P500 2018 P500 arriving tomorrow

LEOshorty

LEOshorty

Dec 26, 2013
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
Tomorrow I’m picking up my olive green 2018 P5 with a Honda hard roof from the dealer. Total out the door (dang sales tax) is right around 9K. I plan to install a Strongmade front bumper and Smittybilt 4K winch on the front, and a SuperATV folding windshield. Still not sure what I’m going to do on the rear for a box, and I’m sure I’ll add some LED’s front and rear and an overhead gun rack. Still kicking around Bluetooth speaker options so I can play music from my phone. What am I forgetting? After the factory shoes wear out I’ll step up to offset wheels and 27” tires. I’ve been a member a long time here and am looking forward to finally having a Pioneer to play on.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Tomorrow I’m picking up my olive green 2018 P5 with a Honda hard roof from the dealer. Total out the door (dang sales tax) is right around 9K. I plan to install a Strongmade front bumper and Smittybilt 4K winch on the front, and a SuperATV folding windshield. Still not sure what I’m going to do on the rear for a box, and I’m sure I’ll add some LED’s front and rear and an overhead gun rack. Still kicking around Bluetooth speaker options so I can play music from my phone. What am I forgetting? After the factory shoes wear out I’ll step up to offset wheels and 27” tires. I’ve been a member a long time here and am looking forward to finally having a Pioneer to play on.
Congrats!

Make sure you take a pic so you can look back on [HASHTAG]#dayone[/HASHTAG] .

Reactions: JsheII3 and Russ989
C

Chooglin

Congratulations on the new Pioneer. You definitely won't run out of things to buy for these machines and it sounds like you are off to a good start with the mods.

Reactions: Russ989
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3

3. Talon X
Congrats on the new machine :)

T

twodog

Jan 22, 2019
Ozark Mountains
Ownership

1. 500
You will like the new ride. Where in Arkansas are you at? I live on the south side of the Ozark National Forest.
Good luck on an overhead gun rack. I have never found one that would work like I wanted. The roll cage is so narrow the gun always sticks out somewhere and I am not comfortable with that. You will need some sort of back enclosure to control the dreaded dust vortex come summer. I got the Tusk soft vinyl version. So far it works great and trailers good.

advertisement
AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
What did you put on?

I had a set of ITP Mudlites 26x9 and 26x11 on the factory rims that the machine destroyed after 500 miles. The roads & trails I ride are too rough. I now have Roctanes (same size as above). Really happy with them. They're heavier but won't leave me limping out of the bush on a flat.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
You said you would replace the factory shoes when they wear out, so go ahead and get them now, the worn out tires are right around the corner, in fact in my opinion they are worn out from the factory.

T

twodog

Jan 22, 2019
Ozark Mountains
Ownership

1. 500
I have almost 700 miles on the factory tires on stock rims. They look maybe half gone. No problems so far but then I am not hard core and no really tough conditions where I ride. If you are going to get into the real tough off road stuff then by all means swap them soon as others have said. They certainly are not the best but they will do for me a while longer.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
If possible, don’t wait for OEM tires to wear out, you will miss out on 1-2 years of a better ride with bigger tires. Congrats, and hope to see a front locker in your future.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Congrats on you new pioneer, you’ll want to ditch those stock tires pretty quick if you leave your yard or road much. They aren’t very aggressive at all. Post pics when she arrives!

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If possible, don’t wait for OEM tires to wear out, you will miss out on 1-2 years of a better ride with bigger tires. Congrats, and hope to see a front locker in your future.
X2 on the better ride, it made a huge difference on mine.

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You will like the new ride. Where in Arkansas are you at? I live on the south side of the Ozark National Forest.
Good luck on an overhead gun rack. I have never found one that would work like I wanted. The roll cage is so narrow the gun always sticks out somewhere and I am not comfortable with that. You will need some sort of back enclosure to control the dreaded dust vortex come summer. I got the Tusk soft vinyl version. So far it works great and trailers good.
X2 on the tusk rear panel, this was one of the first things I bought, the p5 swirls dust like nobody’s business.

Reactions: Backwoods
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Larger after market are one of the best mods you can do. Makes it so much more capable.

advertisement