Can't deal with the steam

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hang on a second....

Did you buy your rig from Crow_Hunter???
Umm.. no. Why? I remember his name. Did he sell? Was his rig screwed up?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

J

JTW

Seat heat and steam fix
IMG 2758 IMG 2759 IMG 2760 IMG 2761 IMG 2762 IMG 2763

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
90% of the heat is now redirected behind the mid panel.
I don't have a mid panel. I have a rear panel behind the back seats. The steam flows in through the bed and behind the front seat. Did you seal that off at all?

J

JTW

I don't have a mid panel. I have a rear panel behind the back seats. The steam flows in through the bed and behind the front seat. Did you seal that off at all?

Nope.. I'm guessing the fan takes care of most of it and what does come up, is behind the mid panel.. so I don't care. Besides, it was 70 here today. Rode some in the creek though with the mid open and a kid in the back,.. didn't have any complaints about it.

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Nope.. I'm guessing the fan takes care of most of it and what does come up, is behind the mid panel.. so I don't care. Besides, it was 70 here today. Rode some in the creek though with the mid open and a kid in the back,.. didn't have any complaints about it.
Im gonna do the fan but I think I need to figure out a way to seal off that gap. Already have my bilge switch wired. Our accessories and climate is a little different. In summer the steam isn't bad as it is now, with no fan or anything, when crossing creeks and rivers and stuff infrequently and momentarily. Rivers especially because it quenches instantly.

In the snow though the steam never stops. I have a video of what the window looks like when the steam dries. The window just gets all froze over or, today it was warmer, splotchy and dirty and stuff so you can't even see through it.

Is that seat kit from the guy here on the forum or diy?

I forgot to put the engine cover on before I went out. I'm gonna put that back on and go see if that might be my problem. It's wholly possible that's why steam is billowing into my cab.

I sprayed the cover with that rubber undercoating for sound dampening and maybe some kind of heat insulation. Idk about the heat aspect but I'm sure it won't hurt the sound side of things. Nobody hates quieter.

Anyways when my stuff finishes uploading (huge files) I'll post. Just me tooling around. Few different angles. Just experimenting. I have a cool idea for a shot I wanna try out in a few hours. It's on a hill overlooking a gravel pit. Hopefully it's not so deep I get stuck!

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

I had some of the material so I cut it myself.. mine runs all the way up to the bar that attaches the seat back. I really don't know what else to tell ya.. I know what you mean as far as steam in cold conditions. We just haven't had a winter here.. yet?? I just don't think you're going to be able to vent the heat and steam out. I think a "hard blower" is your best bet to push it further back to escape around the bed. The heat and steam is just inevitable on a sxs!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
This happened with the engine cover off? I bet that'll make a big difference.
The engine fan keeps the rear seat much cooler - the heat gets blown out the back of the buggy.
I have a small fan/heater blowing on the windshield that helps to keep the glass clear of fog. I bet just a fan would help.

Reactions: JTW
advertisement
B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Lol. This thing paws through snow. It's stupid. My Polaris crew had like 10 inches of clearance with stock tires. This thing has like 16 or something. it just cut through probably 2 feet of snow going uphill. I'll admit I was scared to death I was stuck. I decided to turn around and go uphill to the road, knowing if I got off the trail the snow might eat me. So I just gunned it to the right, that way I could at least get drug out by a truck.

Nah. Just drove right up. Someone said they had a bad experience with intimidators in snow. I'm pretty darn impressed.

As for the steam the cover helped a lot but not 100%. It's def manageable now, not like in the previous video. My cover is warped and isn't sealing all that great. I might get some weather stripping and see what that does. I'll update tomorrow after I try the foam idea. I thought about bringing a sheet with Me and shoving it in the crack between the bed to see what happens. If I can trap it down there the bilge fan can blow it away.

I set my action cam up on the hill, and honestly I wimped out before I got to where I wanted. When my buddy gets back and we have a rig to pull me out I'll get a little braver. I lack a winch and common sense.

Only video I really got was my phone, which happens to be a better cam than my action cam.

I'll post after it finishes uploading.

I need a winch.

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Lol.. he b****ed about his a lot too.
Look, do you wanna play blind man? Go walk with the shepherd. But me, my eyes are wide f'n open

It’s the little differences. I mean they got the same s*** over there that they got here, but it’s just — it’s just there it’s a little different

Play with matches, you get burned

Deer-hunter

Deer-hunter

Feb 19, 2016
Effie,Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Im gonna do the fan but I think I need to figure out a way to seal off that gap. Already have my bilge switch wired. Our accessories and climate is a little different. In summer the steam isn't bad as it is now, with no fan or anything, when crossing creeks and rivers and stuff infrequently and momentarily. Rivers especially because it quenches instantly.

In the snow though the steam never stops. I have a video of what the window looks like when the steam dries. The window just gets all froze over or, today it was warmer, splotchy and dirty and stuff so you can't even see through it.

Is that seat kit from the guy here on the forum or diy?

I forgot to put the engine cover on before I went out. I'm gonna put that back on and go see if that might be my problem. It's wholly possible that's why steam is billowing into my cab.

I sprayed the cover with that rubber undercoating for sound dampening and maybe some kind of heat insulation. Idk about the heat aspect but I'm sure it won't hurt the sound side of things. Nobody hates quieter.

Anyways when my stuff finishes uploading (huge files) I'll post. Just me tooling around. Few different angles. Just experimenting. I have a cool idea for a shot I wanna try out in a few hours. It's on a hill overlooking a gravel pit. Hopefully it's not so deep I get stuck!

Move to south Louisiana, you'll never have to worry about snow.

I am wanting to seal the bed to the cab as well , but just never got around to it yet. Get you some armor flex pipe insulation. It is what I plan on using. I have a sheet left over from my last job and I plan on using it for under the seat and to seal the bed to the cab. It is very flexible.

IdahoPioneer

IdahoPioneer

Oct 16, 2015
Emmett, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I expected more than lowly stereotypes from a potato farmer

Funny thing is I recently heard that the 80 acres next to me is going to be turned into a potato field soon.

Definitely do another sauna video after you install your blower. I'm interested to see how much that helps.

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
https://goo.gl/photos/4tHMT1UijzDJ27X88

Not related to steam. Just a quick video of me going through snow deeper than my tires.

I need to get a phone mount so I can video from my phone as well. I have unlimited original quality storage with Google, may as well use it. 4k with image stabilization is pretty cool.

I'll post a sauna video in a day or two. My buddy is back from the slope now, so we are gonna go riding soon.

I'm gonna pinch a noodle between the bed and see how that does as well.

Reactions: IdahoPioneer
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
https://goo.gl/photos/4tHMT1UijzDJ27X88

Not related to steam. Just a quick video of me going through snow deeper than my tires.

I need to get a phone mount so I can video from my phone as well. I have unlimited original quality storage with Google, may as well use it. 4k with image stabilization is pretty cool.

I'll post a sauna video in a day or two. My buddy is back from the slope now, so we are gonna go riding soon.

I'm gonna pinch a noodle between the bed and see how that does as well.

You're going to pinch a what in the what?!

advertisement