Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
What is this in reference to? Tires? Shocks?
Clutches. Mine has gone through a few partially due to a pressure issue or heat is what a couple of us believe. Testing a set of aftermarkets out and if they hold in I think @snuffnwhisky may have most of the bases covered however they are not ready yet. More later. People are trying here which is great for all of us

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
Love that i can have my girls in the back and my son backled in right next to me. also the doors being higher is nice to have. plus all the other features

People complain that the rear seat area is incredibly hot, worse than the front seat.

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
People complain that the rear seat area is incredibly hot, worse than the front seat.

I can vouch for that. It isn't the seat though on mine, it is the foot well. My wife rode in the passenger side rear seat for a couple of hours of slow driving and she complained that the heat coming off the "not a step" hump right next to her left foot got to the point that it was unbearable. Now she was wearing sandals and shorts and we were driving about 4-7 MPH in hilly woods but she is also VERY cold natured and actually doesn't mind the heat on the front seats.

If she had been wearing something else she didn't think it would bother her as much. A buddy also rode back there and didn't say anything but we were riding faster and for less time and he was wearing pants and boots instead of shorts and sandals.

I don't think it is a big problem, just be prepared to stop and let it and them cool down.

I hope to test it some this weekend. My brother and buddy want to go and do some riding this weekend.

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wish I had gone with the 1000 back seats are useless when it is hot. Back seat rides suffer bad.

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I've seen where multiple people on here have installed a blower that supposedly helps with the heat. I sure wouldn't want to put my kids in an area where they would be getting excessively hot. I know @Jshell3 and @joeymt33 have done this and looks simple and good (i know others have too, they are just the more recent ones i saw)

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
The heat problem is on both the 700 and 1000. It can be drastically reduced with a blower fan and heat shielding. All SxSs get hot but the reason the Pioneer is a little worse is because of the engine location. It just seems to me this could be done from the factory. However, I know we would pay a lot for it and it is probably cheaper to do it yourself.

J

Jshell3

Engine heat is there on the P500, too. (Automotive heat and sound insulation, easy fix)
IMG 5222

(Just pulled the seats and rolled it out, put seats back on).

A couple members who own 2016's sat in my 2017 P1k5, both said my seat was softer and thicker than theirs. So Honda is making improvements as they gather feedback.

ErikHonda4Life

ErikHonda4Life

Jun 6, 2015
No ragrets here either. Lol!
We have been through all seasons with it and the heat is nice when cool out side but manageable with byouownbeers heat shield and will add the 4" marine blower before the hot part of summer is here. I just love being able to manually shift gears on tight twisty trails. No clutch problems yet for me.

Same here! South TX and it is HOT!

lrandy129

lrandy129

Curmudgeon
Lifetime Member
Nov 4, 2016
NELA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No regerts :D It's been a solid machine to this point. If you get to thinking the P1K has issues, spend some time reading other forums and it'll help with perspective.
No regrets tattoo i regert nothing

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Engine heat is there on the P500, too. (Automotive heat and sound insulation, easy fix)
View attachment 42736
(Just pulled the seats and rolled it out, put seats back on).

A couple members who own 2016's sat in my 2017 P1k5, both said my seat was softer and thicker than theirs. So Honda is making improvements as they gather feedback.

Going to be a revision coming with this heat and sound mat, this stuff holds water and will get moldy if not taken out and dried. I'm looking at different rubber products now, should be better for sound transmission and will block the heat as well. Just trying to find something that fills the bill without being too expensive.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement
J

JTW

Going to be a revision coming with this heat and sound mat, this stuff holds water and will get moldy if not taken out and dried. I'm looking at different rubber products now, should be better for sound transmission and will block the heat as well. Just trying to find something that fills the bill without being too expensive.
The stuff that I used shouldn't hold any water or get moldy..
Amazon.com: Car Insulation - 4' x 10' Roll (40 Sqft) Sound Deadener & Heat Barrier Mat - Automotive Lightweight Thermal Insulation: Automotive

Reactions: trigger and popeye
J

JTW

You may want to try this for the p5... it's what I used on it and it worked great!!!
RB Rubber Rolled Rubber Mat 4' Wide x 1/4" Thick x 12" Long 30K48B002500 - Sold By The Linear Foot by Rb Rubber Products Inc for $5.99 in Horse Blankets - Mats - Horse Supplies - Livestock - Agriculture : Rural King

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Yeah JT! Good sh**, both of them. I think I like the rubber mat stuff better as it is heavier and will reduce the noise more. I'll be pulling the trigger on this stuff pretty soon. Thanks for the info.

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Now that ive switched. no regrets yet. Transmission take a little getting use to with the 6 speed. But so far im loving it. Hate taking the loss i did on the 700, but I think this 1000 is just what i wanted the whole time.

M

MattM

Apr 13, 2017
Pittsburgh
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am very pleased with this machine. I purchased this for family recreation. For the wheelbase and QTY of passengers, this machine fit my needs. We are riding at Rock Run Recreation just about every weekend and no issues whatsoever. We have been all over this park and even with the tight technical parts, we do not make 3 point turns like the other long wheel base >2 multi-passenger UTVs.

GravelBat

GravelBat

Sep 5, 2016
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMG 1060
IMG 0931

No regrets for me and the fam. Most versatile SxS on the market. I like having the bed for doing day to day work in the acreage. Then being able to convert it for 5 passengers on the weekend is pretty darn convenient. Being able to convert back and forth keeps the total length down so we can still navigate trails pretty easily.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
View attachment 49289 View attachment 49288

No regrets for me and the fam. Most versatile SxS on the market. I like having the bed for doing day to day work in the acreage. Then being able to convert it for 5 passengers on the weekend is pretty darn convenient. Being able to convert back and forth keeps the total length down so we can still navigate trails pretty easily.
Yes! Not replacing the stock tires and shocks first rattle out of the box. HA!

advertisement