Looks like the best deal out of all of them. Great find @txsufer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thx I PM him and he said it would fit the deluxe M5 as well (I figured it would). May have pick one up soon

Reactions: Ridem32
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yup.. I agree with @Jshell3 but you have options.. and that's a good thing! I'd go with aluminum or 1/2 UHMW. I wouldn't consider 3/8!!

I'd only avoid 3/8 on skid plates designed with lap joints. I agree the machined overlaps are too thin when you cut down the 3/8" material. If you're serious about sliding over obstacles, skipping joints and multiple pieces is the best idea.

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
I

don't want to sound too ignorant here
, but what does UHMW stand for. Will be getting skid plates, want to know my options. Thank you grandpaMichael

Ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene (UHMWPE, UHMW) is a subset of the thermoplastic polyethylene. Also known as high-modulus polyethylene, (HMPE), or high-performance polyethylene (HPPE), it has extremely long chains, with a molecular mass usually between 3.5 and 7.5 million[1]amu. The longer chain serves to transfer load more effectively to the polymer backbone by strengthening intermolecular interactions. This results in a very tough material, with the highest impact strength of any thermoplastic presently made.[2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene (UHMWPE, UHMW) is a subset of the thermoplastic polyethylene. Also known as high-modulus polyethylene, (HMPE), or high-performance polyethylene (HPPE), it has extremely long chains, with a molecular mass usually between 3.5 and 7.5 million[1]amu. The longer chain serves to transfer load more effectively to the polymer backbone by strengthening intermolecular interactions. This results in a very tough material, with the highest impact strength of any thermoplastic presently made.[2]

Well that's the way to beat around the bush!!!!! :););):)