Status
Not open for further replies.
txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i'm not going anywhere- they all have issues - just read their repsective sites. Atleast you get a an American in the CS dept that acts like they care..

Ragen

Ragen

May 8, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I threw on the windshield today and along with the hard roof, I made a trip to the dump. The morning was about 70°f and after a late light rain, the roads were damp and dust free, although it was threatening rain.
By the time I got back, I was cooking from the frigg'n heat in the cab. Wasting no time upon my arrival, I immediately called Honda America...AGAIN...and miraculously, got the SAME Honda Support agent that I had 6 weeks ago.

He said "Honda is FULLY aware of the heat issue in the Pioneer 1000's"... "A massive solution is underway."... "Watch my mail and get ready for a FACTORY solution to ALL of our cab heat issues..."

"But wait, that's not all, order in the next 10 minutes..."

Ahem...ever heard "The checks in the mail and I won't *** in your mouth"

That's about how much I believe Honda America....The fix will probably be duct tape around the shifter hole and a wet rag between the seats.
I agree, my wife said we are done with the heat, we have done everything available to curve the heat but had no luck, it's up for sale and our investment of hard earned money has given us very high level of poor quality performance. It is sad/unprofessional such a strong industry leader as Honda would allow us the end users the opportunity to test their New Honda products before they did.

AZhunter

AZhunter

Jan 26, 2017
Peoria, Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree, my wife said we are done with the heat, we have done everything available to curve the heat but had no luck, it's up for sale and our investment of hard earned money has given us very high level of poor quality performance. It is sad/unprofessional such a strong industry leader as Honda would allow us the end users the opportunity to test their New Honda products before they did.
I agree with you 100%, However, Honda has said they with be fixing the heat problem in about a month, so hang on if you can. At least let them put the fix on it before you sell it. It might make it worth more for resale and easier to sell as well. Good luck to you!

Corona1

Corona1

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2016
The Land of Cheese
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm not going anywhere either. We really enjoy the machine.
I've installed a fan and heat shield to the front seat. I'd say they reduce the heat by 80% or more, up front.
The back seat needs attention. So I tore it apart to add more heat shield and decided I would like to see Hondas fix first. That is when I made the follow up call to Honda about the status of said fix. The irritating part is the expectation I will accept "very very soon" as an update to "very soon".
I know if I used that line on my customers it would not play well.
Earlier in this thread I said - end of rant - apparently I had more to rant about, and I apologize for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZhunter

AZhunter

Jan 26, 2017
Peoria, Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm not going anywhere either. We really enjoy the machine.
I've installed a fan and heat shield to the front seat. I'd say they reduce the heat by 80% or more, up front.
The back seat needs attention. So I tore it apart to add more heat shield and decided I would like to see Hondas fix first. That is when I made the follow up call to Honda about the status of said fix. The irritating part is the expectation I will accept "very very soon" as an update to "very soon".
I know if I used that line on my customers it would not play well.
Earlier in this thread I said - end of rant - apparently I had more to rant about, and I apologize for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL, I love that monkey picture and the quote "the face you make when your bobber goes down"!!! That cracked me up! Thanks!!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I will agree with you guys on the heat. Many other rigs have heat issues as well and the Pioneer has its main problem because of the short wheelbase and large seating cap. Not making excuses because it is a problem but that's why. Wish they had tested some more with accessories installed that really seems to be where it gets bad. I do expect them to remedy this and feel if that's someone's only compliant it might be worth waiting hopefully.

AZhunter

AZhunter

Jan 26, 2017
Peoria, Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I will agree with you guys on the heat. Many other rigs have heat issues as well and the Pioneer has its main problem because of the short wheelbase and large seating cap. Not making excuses because it is a problem but that's why. Wish they had tested some more with accessories installed that really seems to be where it gets bad. I do expect them to remedy this and feel if that's someone's only compliant it might be worth waiting hopefully.
YES! they should have tested this all-new model more. It would have saved their SXS reputation and a lot of aggravation and expense on our part. Think how it would have look to the SXS community if the P1K came out and was virtually flawless like their other products. It would have been a home run. I am wondering if they will put the water ingestion fix in, as well as that new radiator fan air deflector in at no charge when they someday fix the P1K's heat issues.

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What difference of opinion on the same machine. Ya either love the PK, or HATE it, and it's so hard to tell from the internet what's the personalities of the owners...because we are all riding the SAME machine. One owners machine is really not any hotter than the next given similar situations...but what a spread in how we like or dislike these PK's.

Are the haters use to the modern luxuries of a modern car and work in climate control environments?
Do the likers work outside in the heat and eat hot slimy bologna sandwiches for lunch?

Who knows...All I know is I really, I mean really like our PK5. With the windshield on it's hot...FRIGG'N hot, but I'm willing to wait for Honda to straighten it out. It might be worn out before it happens...but for me, it fit's out needs precisely.

Oh, and I've eaten WAY too many slimy, hot bologna sandwiches, just so everyone know what camp I'm in...LOL

AZhunter

AZhunter

Jan 26, 2017
Peoria, Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What difference of opinion on the same machine. Ya either love the PK, or HATE it, and it's so hard to tell from the internet what's the personalities of the owners...because we are all riding the SAME machine. One owners machine is really not any hotter than the next given similar situations...but what a spread in how we like or dislike these PK's.

Are the haters use to the modern luxuries of a modern car and work in climate control environments?
Do the likers work outside in the heat and eat hot slimy bologna sandwiches for lunch?

Who knows...All I know is I really, I mean really like our PK5. With the windshield on it's hot...FRIGG'N hot, but I'm willing to wait for Honda to straighten it out. It might be worn out before it happens...but for me, it fit's out needs precisely.

Oh, and I've eaten WAY too many slimy, hot bologna sandwiches, just so everyone know what camp I'm in...LOL
Not sure if its got a lot to do with the love/hate thing. in other words, if you HATE it, meaning the overall buggy, then you cut your losses and sell it. If you like it, like I do (although I teeter sometimes) and the main gripe is the heat, then wait for Honda to fix it. If Honda told me/us, go pound sand sucker, you bought it, its your problem! then I would sell it for sure. But Honda should fix it in a month and I am hoping I will love the fix and the cooler ride. Overall I like mine, minus the heat!

Last edited:
txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I live in hot ass Texas and with the bilge fan and ebay heat shield it's almost fixed - now add the wind deflector they released for the shifter hole heat and you are good. I will say that I like to pop the half windshield off while i'm driving and it makes a huge diff. My wife on the other hand likes it on. We bought a super ATV flip up for winter and mountain trips and it works fantastic - the heat is much welcomed. I'd venture to guess that if you took a jeep and crawled in the Texas heat with no AC and just the windows open it would about the same as PK5. Surely some of you guys have put on full motox gear and rode in the heat on a dirtbike - talk about sweating your ass off. No offense but if you're hot in a SXS you may just want to get a jeep

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
We were riding previous years with nothing but this year finally added the 7" fan still no cover but it drops temp very quickly. Has a ton of airflow and did work for us. Would be cool if Honda came up with something similar I'm sure they have these fans laying around from car division.

Reactions: sharp and Landman
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
True @drfubar , go take a ride in a Ranger or Teryx. They all have heat issue! Drink a cold one ane ride!o_O
The heat was never that big a problem for us we'd ride no matter what but the steam can be a b****. I can see where that could seriously burn someone especially a child. We fixed ours simply for extended comfort at a 100+ when some of the tough guys won't even ride lol. I do think it should get looked at, if enough people are bringing it up then it's a problem and problems can effect future sales so it's in the best interest of the company to try to come up with a solution.

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
AHHH,UMMM...YETI! If I had $400 clams, I own a Yeti box. Best I can do is a Yeti stainless 20oz mug I got for fathers day...

As for this LOONG post about calling Honda America, it seems there are some (un-named) members with anger management issues. Now in my days, way back in the really old reality universe, comments and insults like these often led to some level of one on one blood letting.

Fortunately for some, in the virtual universe we now frequently partake of, blood letting has all but been eliminated.

As I've said before "Ain't the internet GRAND"...

AZhunter

AZhunter

Jan 26, 2017
Peoria, Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have come to realize that with the exception CP, a hand full of regulars on here don't what you to post any problems. if you do then you have to deal with the same home remedy suggestions, but if I say I want Honda to fix it, I'm whining. "Just stop whining and ride". This forum is for most of you with the banners under your name. no matter what any of you elitist's say the non banners are wrong and you run the show. you call it whining only you don't agree with it. I had another fella PM me with the same issue. he tried to make a point and everybody attacked him. these regulars can talk as crude and nasty as they want about us, but say one thing back and the good ole boys attack us and want us out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Crow_Hunter
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
We know that the problems are real. We don't try to hide that, is a matter of fact we try to tell everyone how to fix the problem. Some people are happy by fixing their problems and moving on in and enjoying the vehicle.

Some people would rather have it built right the first time and will continue to push Honda to fix this.

Neither way is wrong and neither way is right, it's all personal preference on how you want to go about things.

When someone says that there's an easy solution for the problem it's not that we're trying to cover it up we're just thinking that the new member may be a person that would like to fix it and move on.

When the moderators jump in is when people start using foul language and attacking.

advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.