Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd take a little intake noise over a shattered piston or bent rod any day of the week

Reactions: JTW and joeymt33
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do a search for "pioneer tsunami" video. It's in the Bull Run thread. We like to make waves lol

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

You can tell from the pics that I don't have any water problems at all. The snorkel scoop faces backwards and water splashes over it but not inside it. Believe me, me and @Delton play in the river all the time and have fully tested these snorkels. They do make a little noise wether you have it on the inside or not.

I'll try to find a good vid.....

SIGNATURE:

Quote by Delton: You ain't riding the Bull without some type of collateral damage. Scratches, gouges, etc. But if you do happen to be the type that Armoralls your tires and waxes your panels, we have a nice stretch of blacktop you can raise hell on lmao
@joeymt33 @Delton
Is there no issue with water seeping down the snorkel pipe and sitting in the airbox intake box once you cut the hood and box top? Seems like the cut hood would allow more water get get in under the hood area.. how are you preventing that?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
@joeymt33 @Delton
Is there no issue with water seeping down the snorkel pipe and sitting in the airbox intake box once you cut the hood and box top? Seems like the cut hood would allow more water get get in under the hood area.. how are you preventing that?

Water can run down between the hood and the riser pipe. But it doesn't hurt anything.

You can see from this picture that it is sealed very tight. 90000509f65f80cb4e703a5e1431a934

Also, after a day of riding, I remove the hood and rinse all the mud and dust it's on top of my batteries and other electronics.

J

JTW

Anybody using a prefilter style intake? What kind of cfm's are these motors pulling?

IMG 1444

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anybody using a prefilter style intake? What kind of cfm's are these motors pulling?

View attachment 27285
Somebody asked about that very same product few months ago in another thread. Can't remember what the answers were.

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

Somebody asked about that very same product few months ago in another thread. Can't remember what the answers were.
I've searched and searched.. I may have seen that thread.. but I don't think there was an answer. Looks like I'll be buying one to try. I'm not sure my dad will bar down to cut his hood some I'm getting a few different options.

advertisement