P1000 Word of mouth sales?

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Quit running payment! HA!
I can't!!! My job requires it! Since I toed it in a little, the tires are holding up as well as they did on my Polaris. (Never checked alignment on my Polaris in 7500 miles so I dunno if it's toed out or in or straight.)

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I really want this machine to be successful. With success comes add-ons, lower prices on aftermarket items, and longevity of the production of the unit. If it doesn't succeed then we have Edsels. Sorry I tried to start a topic that I ultimately hoped might reach Honda and make them fix the issues. I have actually been a member of this forum longer than those who feel I am beating a dead horse. I don't live here but am an occasional visitor.
I didn't want to turn off sales but realized I did after friends bought something else. However I am not going to lie to friends about my experience and I actually told both of them to check out this forum before spending thousands.
Great! I burt the clutch of of mine out of igornance, your friends will gain a lot of info here to keep them from doing the same thing I did. Have you ever bought a new dirt bike? First thing you will d is break it in and find the supension doesn't fit you. and you send it off to get revalved and new springs. Pretty expensive! The fix for these is pretty inexpensive. And the tires that come on all S x S's stink, if your going to push it on the trails. Some of the members here that run on a lot of payment run 14 inch car/truck tires. BF Goodwrench makes a great truck tire for this

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
My goodness you go for the bone, HA!
I joined this site pissed, just burt out my clutch at 164 miles. After reading, I learned a lot about my machine, that the sales people were/are clueless about. Now I understand how it works, ride the piss out of it and no more issues!

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I hardly ride mine on payment or mine would have been the same. My Dad told me that all Honda ATVs are toed out for safety, keeps new owners when they turn sharply, keeps the fronts from digging in and floping on there side or rolling, makes since. I'm running a 1/16 of toe in now, but will increase it soon. Quit running payment! HA!

What is the purpose of running toe in or out when you are not riding pavement? Why not neutral?

Reactions: sharp
Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
I hadn't measured mine before realigning it but it had to be waaay off because the way I noticed it was that I just so happened to look out at my driver's side front tire while rolling to a stop and saw it yawing to the left badly. A closer look at the tires showed that the lugs were torn and frayed and some were worn down to the carcass. This was literally the same day I got bought the machine. (wasn't a good first impression to say the least)

I don't know who the hell does the P1K alignments at the factory, but every single machine is toed way out. Should be no reason if they are assembling the machine, and it's a drive-off (able to drive out of the semi trailer when they arrive at the dealer) that re-aligning should be necessary in set-up. New cars and pickups don't come in with the aligment way off.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Then the only logical thing left to do is burn that SOB to the ground...and post the pictures on the fire pioneer page.
Do you think my insurance would cover it if it burned while while sitting next to an older model Polaris? That would be a believable explanation lol!!! (Just proving I'm not a Polaris fanboy!)

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
What is the purpose of running toe in or out when you are not riding pavement? Why not neutral?
Dirt is great for neutral, but payment, just like your car/truck always has toe in to make it track and not wander all over the road, that's why you rotate your tires. outside fronts wear from toe in. I'm running 1/16 toe in on my S x S and it's a little squirley on payment, probably see how 1/8 does.

advertisement
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks Jackal.
My question was a simple one. Do you think your personal reviews (to friends) after giving a honest review of your experience with Honda has helped or hurt sales? If you think it through, the reason for the question is to get Honda to realize if they they leave owners hanging it is going to kill sales.

I have a good friend on the fence right now that wants a sxs he can put his kids in the back of. I didn't dog Honda, just told him the 700-4 is the better machine. The P5 and the P7 are bullet proof, you picked the Edsel. Just my opinion, sorry guys.

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dirt is great for neutral, but payment, just like your car/truck always has toe in to make it track and not wander all over the road, that's why you rotate your tires. outside fronts wear from toe in. I'm running 1/16 toe in on my S x S and it's a little squirley on payment, probably see how 1/8 does.

Good answer! Just wait when you start adding in camber and caster. You can run neutral toe 2 degree camber and 2 degree caster. Tracks like a train. It's a drivers machine however.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Good answer! Just wait when you start adding in camber and caster. You can run neutral toe 2 degree camber and 2 degree caster. Tracks like a train. It's a drivers machine however.
I agree!

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know I have sold 5 of these firey beasts to my local friends. My thoughts of the negative reviews are it hurts the window shopper sales. My area of the world most likely has the highest concentration of popos in the east every weekend. On Fridays my machine is proudly displayed outside my business for the popo rubberneckers. Believe it or not their is a conversion going on a takeover if you will. People stop in just to look at it. Every time I go ride I see more and more Hondas. Sales are not getting hurt from my tree stand.

Last edited:

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
How did it drive? What Polaris did you have?
I remember it actually driving fairly good. Not bad enough for me to check if something was wrong. I had and still have a 2015 Ranger 570 midsize. Needed something with a higher top speed. I replaced front and rear clutches at 7500 miles so I figured it would be a selling point with a brand new drive line. Was gonna sell it as soon as I got my P1K set up the way I like it but I'm leery now. And I'm not trying to push any buttons here but I guess I'm torn between the two machines. I absolutely love my 570 although it works hard to get the high speeds that my job requires. My P1K reaches 60 with no heavy breathing but, Jeezus there's a lot to hate on this piece.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I remember it actually driving fairly good. Not bad enough for me to check if something was wrong. I had and still have a 2015 Ranger 570 midsize. Needed something with a higher top speed. I replaced front and rear clutches at 7500 miles so I figured it would be a selling point with a brand new drive line. Was gonna sell it as soon as I got my P1K set up the way I like it but I'm leery now. And I'm not trying to push any buttons here but I guess I'm torn between the two machines. I absolutely love my 570 although it works hard to get the high speeds that my job requires. My P1K reaches 60 with no heavy breathing but, Jeezus there's a lot to hate on this piece.
Think speed has any thing to do with it, probably a lot, just get it set up for you and speed and you'll be one happy camper!

Reactions: 0860silverado

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a good friend on the fence right now that wants a sxs he can put his kids in the back of. I didn't dog Honda, just told him the 700-4 is the better machine. The P5 and the P7 are bullet proof, you picked the Edsel. Just my opinion, sorry guys.
Agreed about the 700-4. That was the machine I read up on before I bought my P1K. I fell in love with the idea of a torque converter. I assumed that the 1000 was simply a bigger version of the 700 so I hadn't read up on it before I bought it. "DOH!!!"

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Just love. Never owned a popo but drove plenty. Both are better than walking! Both are fun! One requires a little more work. Both make lots of heat. Pick you style buy what suits your needs. Thank GOD that you can afford either and ride!

advertisement