P1000 Yet Another Pioneer 1000 Dual Battery Install - video

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not a right or wrong thing. I find the convenience of the buss bar to be worth it and I protect it with red electrical tape that is easy to peel back when adding another device as shown in the video. High current devices I prefer not to run through the fuse box. I only connect low current devices through that. As long as proper safety and wire sizes are observed to carry the load current, there are numerous designs that will work. I have seen several designs I like better than mine. All good Mr. Red!
Agree here. There are choices and people have different set ups.
I didn't choose a bus bar, but went with a fuse box behind a 30A marine circuit breaker and 40A auto relay with KOP.
Others use Stingers. Of course my winch is straight to the batteries, but the contactor is to the fuse box.
I liked this setup because it let me remove all of the in-line fuses. I just made sure to use the proper fuse in the fuse box.
But true to the above, I've seen setups that I like more than mine. My big mistake was using a 6 spot fuse box and not a 12 spot mounted in a different location. That was my bad. A positive bus bar generally gives you a lot of slots.

H

HighboyPioneer

Lifetime Member
Apr 2, 2023
PNW
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
Wondering the same as Red B

Reactions: Smarkle3
R

Red B

Feb 12, 2023
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is the response True AM sent me. So I responded with the question "So this disconnects the Aux battery when the blue light is on?" Jeremy answered "Correct" .Hope this will help.

Red.

Re: remote battery disconnect​

Inbox

AAkddurNi4TdvAzGuxHGPFVkFqaCDtBd8eAa70yLv5IhnPgJjtX_-_E5EgxIvWWa7fsZQw=s40-p

TrueAm, Inc. <[email protected]>​

Thu, Mar 16, 11:00 AM
to me

This safeguards any voltage sensitive equipment you may have connected by disconnecting the Isolator while you are starting your vehicle.

Regards,
Jeremy

Reactions: TxDoc