly! Old wheel can go right back on (if ever wanted) horn takes a bit more but very reasonable just have to be committed.

IMG 9403
IMG 9402
IMG 9404

Fits very good didn't leave anything just be it had to look and fit perfect otherwise I wasn't doing it but persistence paid off

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Shouldn't you be upgrading to this steering wheel Mr Gadget?

Heated Steering Wheel Kit for Honda
Shouldn't you be upgrading to this steering wheel Mr Gadget?

Heated Steering Wheel Kit for Honda

I suppose and would be nice if that was needed. I did see that but its lots more money and it keeps your fingers further from the paddles. That was a big part of our issues we're keeping the steering wheel where it came in relationship to the paddles. If that wasn't the case this would've been done for 25$ and been done long time ago. Really worked hard on this one.
Heated would have been nice definitely sometimes. But we can now pick and choose steering wheels for 20$ and have good horn gave us another spot for switch lol. I really like making my own stuff over buying it if can.

Last edited:
advertisement