2020 Ford Bronco?

• Thread starter Bradley-Thornton
  • Start date
H

HondaTech

I've heard it shared a platform with the new 2020 Escape which sounds disappointing.

Probably be a lame retro inspired name drop, with no offroad prowess whatsoever and a BS V6.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've heard it shared a platform with the new 2020 Escape which sounds disappointing.

Probably be a lame retro inspired name drop, with no offroad prowess whatsoever and a BS V6.
Probably a Nissan rogue with a ford oval

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Hahaha you guys are great with all the info you THINK you know! Lol.
In All seriousness, I’m in the motor city and use to work at Roush that does development for Ford and I still have a few engineer friends that work in the big glass building in Dearborn, that said...

I’ve been trying to get out of them what I can about this new Bronco for a few years and I get 0 yup a big fat goose egg! They don’t know chit about it and even the engineers on that team are tight lipped and sworn to secrecy. The only thing that has and will ever be leaked is that it will have a removable top and there going straight after the Jeep Wrangler market. They don’t even know what size wheels or the brand tires they will come with. It’s on serious lock down till they debut it at an auto show! 2 of my engineer friends say it will be the Detroit auto show. They also said don’t read into the articles about it on the fake news o net cuz you’ll get all exited then your dick will be in the dirt once u find out the truth later lol. Although it’s interesting hearing what you all guess what will be in it. Enjoy! :)

Last edited:
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
In All seriousness, I’m in the motor city and use to work at Roush that does development for Ford and I still have a few engineer friends that work in the big glass building in Dearborn, that said...

I’ve been trying to get out of them what I can about this new Bronco for a few years and I get 0 yup a big fat goose egg! They don’t know chit about it and even the engineers on that team are tight lipped and sworn to secrecy. The only thing that has and will ever be leaked is that it will have a removable top and there going straight after the Jeep Wrangler market. They don’t even know what size wheels or the brand tires they will come with. It’s on serious lock down till they debut it at an auto show! 2 of my engineer friends say it will be the Detroit auto show. They also said don’t read into the articles about it on the fake news o net cuz you’ll get all exited then your dick will be in the dirt once u find out the truth later lol. Although it’s interesting hearing what you all guess what will be in it. Enjoy! :)
Lol. They have had so many different prototypes/concept versions over the years. Hasn't this been going for like 10 years now, and still no bronco for sale.

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lol. They have had so many different prototypes/concept versions over the years. Hasn't this been going for like 10 years now, and still no bronco for sale.

Its coming now its on Fords website

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

Got a friend at a ford dealer that says it’s a 2.3 based off of what’s been showing up for parts department. Based off of that he’s very certain it’s ranger platform.
A few things online point to that as well. Obviously nothing solid but usually enough gets out to make a general assumption. But yes truthfully who knows.
I’m not in the market for one so I got nothing in the game but I really really liked the original and I’d love to see it come out fairly close to that. Ford Chev and Dodge all did well with the muscle car renditions so hopefully. Ford has all but killed off the v8 so that part may just not take shape. Guess we’ll all wait:(

Last edited:
Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Got a friend at a ford dealer that says it’s a 2.3 based off of what’s been showing up for parts department. Based off of that he’s very certain it’s ranger platform.
A few things online point to that as well. Obviously nothing solid but usually enough gets out to make a general assumption. But yes truthfully who knows.
I’m not in the market for one so I got nothing in the game but I really really liked the original and I’d love to see it come out fairly close to that. Ford Chev and Dodge all did well with the muscle car renditions so hopefully. Ford has all but killed off the v8 so that part may just not take shape. Guess we’ll all wait:(
Yeah Ranger platform is something they have mentioned but there still not entirely sure that was at bowling 2 weeks ago. They said like most manufactures, it’s easier to start there work off current platforms due to the cost of production retooling then the price goes through the roof. One of them was on the new Aviator for tech design and wouldn’t let me in on that when I was interested till a month before it hit showrooms. It’s all about sectary and the hype and rumors that gets the public’s heads rolling. Also so the competition doesn’t came out with something better of the same product just before or directly after. They like it to be a year before that happens lol. When the retro Thunderbird was in design, they brought one into my bay from a test to tinker with it and I was told to say nothing or job implications:eek: That was 2 years before it came out. Then there was the Alan Park facility all prototypes, I don’t think it’s there any longer. couldn’t get in unless U had high clearance.but I did get a glimpse of a BA optimis prime looking semi and a couple old mint 60’s ford GT’s when I was there and a sweet green sorts car of what I don’t know? That was 20 yrs ago.

Wallace

Wallace

Well that didn't go as planned
Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
20171217 081633
I have one dana 44 and a 9 inch darn near bullet proof.
Hope they do a good job on this.
Not a bunch of fufu creature comforts

advertisement
J

JTW

Well, it’s no secret I’m a 3.5 EB fan. And it would be good in the bronco, although I’m sure they’ll go with the smaller version. But I would prefer the 5.0 in it myself. I mean let’s be real... it’s being bought for the nostalgia and look. It’s not really a practical vehicle. A nice growl to it would play hell on the Jeep market and I’m a Jeep guy.

Reactions: sharp and Wallace
Wallace

Wallace

Well that didn't go as planned
Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
I think the 3.5 eco would be plenty. Got to look at weight to power.

Badblubug

Badblubug

Oct 28, 2017
North woods
Ownership

1. 500
Thoughts

At this point its coming I have my name at the top of the list with my local dealer who happens to be a friend. What do y'all think anyone else looking?

My wife wanted a old one but the new one will be less LOL.

Many are saying it will be released at the Los Angeles car show in the next week. As long as the roof comes off and it looks something like this. I will have one.

Motor I really want the 5.0 so I'm not sure if that will be an option but I worry it want be the first year but the second and then I would have to upgrade. I'm a buy and keep 10yr kind of guy. Hate the idea of upgrading and taking that hit twice.

2021 Ford Bronco: What We Know So Far

The Legendary Ford Bronco - SUV Returning by Popular Demand | Ford.com

View attachment 159971 View attachment 159972

I like it if it’s styled like the 1st gen Bronco and have read removable door and roof, going to compete with the Jeep Wrangler which presently has no competition, I think if priced reasonably they’ll sell well, I however won’t be in the market for one because I know I won’t be willing to pay the asking price....nope, not going to happen

Reactions: JTW
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I thought the doors were to be removable like a Jeep and would have mirrors mounted on pillar but those look like they are mounted to door
There will be a sport version with removable doors. Pretty sure I heard that on TFL Truck , they shared so much information they got disinvited to the official reveal.

Reactions: Montecresto
advertisement