P1000m3 Better hunting buggie 700 or 1000

J

JTW

This is what has me second guessing, which you are not the only person to point this out. But thinking what everyone is saying I think the 1k would work ok. I don't need a pure work machine since I will not be working it hard all the time, but will work it hard 10 to 12 times a year. The rest of the time will be light work, moving trailers picking up brush etc. also of course some just fun time running up and down country roads around my place.

I am currently using a Yamaha Grizzly 600 (old style 2001 model) which I have never had a belt or clutch issue. In fact the only thing I do to is is replace the battery ever 5 or 6 years, change oil and put gas into it. Never had a issue!!! I pull a small harbor frieght trailer 4'x4' and a 5' x 10' for brush. Pulled some small trees, some it just just would spin the tires and not go anywhere. So I am not easy with it but I don't abuse it either.

Hopefully I will keep whatever I get for 15 to 20 years like I do with everything else. So the cost difference is no as big of a deal compared to picking the right machine.

Thank you for your input
I had the same 4 wheeler.. mine was the 660 though.. I really think you'll be ok with the 1000.. now with that said.. I have an old Jeep willys and a Massey 135 to do more serious work with.. I would think that if you plan on trail riding more than working it.. you should get the 1000

B

Bowtech32

Dec 6, 2013
I had the same 4 wheeler.. mine was the 660 though.. I really think you'll be ok with the 1000.. now with that said.. I have an old Jeep willys and a Massey 135 to do more serious work with.. I would think that if you plan on trail riding more than working it.. you should get the 1000

Yeah I have a Massy ferguson tractor around the house for serious work. When I go to my place in NW Tx I just don't want to drag a tractor out there. Jeep is a good idea but will not go places a ATV or a SxS will go. Buddy's of mine got a Rhino buried last year when we had a lot of snow. My place gets really muddy when it is wet in areas and the other area it is really rocky. There used to be pasture roads so you could get a truck in, but now even a 4x4 truck has no chance now. I wish I had time to fix it somewhat, but kids and my job just don't have that kind of time.

Reactions: JTW
Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
This is what has me second guessing, which you are not the only person to point this out. But thinking what everyone is saying I think the 1k would work ok. I don't need a pure work machine since I will not be working it hard all the time, but will work it hard 10 to 12 times a year. The rest of the time will be light work, moving trailers picking up brush etc. also of course some just fun time running up and down country roads around my place.

I am currently using a Yamaha Grizzly 600 (old style 2001 model) which I have never had a belt or clutch issue. In fact the only thing I do to is is replace the battery ever 5 or 6 years, change oil and put gas into it. Never had a issue!!! I pull a small harbor frieght trailer 4'x4' and a 5' x 10' for brush. Pulled some small trees, some it just just would spin the tires and not go anywhere. So I am not easy with it but I don't abuse it either.

Hopefully I will keep whatever I get for 15 to 20 years like I do with everything else. So the cost difference is no as big of a deal compared to picking the right machine.

Thank you for your input

The Grizzly has a Yamaha wet clutch in it and it "doesn't like" creeping at very slow speeds either. It is very hard on that clutch as well, if you don't have enough engine RPMs to spin the crank up to speed, the clutch levers won't fully engage with the drum attached to the primary and the clutch will slip and wear out the friction components. (I assume that the Yamaha CVT design is still the same as it was then)

I would say that as long as you drive it in similar locations and a similar way, you will be fine with the Pioneer 1000 from a transmissions standpoint and the turf mode and engine braking alone would be worth it over the P700 to me. (I came from a Honda Rincon and I hated the lack of engine braking)

My advice is to go with the Pioneer 1000-5 but wait until after the announcement to make sure that they aren't doing something really cool with the 2017 model.

J

JTW

Yeah I have a Massy ferguson tractor around the house for serious work. When I go to my place in NW Tx I just don't want to drag a tractor out there. Jeep is a good idea but will not go places a ATV or a SxS will go. Buddy's of mine got a Rhino buried last year when we had a lot of snow. My place gets really muddy when it is wet in areas and the other area it is really rocky. There used to be pasture roads so you could get a truck in, but now even a 4x4 truck has no chance now. I wish I had time to fix it somewhat, but kids and my job just don't have that kind of time.
Lol.. sounds like you need a dozer and not a sxs!

B

Bowtech32

Dec 6, 2013
Yea, dozer would be nice lol. But what fun would that be to have nice smooth trail

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk