P1000m5 2017 1000EP5 spin transmission

H

hheppner

Sep 26, 2024
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was pulling a log out and I was in 4 lock on a side hill when there was a bang and then transmission just spin. However, when I gave it gas again, I could still move. I looked underneath and under seat but didn't see anything broke or damaged. However, it still shifts and moves. I am not sure what else to check. All CVC joints are good and both drive lines look good. I was wondering does the pioneer have a breaking point in transmission to save itself from damage, like it dis-engages itself and then re-engages.

Reactions: TxDoc and ChadD
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Probably the 4 wheel drive engaging. Sometimes if it's bound up it will make a loud bang when it locks in

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I was pulling a log out and I was in 4 lock on a side hill when there was a bang and then transmission just spin. However, when I gave it gas again, I could still move. I looked underneath and under seat but didn't see anything broke or damaged. However, it still shifts and moves. I am not sure what else to check. All CVC joints are good and both drive lines look good. I was wondering does the pioneer have a breaking point in transmission to save itself from damage, like it dis-engages itself and then re-engages.
Welcome from Michigan.
Rule#4 when u join/first post is post up pics of your rig and info like miles , mods and such please.

You have a 17’ again, not knowing much about your rig original owner, second ect. . The 16-17 had cluch issues. There was a campaign that has expired to address the issue and unfortunately if you didn’t get it done then, They’re not gonna cover it. It comes out of your pocket. But regardless, if you did not get the update doing the things that you’re describing you did can cause catastrophic failure. So if you can provide us with some of the information of your rig, would help us get you there.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
to answer your question - no, the pioneer does not have a "save me feature" - it has a clutch that transfers power from transmission to the sub-transmission to front\rear final drive

worse thing to do to anything with a clutch is to stall it as it (such as pulling a log that is stubborn and the wheels are not spinning) simply starts to slip and get hot\burn

for clarity - once you heard the pop, when you say the transmission just spins - is that the same as the engine just revs up and no movement?

when you went to look - did you put the machine in park - look around and then put the machine in H or L and went to pull and all was fine? trying to get the detail if you moved the P\R\D\H\L lever in the middle of the madness....