3-13-2017 snow storm

ripHST

ripHST

Feb 27, 2017
Van Etten, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Use a 1952 Ford 8N no cab. Works great!

Yeah, I was going to buy a tractor originally but my wife thought we should get a SxS....we'll, you know what I ended up with. It's great though, as long as it holds up to some hard work. My son will like it a lot too.

Reactions: popeye
ripHST

ripHST

Feb 27, 2017
Van Etten, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 700-4, roof, windshield, all 4 soft doors and a rear/mid panel that I have installed on the very back and the heater. I bought the Eagle plow from american mfg., I like the fact that their mount didn't take away any ground clearance. There was snow blowing in the cab from time to time, but I still am able to stay warm when plowing.
View attachment 38195

Sounds like a good set up.....I don't think I could justify the hard doors. Blocking the wind is all I'd care about right now. Do you have the Honda soft doors? Other than letting a little snow in, they fit okay?

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
@ripHST the gaps around the doors aren't so bad, there are bigger gaps are around the hard roof, some of them are almost big enough to put your hand through and underneath the seat back has a pretty good gap. I bought some air conditioner insulation at home depot and cut it to size to fill some of the holes. Blocking the wind is about all the soft doors do, but it make a huge difference as compared to nothing. I used to plow with an ATV, with so many layers of clothes I could barely move, doing it with the pioneer is a sweatshirt ( I said it again @Smitty335 )with the tunes on and being able to feel my fingers is well worth the money for the doors. From what I here, the hard doors themselves close up pretty tight, but you still would have the gaps from the roof, shifters, behind the seat ect to close up, like you said I couldn't justify buying them either.