P1000 Back from the dunes...

txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ya can give Strong' all the s*** ya want but to this day there 'ain't nuthin' like the a fresh CR-500. Throw your leg over that bad boy and be ready for a thrill ride. I had two...a 1985 and a 1991. The '85 was early production and with the compression, it was like trying to kick over a small block Chevy...I moved on to the '91 and it was a "bit" more refined, easier to start and better suspension. It drew blood on the two previous owners before I got it (one had a compound broken leg incident and the other a compound wrist fracture). It would ABSOLUTELY go ANYWHERE you had the balls to point it. I put in a weighted flywheel and a wide ratio transmission and a desert tank...it would putter along through foot dragging technical or go 110mph on a drylake. If you've never ridden one you'll never know, they were freaking animals...

What killed 'em was the EPA, the advances in four stroke's and probably just being a pain the ass mixing 50:1 gas...and they were a gas hog.

View attachment 66943 View attachment 66944

Out of principal - no MX bike should ever have a kickstand LOL

strongbuilt

strongbuilt

Sep 7, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
HAHA, that is called Little Sahara. Its out by delta Utah. Highly recommended, check out their you tube videos, websites. Make sure you type in UT though, there is a few places called the same thing. Also by Rexburg Idaho, is a place called St. Anthony's and believe me when I say it's where the big boys go to play and max out there machines.. I'm talking some of the Biggest, most mind blowing dunes you'll ever see. check out Dead Horse Bowl, Chokecherry, Devil's dune videos. Scary, white knuckle s*** right there!! Whoooooooooo rick flair said it best

Reactions: elkguide
Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Out of principal - no MX bike should ever have a kickstand LOL

HA!!! That's NOT A MXer! It's a frigg'n desert bike!!! MX is for PUSSIES and REAL desert riders always have a "jiffy stand" (Harley riders too).

That CR-500 was mine and I gave it to my son who rode it in the "Best of the Desert" Las Vegas to Reno race...550 miles non stop only to pit, about 11 hours. Not sure what he placed that year but he held the #1 PLATE for two years in a row in the expert class when actively racing, ending up retiring the CR and running a Yamaha WR450f.

At least I didn't mention putting thing in your butt...(That was F'up by the way JTW...LOL) Hey Tex, just messing with ya anyway...

Here is Sam sporting the #1 plate on the Yamaha...in the DAMN desert...LOL

Mqv2rtjimg 1424

Last edited:
Reactions: strongbuilt and JTW
Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Naw, but he did jump the Snake River Canyon without a rocket or parachute. What have YOU done Tex?? :D

Reactions: strongbuilt
J

JTW

HA!!! That's NOT A MXer! It's a frigg'n desert bike!!! MX is for PUSSIES and REAL desert riders always have a "jiffy stand" (Harley riders too).

That CR-500 was mine and I gave it to my son who rode it in the "Best of the Desert" Las Vegas to Reno race...550 miles non stop only to pit, about 11 hours. Not sure what he placed that year but he held the #1 PLATE for two years in a row in the expert class when actively racing, ending up retiring the CR and running a Yamaha WR450f.

At least I didn't mention putting thing in your butt...(That was F'up by the way JTW...LOL) Hey Tex, just messing with ya anyway...

Here is Sam sporting the #1 plate on the Yamaha...in the DAMN desert...LOL

View attachment 67091
That’s what I do..

Reactions: strongbuilt