Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Machines with revised parts started rolling off assembly line the last week of July. However those parts were already assembled on the engine and transmission in Japan and shipped to S.C. plant. May be awhile if available to order those parts, don't know what the parts numbers are yet .
I've got a few days left to buy the extended warranty, the only reason i'm considering it is the clutch
Yea I get it. Was more surprised they haven't had any returned for clutches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's BS!

Reactions: Ridem32 and nbomar
Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
I understand the clutch issue is a problem but I called my dealer about fox shocks and when I asked him about clutch fix he said he hadn't heard anything. He also said I sell 6-8 of these a week and we've never had one come back for it. Just thought it was an interesting thing to share.

As long as he is selling 6 to 8 a week. He want ever say that they have a clutch problem.

Reactions: JTW and Smitty335
TAW

TAW

Sep 12, 2016
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Me either to many guys on here with clutch problems according to my dealer ship they are just finishing up testing of the new parts and are supposed to be fully released this month they are sending a few of the kits to my dealer this week maybe I'm the guinie pig with this thick Texas clay mudd !!!

J

JTW

I purchased the extended warranty yesterday shed a tear paying for it but better safe than sorry.
After I heard some bulls*** about my lift andand how a Honda only warranties "stock" and how they have to remove the rear rops and the bed to do a clutch swap... I WILL NOT be purchasing an extended warranty! I don't think they wanted to work on it... and why would you when you're making 200 on an oil change!!

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV
I purchased the extended warranty yesterday shed a tear paying for it but better safe than sorry.
Check out the thread on the texas rde coming up in Febuary

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV
My dealer told me they have not done any clutch replacements either.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It has been awhile since I asked but my dealer told me they did one and it turned out it was a member of this forum so I believe them somewhat.

B

Byrdman

May 21, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As long as he is selling 6 to 8 a week. He want ever say that they have a clutch problem.

Hell I already own one so no reason not to say he's fixed any. He said only problem he hears about is heat.

advertisement
Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
After I heard some bulls*** about my lift andand how a Honda only warranties "stock" and how they have to remove the rear rops and the bed to do a clutch swap... I WILL NOT be purchasing an extended warranty! I don't think they wanted to work on it... and why would you when you're making 200 on an oil change!!

lol remove rear ROPS!? Sillyness is what that is.

Reactions: Eltobgi and JTW
TAW

TAW

Sep 12, 2016
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My service guy said the problem was that it was not delivering enough oil to the clutches to keep them cool during stress which in turn caused the burning of the clutches the fix is supposed to take care of that. East Side Honda of Texas has been straight with me on the problems and making sure that I'll be a return customer

jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
Have read about the clutch issues. I bought one anyway and like Honda's. The 1000 is nice and I've had all of the Honda Pioneers. The 1000 rocks and it kicks a$$.

Old school here but thoughts on reading all the clutch threads..

TAW

TAW

Sep 12, 2016
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The rolling sauna does suck in the Texas heat!!

J

JTW

I love my Honda all but the heat and Shi$$y schocks going to upgrade to fox later this year
Have you put a lift on it yet? I just put front shocks on... I haven't really got to out it thru it's paces yet. But the lift has been one of my favorite additions so far.

Reactions: Plumber32
jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
I love my Honda all but the heat and Shi$$y schocks going to upgrade to fox later this year
Heat can be fixed pretty easily. I have a 17 with some Honda updates but it needs a bit more on the seat heat though I haven't burn't up in it. They fixed the shifter heat. Fox shocks are good, actually they seem really good.

Reactions: Plumber32 and JTW
advertisement