P1000 Clutch issue question?

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I've been a member here since before the first 1000's were delivered. Have only commented a couple times. Good site, appreciate everyones comments and the way you help each other. Will be retiring soon, been studying all the SXS to figure out which one I am going to buy. I own two Honda four wheelers. Good machines. I have read enough now. Between the clutch issues and pathetic accessories I am gonna have to figure out which other brand to buy. See Ya, Thanks for all your help.

I am not the biggest Honda fan around. But honestly there isn't anything out there right now that can compete with the Pioneer 1000 warts and all. I have have searched high and low for an alternative and guess what? I still have my Pioneer 1000 and I probably will until it either becomes such a maintenance headache/money pit that I can financially justify getting rid of it or until someone comes out with something better. No one has yet.

The closest competitor, in my mind, is the Can Am Defender. It has more problems than the Pioneer. I just went and looked at a HD 10XT in again (this one in camo and 2017) and this one was worse than the 2016 version I looked at a while ago. So many thing wrong with it. The Pioneer build quality is still way higher.

Reactions: JTW and pct
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am not the biggest Honda fan around. But honestly there isn't anything out there right now that can compete with the Pioneer 1000 warts and all. I have have searched high and low for an alternative and guess what? I still have my Pioneer 1000 and I probably will until it either becomes such a maintenance headache/money pit that I can financially justify getting rid of it or until someone comes out with something better. No one has yet.

The closest competitor, in my mind, is the Can Am Defender. It has more problems than the Pioneer. I just went and looked at a HD 10XT in again (this one in camo and 2017) and this one was worse than the 2016 version I looked at a while ago. So many thing wrong with it. The Pioneer build quality is still way higher.

Honest reviews are great, I read it and came to the same conclusion for the same reasons, lets everyone make an informed decision when they are comparing and buying what is best for them.

As much as these things cost we expect better. It's hard not to, BUT it is a purpose built off-road machine that is in between a ATV and a Jeep it does things neither can do and things that both can. A SXS is comparable to neither. But has a lot of the tech of a full sized vehicle packed into a smaller package and designed to be beaten off-road.

ME taking that into consideration for my purchase decision. Things I over looked are mild noises. Gear whine and Solenoids clicking are not a concern. It's an off-road vehicle with gears. If coming from a belt machine it's something your not accustomed to. When it shifts gears you're going to have a surge or jerk it's a more solid connection motor to tires.

Not a smooth, but only ever driving a couple of belt machines over the years(and not for long due to problems). It feels weird NOT to have it.

Heat seems to be an issue with all machines.

Remember you're sitting on top of 1000's of controlled explosions per min. Heats gotta go somewhere. I HATED riding my Valkyrie in traffic, I felt like I was over a BBQ pit.