P1000 Clutch issue question?

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Those of y'all that have had clutch issues. I just Drove 11 hours to TN I take bike off trailer everything's fine. Take spin around park about 4 miles shut it off few times all good. Then shut it off for about 3 min get back in crank it takes 5k rpm for
Clutch engage if you press gas fast. If I ease into it it will pull at 2500-3. Took both grounds off cleaned back on. I did notice that both my MT Manual and AT automatic indicators are both lit up after failed clutch reset. I've seen this come up before. It don't want to take the clutch reset procedure which I have done before. Any ideas ?

Last edited:
Reactions: pct
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Those of y'all that have had clutch issues. I just Drove 11 hours to TN I take bike off trailer everything's fine. Take spin around park about 4 miles shut it off few times all good. Then shut it off for about 3 min get back in crank it takes 5k rpm for
Clutch engage. Took both grounds off cleaned back on. I did notice that both my MT Manual and AT automatic indicators are both lit up. I've seen this come up before. It don't want to take the clutch reset procedure which I have done before. Any ideas ?
Run it until it fails! lol But seriously on mine never had both MT and AT on at all! Just completely failed on me, but i do not think my situation is the norm. Good luck

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Clutch engage. Took both grounds off cleaned back on. I did notice that both my MT Manual and AT automatic indicators are both lit up. I've seen this come up before. It don't want to take the clutch reset procedure which I have done before. Any ideas ?

You have to go through the DCT Initialization reset procedure quickly without pause, it takes most people about 9 tries to get it right the first time.

Reactions: pct and Someguy
Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Run it until it fails! lol But seriously on mine never had both MT and AT on at all! Just completely failed on me, but i do not think my situation is the norm. Good luck

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well it back to normal when ride in Manual so I can kinda skip 1,3,5 climbed a few hills and I felt it hit stop slipping so stopped did the reset it when right threw and MT/AT when off dash. The reset would not go threw while it was acting up. Idk from there

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You have to go through the DCT Initialization reset procedure quickly without pause, it takes most people about 9 tries to get it right the first time.
Yeah im good at it it just wouldn't take the final stage after you start the engine. Would start the .5 sec quick flash - saying it didn't go threw

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I know the reset process can be aggravating, from getting oil to correct temp and getting through all the steps just so so for it to take.

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Up date. The following day it ran fine for about 1/2 the day then it starting slipping again same as before right after I popped the front up on a enbankment. Reverse 1,3,5. So I kept riding taking it easy. Hoping it would stop on it own again. Well i tipped the pioneer over on it side after rolling back on a washout. Once we tripped it back over it wasnt slipping as soon as I put it in gear. No problems rest of the day or even the following day. It seems like the jolt from tipping over knocked what ever is causing the slipping back on track. I sure wish we could find out wtf is really going on. It seems like some kind of electrical glitch. This is 4 time such events have occurred on my machine in year and 4 months. 730 miles now

advertisement
J

JTW

Up date. The following day it ran fine for about 1/2 the day then it starting slipping again same as before right after I popped the front up on a enbankment. Reverse 1,3,5. So I kept riding taking it easy. Hoping it would stop on it own again. Well i tipped the pioneer over on it side after rolling back on a washout. Once we tripped it back over it wasnt slipping as soon as I put it in gear. No problems rest of the day or even the following day. It seems like the jolt from tipping over knocked what ever is causing the slipping back on track. I sure wish we could find out wtf is really going on. It seems like some kind of electrical glitch. This is 4 time such events have occurred on my machine in year and 4 months. 730 miles now
Weird!!

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Man, Bayouownbeer I feel for you I'm going through about the same thing with mine but it wont last that long But at this point if I thought putting it on its side would fix it I would surely do it HaHa hopefully between the all of us here on the forum we can get this straightened out
Paul

Reactions: Hawk53
R

rcarroll

Dec 26, 2015
Mine is doing exact same thing won't move till 4-5k rpm tried 20 times to do reset and it won't take. Just started doing it yesterday.

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What does your oil look like

R

rcarroll

Dec 26, 2015
OIl not bad but it just started slipping I have about 1.5 mi on it since it's been acting up. Read on some other places that the dct reset won't work if it's slipping so should I just tear apart clutches?

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How many miles do you have on your pioneer and what kind of riding where you doing when it started acting up

R

rcarroll

Dec 26, 2015
Around 350 mi. As far as riding that's the problem my hired hand and dad were using to pull over trees while cutting down. They said they never slipped them but I bet clutches are toast. Now, since I can't get the reset to work because of slipping if I change the clutch do you think it'll work ?

ElmerFudd

ElmerFudd

Jul 19, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Around 350 mi. As far as riding that's the problem my hired hand and dad were using to pull over trees while cutting down. They said they never slipped them but I bet clutches are toast. Now, since I can't get the reset to work because of slipping if I change the clutch do you think it'll work ?
I've been a member here since before the first 1000's were delivered. Have only commented a couple times. Good site, appreciate everyones comments and the way you help each other. Will be retiring soon, been studying all the SXS to figure out which one I am going to buy. I own two Honda four wheelers. Good machines. I have read enough now. Between the clutch issues and pathetic accessories I am gonna have to figure out which other brand to buy. See Ya, Thanks for all your help.

Reactions: 0860silverado
pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It sounds like they might be I"m still waiting on mine to come in they where back ordered yours should be under warranty if you can wait the dealer to get around to it it dont look like it is going to be a bad job on the clutch reset you you have to go fast with it it will take be patient with it

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry you feel that way elmer the 1000 is a good machine but just like all the rest it can be broken
good luck

advertisement