Multi 2017 Pioneer Takeover - April 28 & 29th - Ride Royal Blue!

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
7ef5da1a94c716bec21aa9cc566c46e3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You may want to measure the total length if the rig, however I think you will be just fine.

Reactions: Plumber32
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You may want to measure the total length if the rig, however I think you will be just fine.

Well I know the truck is 24' and the camper is 43' but some of that length overlaps. Let's say 6' overlaps that would be 61' total and add a 12' trailer that is probably 14' total length and I'm exactly 75. Best case scenario...

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Well I know the truck is 24' and the camper is 43' but some of that length overlaps. Let's say 6' overlaps that would be 61' total and add a 12' trailer that is probably 14' total length and I'm exactly 75. Best case scenario...

West of the Mississippi River you would have no problem getting away with it, East of the River most State Troopers will not be so forgiving. 65 ft is the limit in many eastern states. 80ft out west.

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
West of the Mississippi River you would have no problem getting away with it, East of the River most State Troopers will not be so forgiving. 65 ft is the limit in many eastern states. 80ft out west.
that is a monster!!!

advertisement
Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pulling something that long around, it would probably be a really good idea to know the laws. Nothing like getting a high dollar "safe driving" certificate as you are on your way to have fun!!

BKopp

BKopp

Sep 26, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went for the first time to RRB this weekend and took a buddy with. Although it was extremely cold Friday night at 15 degrees we went for some great night riding. A buddy that we went with has a can am xxc 1000 and the pioneer kept up or did better than his. I had to give him a hard time as he overheated that night too as cold as it was and had to sit and cool off. Lol. I rode a total of 130 miles for the 2 days and nights and was very impressed and my buddy that rode with me more so. I only burned 10 gallons of gas the whole weekend too. I talked to my wife and we are planning to go the 4-28 weekend with my toyhauler. I'm so looking forward to it.

A couple things I learned this weekend that I'd like to upgrade before then:

More lighting for night riding. I put 2 cubes on that helped a lot but more is better and rear light is a must

Either a 2" lift and or forward a-arms and a little bigger tire. The stock ones did fine with very little spinning but it was cold and dry. In fact the only time I used 4wd was when I found a deep water hole on trail 22 and need d to back up.

Which leads to next upgrade is a bumper that moves the winch up higher as when loading up I went to secure the winch for backup and it was a big frozen block of ice from all the water splashing on it.

A couple other things too but all told I'm very pleased with the pioneer

I composed this on the iPad and will add a few pics from my phone later

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

J

JTW

I went for the first time to RRB this weekend and took a buddy with. Although it was extremely cold Friday night at 15 degrees we went for some great night riding. A buddy that we went with has a can am xxc 1000 and the pioneer kept up or did better than his. I had to give him a hard time as he overheated that night too as cold as it was and had to sit and cool off. Lol. I rode a total of 130 miles for the 2 days and nights and was very impressed and my buddy that rode with me more so. I only burned 10 gallons of gas the whole weekend too. I talked to my wife and we are planning to go the 4-28 weekend with my toyhauler. I'm so looking forward to it.

More lighting for night riding. I put 2 cubes on that helped a lot but more is better and rear light is a must

Either a 2" lift and or forward a-arms and a little bigger tire. The stock ones did fine with very little spinning but it was cold and dry. In fact the only time I used 4wd was when I found a deep water hole on trail 22 and need d to back up.

Which leads to next upgrade is a bumper that moves the winch up higher as when loading up I went to secure the winch for backup and it was a big frozen block of ice from all the water splashing on it.

I posted a link with the tough country bumper on sale.. I wish I had seen it before I bought my EMP mount and brush guard!

BKopp

BKopp

Sep 26, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's the one I want for sure

Reactions: JTW
LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4

Where do you live @BKopp?

Reactions: sharp
advertisement